Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 & c7

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 04:44 PM
1985 Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 387 Likes on 236 Posts

I'm an oddball when it comes to beauty in this car. I enjoy classic Corvette designs such as the split window....but a part of me says "If only that car had the go to match the show." I always hear how beautiful they are but I never hear someone refer to the speed of the car first, always the looks. Now fast for it's time, yes by all means I take that into consideration.

I've seen a couple of threads of "Why can't I break the rear tires loose" in the C2 section, big blocks excluded from that plight. I prefer the Vettes that are better combination of show and go. 1990 ZR-1s are still quick by today's standards with a load of potential on tap from simple porting intake and heads. That's probably why I enjoy C4-C7 more than chrome bumpers.
Old 05-08-2013, 04:56 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 1985 Corvette
I'm an oddball when it comes to beauty in this car. I enjoy classic Corvette designs such as the split window....but a part of me says "If only that car had the go to match the show." I always hear how beautiful they are but I never hear someone refer to the speed of the car first, always the looks. Now fast for it's time, yes by all means I take that into consideration.

I've seen a couple of threads of "Why can't I break the rear tires loose" in the C2 section, big blocks excluded from that plight. I prefer the Vettes that are better combination of show and go. 1990 ZR-1s are still quick by today's standards with a load of potential on tap from simple porting intake and heads. That's probably why I enjoy C4-C7 more than chrome bumpers.

But chrome bumpers add 4 to 7 rear wheel horse power . . . . .
Old 05-08-2013, 05:03 PM
Drumhawk
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by C7 4 Me

There are many people here who are owners of the outgoing "hotness" (i.e. C6 owners) who dropped significant coin on and have developed a lot of affection for their car, and so their is some bizarre defensiveness. The incoming new-hotness, in their mind, is an attack or hostility toward their C6. And, thus, you get a lot of sour-grapes posters attacking the C7 at every turn.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:48 PM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

Received 172 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Dan 427
For what it's worth the home that I have lived in for the last 12 years I disliked the first time we saw it. Maybe it was the previous owners décor, maybe it was that the 2.5 acres was mostly wooded, maybe it was even that it didn't have granite countertops. My point is my fiancé liked it and convinced me to go back, we talked about what we could change and what we could live with and blah blah blah we bought it.

I look at the C7 the same way, it has grown on me to some degree but I am still not sold on it. Will I ever love everything about it, no not in it's current state but I definitely believe I can learn to live with it.
This Dang car! I see some pics and think it is awful and other days I think of how I would order one...im perplexed!

Im still eyeing C6 ZR1 / Z06s or keep the GS and buy the 14 Z-28 as a track toy....in White of course.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:56 PM
Big Dan 427
Safety Car

Sam Coughlin has some killer deals in the dealer inventory section. as for the 7 it is growing on me, I guess more up close views and seeing them on the road will be the tell tale. Also curious to see the QC!
Old 05-08-2013, 06:14 PM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Big Dan 427
Sam Coughlin has some killer deals in the dealer inventory section. as for the 7 it is growing on me, I guess more up close views and seeing them on the road will be the tell tale. Also curious to see the QC!
Yeah was checking them out earlier, some nice Whites and the IO is awesome.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:05 PM
Big Dan 427
Safety Car

Originally Posted by sam90lx
Yeah was checking them out earlier, some nice Whites and the IO is awesome.
The IO is 20k off, they're all killer deals. That is a boatload of car for just over 100k.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:15 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

And before you say....If you dont like it, why are you here? I think many that have things they dont like on the C7 are still possible buyers. I for one am really interested in it even if there are some things I dont like about it....does'nt mean I not interested to follow the discussions on it. Some of you guys have to realize this car just like everyone ever made is not perfect and well liked by all.
Now you resort to answering your own posts. I'll bet you have some engaging conversations with yourself.

Truth is Sam , the majority of us have no problem with the back end of the C7. It is a long overdue change and a step in a new direction. Its not tough if we like it, it is tough crap if you DON'T like it.

