C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wasn't The Transformers Sting Ray Concept Supposed To Be A Design Direction For C7?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 05:50 PM
RC000E
Le Mans Master

Received 346 Likes on 208 Posts

The Viper community will be glad to have you! Bye! Nice knowin ya!
Old 01-03-2013, 05:54 PM
jr3
Safety Car

Received 60 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by slief
Actually, this is the "way you will see it" when I pass you in my C7 while you are in one of your "20" outdated corvettes!

Thats funny
Attached Images  
Old 01-03-2013, 05:59 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Jet Streaming
Will see about that come April I just put $ down on an ordering option for a 2013 Viper last night.
Thank goodness, now we can laugh about the 'clownshoe' design you love. Be sure to let us know when you move to the Viper Forum after you buy that Viper so we can go make fun of your Dodge Dart control *****...
Attached Images  

Last edited by BlueOx; 01-03-2013 at 06:25 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:02 PM
John T
Melting Slicks

Received 267 Likes on 145 Posts

Will see about that come April I just put $ down on an ordering option for a 2013 Viper last night.
Hey Jet, Don't you think Chrysler is taking this " imported from Motown" stuff too far? I read that Smokey is going to sing the theme song for the next Viper commercial ---
" Tears of a clown shoe "
Old 01-03-2013, 06:23 PM
jimmyb
Race Director

Received 4,248 Likes on 2,023 Posts

I was PRAYING that the Transformer car was NOT the C7. While a great "movie/concept" car, it is a very overblown design, as befitting it's purpose in life (to be a show/concept car).

And Jet....go drive a Viper before you buy one! They are not for everyone (understatement of the year).

Jimmy
Old 01-03-2013, 06:30 PM
Rapid Fred
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,314 Likes on 754 Posts

Will that be April 1, perchance?

Sometimes it is really hard to take your posts seriously...
Old 01-03-2013, 06:34 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Is there anyone here who does NOT believe that the OP's motives are something other than expressing an honest opinion?
Old 01-03-2013, 06:42 PM
BluegrassMotorsport
Melting Slicks

Received 883 Likes on 478 Posts

Ah, there it is; a motive. Next thread please...
Old 01-03-2013, 06:43 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Originally Posted by rcallen484
Is there anyone here who does NOT believe that the OP's motives are something other than expressing an honest opinion?
You know, I could care less if someone doesn't like it. I do care if they go out of their way to be an obnoxious lout about it here on CF7 over and over. If you don't like it, why not just show your objection by buying another car?

I don't go over to the Rustang or Viper forums to whine about a car I don't like.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:45 PM
billythekid310
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueOx
Thank goodness, now we can laugh about the 'clownshoe' design you love. Be sure to let us know when you move to the Viper Forum after you buy that Viper so we can go make fun of your Dodge Dart control *****...
That Viper interior looks sick!

....oh wait that's right it's the Dart.

IMO both the Viper and Dart have good looking interior from the pictures. They do share many characteristics just like the Camaro and Corvette will. If it's not broke....
Old 01-03-2013, 06:47 PM
m48xhp
Melting Slicks

Received 211 Likes on 80 Posts

in a word...NO. It never was meant to be the C7. Like all wild and crazy concept cars, it is just meant to see what people like and dont like. If one or two little details carried over to the C7, it was a success.

we get it...you dont like the C7. no one cares. your comments won't change anything. please return to the C6 and Viper discussion boards.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:49 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Originally Posted by billythekid310
That Viper interior looks sick!
....oh wait that's right it's the Dart.

IMO both the Viper and Dart have good looking interior from the pictures. They do share many characteristics just like the Camaro and Corvette will. If it's not broke....
Exactly...I mean, who really gets **** envy? Well OK, I didn't really mean it THAT way!
Old 01-03-2013, 06:51 PM
Rapid Fred
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,314 Likes on 754 Posts

Yes, me. OP has been here for over 2 years and has a thread/post history. I checked some of the ones from when he joined and they are reasonable. OP seems to just have strongly held, unpopular, and poorly expressed opinions regarding the C7 (at least what we've seen of it), does not defend his positions effectively, and tends to lead with his chin.

