C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What The Said About The C6 Pricing At Launch And The C6 Rear End!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 10:31 AM
ArcticC7
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default What They Said About The C6 Pricing At Launch And The C6 Rear End!!

Enjoy!

Last edited by ArcticC7; 03-24-2013 at 10:43 AM.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:41 AM
Blackdevil77
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

That's funny stuff. The base C6 I feel got progressively better performance throughout it's life cycle. 13.2 @ 112mph? I guess that was fast for a corvette of it's time.

"They finally got the rear end right!" I'm not hearing much of that with the C7... Even though I like rear end.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:41 AM
ArcticC7
Drifting

Exactly! So what are the odds that GM will lower the price on the new C7 like they did with C6?
Old 03-24-2013, 10:49 AM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackdevil77
That's funny stuff. The base C6 I feel got progressively better performance throughout it's life cycle. 13.2 @ 112mph? I guess that was fast for a corvette of it's time.

"They finally got the rear end right!" I'm not hearing much of that with the C7... Even though I like rear end.
I doubt you heard anyone else say that back then either. It is interesting to hear MotorWeek's take on my old '05.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:15 AM
ArcticC7
Drifting

The C6 is leaner and more muscular...Boy we have been hearing that a lot lately as well... What goes around comes around
Old 03-24-2013, 11:36 AM
Richie Fazio
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueOx
I doubt you heard anyone else say that back then either. It is interesting to hear MotorWeek's take on my old '05.
It's because they did get the C6 rear right.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:39 AM
Blackdevil77
Drifting

Originally Posted by Richie Fazio
I have no complaints with either rear. They are both different, but I like them both. So I guess "right" is in the eye of the beholder.

There really is so much hatred for the rear that it's disheartening. Not just on here, but every person I know, except for one, hates it.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:43 AM
BlueOx
Race Director

As the owner of a C6, I like the rear end of it but I also really like the rear end of the C7, so both are "right" to me. It would seem that one guy at MotorWeek was only referring to the idea that the C6's rear end was "right" vs the C5's.

Last edited by BlueOx; 03-24-2013 at 11:48 AM.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:49 AM
Richie Fazio
Pro

I have no complaints with either rear. They are both different, but I like them both. So I guess "right" is in the eye of the beholder.

There really is so much hatred for the rear that it's disheartening. Not just on here, but every person I know, except for one, hates it.
That's what I mean. I love the C6 and really don't like the C7 rear (otherwise I think the car is cool - but for me the rear design is a big deal on a vette). But basically I don't really recall people hating the C6 rear an like you I haven't found anyone who I know who likes the C7 rear (corvette ppl, car ppl, non car ppl). It's def a pretty big issue that so many people aren't liking it.

Oh and 1 more thing guys. I'm going to see the C7 next week at the NYC auto show and I'll make sure I do an honest write up of how I feel about the car when I see it.

Last edited by Richie Fazio; 03-24-2013 at 11:56 AM.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:20 PM
Michael A
Le Mans Master

Received 2,919 Likes on 1,361 Posts

How many of these people have actually seen the car in person? When the car was a Peterson Museum on the West Coast, I didn't hear one person complain about the back end. Not even one. I think this is so overblown on this forum, it is ridiculous.

Does it really matter anyway? I don't care for the Le Ferrari back end, but, if I had the money, it sure wouldn't stop me from buying the car. I think back ends are the hardest part of the car to design. I understand that the designers can't keep churning out a rehash of the same design year after year. They have to come up with fresh ideas. That's what makes Ferrari an exciting car company. Now Corvette is exciting again.

Michael
Old 03-24-2013, 12:25 PM
Blackdevil77
Drifting

Originally Posted by Michael A
How many of these people have actually seen the car in person? When the car was a Peterson Museum on the West Coast, I didn't hear one person complain about the back end. Not even one. I think this is so overblown on this forum, it is ridiculous.