Gotta give ya credit Sam, you never give up. Several months and likely over a thousand posts about how you don't like the C7.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:25 PM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by drmustang
Now you resort to answering your own posts. I'll bet you have some engaging conversations with yourself.

Truth is Sam , the majority of us have no problem with the back end of the C7. It is a long overdue change and a step in a new direction. Its not tough if we like it, it is tough crap if you DON'T like it.

Gotta give ya credit Sam, you never give up. Several months and likely over a thousand posts about how you don't like the C7.
Problem is some people are not fond of it and I personally will continue to voice my displeasure for the rear and anything else I choose too!

Best you put me on the Ignore List!
Old 05-08-2013, 07:37 PM
ATC399
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 768 Likes on 395 Posts

Problem is some people are not fond of it and I personally will continue to voice my displeasure for the rear and anything else I choose too!

:rof l:....its a open forum...go for it...Me I think GM nailed the design and cant wait until they iron the bugs out of the Z06 version....
Old 05-08-2013, 07:37 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Slammin Sammy IS going to get a C7!! He just can't publicly back off of the 'backhate' he has already expressed. It's just a PR deal, ya know.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:40 PM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by troller399
:rof l:....its a open forum...go for it...Me I think GM nailed the design and cant wait until they iron the bugs out of the Z06 version....
With the reworked rear right? I cant wait either, should be sweet!
Old 05-08-2013, 07:42 PM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by BlueOx
Slammin Sammy IS going to get a C7!! He just can't publicly back off of the 'backhate' he has already expressed. It's just a PR deal, ya know.
Im torn...in the mean time I will have fun!
Old 05-08-2013, 07:43 PM
ATC399
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 768 Likes on 395 Posts

:rof l:
Old 05-08-2013, 07:47 PM
LSnights09
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

While everyone is focusing on looks, I am more focused on the powerplant. Yes, the new C7 makes good power from the factory, but it also comes with AFM (Active Fuel Management.)

This is one MAJOR flaw that sets the C6 apart from the C7. I'm not sure who buys a Corvette for fuel economy, but I don't know anyone who does. Not to mention the AFM system has always been notorious for lifter failures. I wouldn't want that system in a high revving sports car. Not to mention it will sound like an egg beater when it's running in 4 cylinder mode.

Not knocking the C7 too hard, but if I bought one, the first thing I'd do is put a real valve train set up in it, with headers, a good tune, and see just as good, if not better fuel mileage than stock.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:53 PM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by LSnights09
While everyone is focusing on looks, I am more focused on the powerplant. Yes, the new C7 makes good power from the factory, but it also comes with AFM (Active Fuel Management.)

This is one MAJOR flaw that sets the C6 apart from the C7. I'm not sure who buys a Corvette for fuel economy, but I don't know anyone who does. Not to mention the AFM system has always been notorious for lifter failures. I wouldn't want that system in a high revving sports car. Not to mention it will sound like an egg beater when it's running in 4 cylinder mode.

Not knocking the C7 too hard, but if I bought one, the first thing I'd do is put a real valve train set up in it, with headers, a good tune, and see just as good, if not better fuel mileage than stock.
Well said, gimme 500+ HP and 3250 lbs. and I can live with the looks!
Old 05-08-2013, 08:17 PM
1985 Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 387 Likes on 236 Posts

Im torn...in the mean time I will have fun!
Uh oh, that's how it starts, my friend! Looking forward to your intro thread in this section with the accompanying pics of a new C7 in your garage.

Get notified of new replies

To C6 & c7

Old 05-09-2013, 07:56 AM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

Reworked rear in your dreams Sam.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:59 AM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by drmustang
Reworked rear in your dreams Sam.
I see you cant put me on ignore! Should be a fun!
Old 05-09-2013, 10:23 AM
Hemi Dave
Melting Slicks

Received 459 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by LSnights09

AFM is only active when you are in eco mode......So if you don't drive in eco mode it's off

This was revealed at the BASH...........

Quick Reply: C6 & c7