The similarity to a would appear to be largely coincidental.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:01 PM
VETTE-NV
16 Vettes and counting…..
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,144 Likes on 541 Posts

Originally Posted by Torch Z
Yes, me. OP has been here for over 2 years and has a thread/post history. I checked some of the ones from when he joined and they are reasonable. OP seems to just have strongly held, unpopular, and poorly expressed opinions regarding the C7 (at least what we've seen of it), does not defend his positions effectively, and tends to lead with his chin.

The similarity to a would appear to be largely coincidental.
He has been on here for much longer.....banned several times and reappeared under different names. He was banned for being too annoying regarding the Jetstream blue color. I would guess about 95% of what he posts and claims is BS.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:02 PM
Aerovette
Team Owner

Received 585 Likes on 265 Posts

The use of the new Camaro in the first Transformers movie set a bad precedent in that the expectation that the Corvette would follow suit was assumed.

I agree with others that things are learned from design studies that we will never know. Look at CERVI and CERVII as an example. I am sure technology came from those studies, but no cosmetic similarities jump out at me.

As for the OP, I suppose I could start 50 seperate threads expressing my dislike for asparagus, but I really believe one would get the point across.

Trolls gotta troll and pot stirrers gotta stir.

Last edited by Aerovette; 01-03-2013 at 07:07 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:32 PM
slief
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Just like that C7 you have on order? Funny that you haven't even seen a real C7 in the flesh, profess to have one on order and yet now you put money down on the Viper. The brand new Viper that just got trumped by the outgoing C6 ZR1?? You discredit yourself more and more each and every time you touch your keyboard.

Make no mistake about it, the new C7 ZR1 or what ever it will be will infact be a Viper killer. I'd bet that the new C7 Z06 will beat it as well on the track, at the gas pump, technology wise, looks and especially quality. So get used to that image I put up. It's what you will have to get used to when you pull up next to a cost comparable C7.

That said, enjoy your Viper fantasy and 20 Vette history. It's clearly time for you to enjoy your new buddies on the Dodge forum and run along! Take your Snake and go spank it elsewhere! The Corvette community will be much better off without you!

I don't believe there is anything but malice in his topics of late. While he does have a history here and likely even owns or owned a Vette, I have a hard time believing that any Corvette enthusiast who supposedly owned 20 Corvettes in his lifetime could be immature enough to spam this forum the way he does with his anti C7 rhetoric. Something isn't right with him. That or he was dropped one to many times (on his head) as a baby. Something just isn't right. How does that saying go? If it smells like crap.... There is usually a pile of it pretty close!

IBTL
Old 01-03-2013, 08:11 PM
falco84
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Attached Images  

Get notified of new replies

To Wasn't The Transformers Sting Ray Concept Supposed To Be A Design Direction For C7?

Old 01-03-2013, 08:35 PM
BuckyThreadkiller
Successful Plumber
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
CF NCM Ambassador
CI 6-7-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10
NCM Member '09

Perfect answer - it has all sorts of Corvette heritage.

Here's everything you need.

:
Old 01-03-2013, 08:47 PM
Jinx
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 207 Posts

Stop rewarding troll behavior.

Yes, spending the week finding every possible way in which to say the same thing is troll behavior. Doing it with a new thread every time is doubly trollish.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:44 PM
Jet Streaming
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Torch Z
Will that be April 1, perchance?

Sometimes it is really hard to take your posts seriously...
Not quite, Dealer only has three allocated for the whole year car #1 is sold and ordered car #2 will be mine and ordered about mid Feb. then they will have another allocated to build in early June that is not yet sold.

Last edited by Jet Streaming; 01-03-2013 at 11:48 PM.

Quick Reply: Wasn't The Transformers Sting Ray Concept Supposed To Be A Design Direction For C7?