Does it really matter anyway? I don't care for the Le Ferrari back end, but, if I had the money, it sure wouldn't stop me from buying the car. I think back ends are the hardest part of the car to design. I understand that the designers can't keep churning out a rehash of the same design year after year. They have to come up with fresh ideas. That's what makes Ferrari an exciting car company. Now Corvette is exciting again.

Michael
None have seen it in person YET, so opinions are subject to change, of course. A whole bunch of the corvette rear end haters I know will be going to the New York Auto Show Saturday with me to see it in person. Stay tuned...
Old 03-24-2013, 12:31 PM
ArcticC7
Drifting

None have seen it in person YET, so opinions are subject to change, of course. A whole bunch of the corvette rear end haters I know will be going to the New York Auto Show Saturday with me to see it in person. Stay tuned...
I have seen it in person and I really wanted to like it but I don't. Its not that its ugly it just doesn't match the rest of the car and is very very busy looking to many designs and shapes going on in such a small area. Corvette has never been about flashy over design and C7 has crossed that line way to far almost in every aspect of the car even the interior.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:33 PM
Michael A
Le Mans Master

Received 2,919 Likes on 1,361 Posts

After these "rear end haters" see the car in person, ask how many of them would buy the car anyway.

I knew the car would look good, but when I saw it in person, it was "WOW!".

Michael
Old 03-24-2013, 12:42 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Now why should I stay tuned? Why would I care what a bunch of Corvette rear end haters have to say, either way? I buy cars I like, not cars other people like.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:52 PM
Blackdevil77
Drifting

Now why should I stay tuned? Why would I care what a bunch of Corvette rear end haters have to say, either way? I buy cars I like, not cars other people like.
Because I'll be putting in my 2 cents also and I happen to love the pictures and the car as a whole. Plus, what else are we gonna read/talk about until the specs come out

For what it's worth, my dear mother actually thinks it's very nice looking and loves it herself. She's not a car person and always tells me "it's nice, but what a waste of money!"
Old 03-24-2013, 12:52 PM
gthal
Safety Car

Received 1,170 Likes on 486 Posts

Old 03-24-2013, 01:26 PM
Blackdevil77
Drifting

Read above gthal

I'm not a Corvette hater, as I've said before. I love the car. I actually think this and the C3 are the nicest looking Vettes EVER. I'm just tired of fighting with everybody who tells me it's bad looking and telling me I shouldn't get it, and then hearing some telling me to get it because they want to be able to make fun of "my 50 thousand dollar car." I don't want to deal with that. THAT is why it's bothersome to me so many people dislike it. Too many people over here (where I live) are too outspoken with their opinions and I don't want to have "shut them up" if you know what I mean....

Last edited by Blackdevil77; 03-24-2013 at 01:36 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To What The Said About The C6 Pricing At Launch And The C6 Rear End!!

Old 03-24-2013, 01:30 PM
JustinStrife
Team Owner

Received 96 Likes on 66 Posts

Sure whatever you say...
Old 03-24-2013, 01:45 PM
Richie Fazio
Pro

Originally Posted by JustinStrife
Sure whatever you say...
I happen to think the C6 rear is nice and compliments the rest of the car very well. I'd bet many many others would share my view. Last I checked there were no threads in the C6 section saying how the rear end sucks, looks like a Camaro, doesn't fit rest of the car, etc etc etc. I also don't ever recall Chevy designers having to create C6 rear end videos for the customers defending their rear end design either.

Last edited by Richie Fazio; 03-24-2013 at 02:04 PM.
Old 03-24-2013, 02:05 PM
ArcticC7
Drifting

I happen to think the C6 rear is nice and compliments the rest of the car very well. I'd bet many many others would share my view. Last I checked there were no threads in the C6 section saying how the rear end sucks, looks like a Camaro, doesn't fit rest of the car, etc etc etc. I also don't ever recall Chevy designers having to create C6 rear end videos for the customers defending their rear end design either.
BINGO! We Have a Winner!

Quick Reply: What The Said About The C6 Pricing At Launch And The C6 Rear End!!