C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New perspective from the Brits...fun read!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 10:02 PM
BMadden
Safety Car

Received 1,837 Likes on 660 Posts

Originally Posted by ZIE06Bernie
Hehehe yes he said he liked it and he did the same re other C6 models too. But then he backflipped next program and said they were utter rubbish - and that my friend is about as moronic as it gets. So don't cherry pick the positive stuff to try to make a point. Do a bit of research before going out on a limb with half truths.

Unfortunatley granny, he is more about silly stuff like turning cars into boats and smashing up caravans than decent car stuff. Fifth Gear killed Top Gear in quality car stuff. You can go back to your knitting now.
Ouch, you burned me so bad I guess I'll have to run and hide. NOT!

I stand by what I said about the statement that Top Gear not being for car guys is as moronic as it gets, but if you like boring old Fifth Gear better be my guest and watch it instead.

Oh, and as for half truths, let's talk about you saying he liked other C6s as well because that's not true. He said the Z06 was a great car on the track, but for regular driving it was one of the worst things he'd ever encountered. He said he'd rather have bird flu than drive it every day. Is that enough research for ya?
Old 01-25-2013, 10:03 PM
John_R
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by elegant
Jeremy loved the ZR-1 on his trip from San Francisco to Colorado.
If not mistaken he owns one too.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:05 PM
BMadden
Safety Car

Originally Posted by The Dizzy Vizzy
Hi guys, I'm glad they liked it. I have a question for you guys, and maybe you can help me find this video?

Top Gear explored a car - hilariously - that had two wheels in the back, and one in the front. This was actually SUPPOSED TO BE a mass-production car.

However, when you see how quickly this monstrocity turns over, how quickly it abandondes the road, the whole video becomes quickly hilarious, and even has one of the cars crash a game of Cricket!!!

Anyone?

That car was the Reliant Robin. Clarkson driving it is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:12 PM
allred
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by $$$frumnuttin'
good catch...I was too lazy to look it up

but I do know 'tallywacker'

They do seem to use the word "*****" a lot on Top Gear........so I'm sure the word Tallywacker may creep in from time to time!

Great show, love the different views of Captain Slow, Hamster and that loveable buffoon Clarkson!

Old 01-25-2013, 10:22 PM
alanhang
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't worry that dope Geremy will still talk utter rubbish about live rear axles and ox carts whatever. Doubt he would know a live rear axle if it bit him on the bum. And he certainly knows nothing about unsprung weight either.

Top Gear is for non car people to watch to see just how stupid the poor ol poms can be at times - it is everything but a car review show.

Obviously ol Geremy is not a dope but a savvy guy who knows the masses watch rubbish because amazingly the show rates high - but then so does other trashy stuff.

Anyhow I can just see him pretending to chase some European car around the track in the C7 but ensuring he has foot flat to the floor trying his best to make the tail spin away then claim it doesn't handle lol. What a tool. But a funny tool at times.
Some dope that Clarkson is. A multi millionaire a number of times over. Is brilliant and funny on TV, plus has forgotten more than you have ever learned. Your comments are silly.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:24 PM
allred
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by BMadden
That car was the Reliant Robin. Clarkson driving it is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.
LOL, they were colloquially known as "Dog Killers"......if you didn't get it with the front wheel you got it with one of the back wheels. (hey don't shoot me,. I'm only the messenger) and also "Plastic Pigs" .....for more obvious reasons.

The predecessor was the Bond Minicar which dates back to 1949. Some of the earlier models did not have an electric starter and you had to lift the hood and literally kick a kickstarter! Nor did they have a reverse gear......although it was a simple matter to get out and push them when necessary!

Both were dangerous vehicles which should never have been allowed on the road. Not only were their steering geometry capabilities extremely compromised, they were also so light that even a light breeze would often blow them off the road.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:27 PM
lt4obsesses
Le Mans Master

Received 481 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by elegant
Jeremy loved the ZR-1 on his trip from San Francisco to Colorado.

He kinda liked it here to, in his own way. "You'd have to be bonkers to buy the Corvette, and that is why you should."

Hopefully the fit and finish will be tight and the seatbelt loop won't fall off when he drives the C7.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:37 PM
ZIE06Bernie
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I stand by what I said about the statement that Top Gear not being for car guys is as moronic as it gets, but if you like boring old Fifth Gear better be my guest and watch it instead.

Oh, and as for half truths, let's talk about you saying he liked other C6s as well because that's not true. He said the Z06 was a great car on the track, but for regular driving it was one of the worst things he'd ever encountered. He said he'd rather have bird flu than drive it every day. Is that enough research for ya?
Nah granny have to research a bit more for credibility if you want to appear non moronic. Once again you have the half truth - He DID say he liked other C6s in the same video he said the corvette has a live rear axle.

And make sure you watch the link below right thru because then you will know a bit more than the half truth.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/459528/chevy_corvette/

So if you seek truth tune in to Dream Car garage or Fifth gear to get the truth then watch Top Gear for a good entertaining laugh because that is what Geremy is - an entertainer. Very funny at times but has a hatred against anything US and ALWAYS reverses his opinion about Corvettes (even the ZR1 in America one).

Old 01-25-2013, 10:37 PM
The Dizzy Vizzy
Instructor

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! THAT WAS SOME OF THE FUNNIEST STUFF I'VE EVER SEEN!!!

Old 01-25-2013, 10:43 PM
ZIE06Bernie
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by alanhang
Some dope that Clarkson is. A multi millionaire a number of times over. Is brilliant and funny on TV, plus has forgotten more than you have ever learned. Your comments are silly.
Think I said he is actually a savvy guy if you actually read it.

Very entertaining and he markets well but the content is often wrong.

As far as I know my corvette does not have a live rear axle so maybe his knowledge is not as good as you think.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:20 PM
Flex182
Burning Brakes

Received 176 Likes on 87 Posts

Don't worry that dope Geremy will still talk utter rubbish about live rear axles and ox carts whatever. Doubt he would know a live rear axle if it bit him on the bum. And he certainly knows nothing about unsprung weight either.

Top Gear is for non car people to watch to see just how stupid the poor ol poms can be at times - it is everything but a car review show.

Obviously ol Geremy is not a dope but a savvy guy who knows the masses watch rubbish because amazingly the show rates high - but then so does other trashy stuff.

Anyhow I can just see him pretending to chase some European car around the track in the C7 but ensuring he has foot flat to the floor trying his best to make the tail spin away then claim it doesn't handle lol. What a tool. But a funny tool at times.
But I have a feeling he will like the C7 and all the improvements.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:48 PM
User 2623
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by mophead
And the Brits give us what, Landrover??
And Jag-u-ar.
The F-Type coupe which is a competitor and I'm eye-in that along wit d vette.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:54 AM
Nitrous Oxide
Melting Slicks

Congratulations to you. One of the most stupid posts today.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:04 AM
BMadden
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Nitrous Oxide
Congratulations to you. One of the most stupid posts today.
Would you like to point out precisely what is stupid about my post instead of just making a dumbass statement like that? I'll be waiting on pins and needles.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:09 AM
Davy_Baby9
Instructor

Would you like to point out precisely what is stupid about my post instead of just making a dumbass statement like that? I'll be waiting on pins and needles.
That's because there is nothing stupid about your post.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:43 AM
purple heart
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Davy_Baby9
The British version of Top Gear is the best car show on television. The British humor is what makes the show, and the reviews and challenges are always great.

Top Gear has its moments too, you know.

Old 01-26-2013, 03:00 AM
BMadden
Safety Car

That's because there is nothing stupid about your post.
Thank you.

Get notified of new replies

To New perspective from the Brits...fun read!

Old 01-26-2013, 03:21 AM
mustang1999
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The British version of Top Gear is the best car show on television. The British humor is what makes the show, and the reviews and challenges are always great.
I tried watching that show but it seems to be geared to 10 year olds with its simplistic humor. I guess the type of people who are entertained by all those fully scripted shows pretending to be reality shows can find top gear entertaining.

Last edited by mustang1999; 01-26-2013 at 03:24 AM.
Old 01-26-2013, 05:46 AM
o2bnkc
Melting Slicks

Received 290 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by mophead
And the Brits give us what, Landrover??
With a GM designed engine that we gave them.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:02 AM
~Stingray
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 264 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17, '19

Originally Posted by Racer
Wow, Top Gear actually really liked it.
I know right. We should mark this on the calendar.

Quick Reply: New perspective from the Brits...fun read!