Sponsored by:

Corvette Stingray Constraint and Production Update

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 04:28 PM
BRCC
Melting Slicks

Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by AVETTE
Those who think that "within 6 months" big discounts are coming are seriously mistaken... Watch and learn... perhaps in a year or two those looking to save a few bucks will find a deal, NOT in 2013 and probably not for at least through summer of 2014..., in the meantime, I will enjoy my new Stingray from MacMulkin

All of my dealers allocations over the next 6 months are sold orders to customers, then of course the dealers will want a few for their lots. Also considering the time frames quoted there will be at least 1 if not 2 price increases, so for those hoping to get a discount by summer of 14 they might pick up the car for todays MSRP.
Old 05-27-2013, 04:35 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
No, you did not misunderstand. All of the approximately 900 dealers that qualified for the C7 initial 6-9 months will get at least 1 coupe in this first consensus cycle. If they don't know they got one, they are not paying attention - and may have missed their opportunity.
Since we have those who have stated they made the first cut, if you went to two dealers (tbasco) and both had nothing received, I'd have to agree with zy above. Maybe all three of their submittals were with equipment on constraint, or something was wrong with their filling out the order. Or maybe they will still receive notice this week sometime. Maybe.
Old 05-27-2013, 05:00 PM
AVETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 689 Likes on 275 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default Read more closely

Originally Posted by JoesC5
Have you read today's posting from Wes at Reliable Chevrolet? $1,000 off MSRP on his convertible allocations.

Not even in production and you can buy one(when they are in production) for a $1,000 discount. Kind off blows your assumption out the windows.

PS- The first 6-9 month allocations of the C7 are not sold out at the 900 Chevrolet dealers that are receiving them. Plenty of them will be sitting unsold shortly and discounts will be the norm before the 2015's go into production next July.
I didn't say you couldn't get 1k off MSRP, I said those who believe they will get "big discounts" are in for a surprise, also a single dealer does not an overall market picture make, just ask those on the west coast about that, anyway, time will tell, the more I learn about the demand and product roll out, the more I see major market adjustments, not the few forum dealers dealing with knowledgeable corvette people,

Will see who's right soon enough In the meantime, I will enjoy my Stingray from MacMulkin, no market adjustment, no dealer fees or BS, just a great car, made the first allocation cut, very excited...

BTW, Tommy at MacMulkin was suprised that he got ONLY 13 CARS as the number 2 corvette dealer in the country (1 this year) on the first consensus, go ahead and believe what you want :rof l:
Old 05-27-2013, 05:39 PM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

Received 172 Likes on 138 Posts

This car sounds very rare and unattainable.
Old 05-27-2013, 07:11 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

I didn't say you couldn't get 1k off MSRP, I said those who believe they will get "big discounts" are in for a surprise, also a single dealer does not an overall market picture make, just ask those on the west coast about that, anyway, time will tell, the more I learn about the demand and product roll out, the more I see major market adjustments, not the few forum dealers dealing with knowledgeable corvette people,

Will see who's right soon enough In the meantime, I will enjoy my Stingray from MacMulkin, no market adjustment, no dealer fees or BS, just a great car, made the first allocation cut, very excited...

BTW, Tommy at MacMulkin was suprised that he got ONLY 13 CARS as the number 2 corvette dealer in the country (1 this year) on the first consensus, go ahead and believe what you want :rof l:
Did you ask Tommy Jr for a discount off MSRP? Another forum member said that he was offered $500 off MSRP at MacMulkin. The laugh might just be on you.

The 13 cars....was this for the first week? I bet so. I bet he will be getting a truck load each and every week for the next 6-9 months. You sound like that's all(13 cars) he is getting for the entire 6-9 months. Ain't so.......He will be getting a **** load of C7's during the first 6-9 months of production.. No shortage there.

Last edited by JoesC5; 05-27-2013 at 07:15 PM.
Old 05-27-2013, 07:28 PM
BPhillyc8
Burning Brakes

Received 117 Likes on 33 Posts

Did you ask Tommy Jr for a discount off MSRP? Another forum member said that he was offered $500 off MSRP at MacMulkin. The laugh might just be on you.

The 13 cars....was this for the first week? I bet so. I bet he will be getting a truck load each and every week for the next 6-9 months. You sound like that's all(13 cars) he is getting for the entire 6-9 months. Ain't so.......He will be getting a **** load of C7's during the first 6-9 months of production.. No shortage there.
With all due respect, I dont think any of us that are paying MSRP or a little under really care about 500 bucks. I would rather have the car now and enjoy it.
Old 05-27-2013, 07:38 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Originally Posted by BPhillyc7
With all due respect, I dont think any of us that are paying MSRP or a little under really care about 500 bucks. I would rather have the car now and enjoy it.
I agree, but do you think it is fair to someone that is new to this forum to only read posts that say the C7 will be so rare that it will be several years before they will be discounted.

The truth is that the C7 is being discounted, and even though some might not want to avail themselves of the chance to purchase a C7 at a discount, that doesn't negate the fact that you can buy a C7 for less than MSRP and that the chances are that the discounts will be even greater in the next 6-9 months when the initial buying binge is over and the dealers are wanting to sell the C7's that they have coming in from Bowling Green every week.
Old 05-27-2013, 07:46 PM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by BPhillyc7
Baller!
Old 05-27-2013, 08:05 PM
papillion
Safety Car

Received 2,373 Likes on 1,164 Posts

Default pay me now

Originally Posted by sam90lx
Baller!
When we ordered our 06 convertible in July 05, all dealers in our general vicinity were adamant about adding a 'market adjustment' to MSRP. Some pretty good size Phoenix dealers were the most aggressive. One quoted $10K, all were $5K. This with an entire production year 2005 on the road. While we may face some new model blues, that is what the warranty is for. So we will be an early adopter this time out. Good news for us, we want a convertible and our cold weather dealer with a big allocation is loaded up with coupe orders.
Old 05-27-2013, 08:13 PM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

Those were good years for the economy and credit. Over charging and over paying, no one really cared!
Old 05-27-2013, 08:21 PM
C6Ray
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by talon90
Exactly correct. Since the final total for the first consensus cycle is an unknown, GM is only committing to the expectation that each of the allocated dealers will get a car (coupe only). Anything over and above that will be divided starting with the highest grossing dealer on a percentage or ratio basis.
The 900 number For dealerships is one car for the showroom.
does a for custom to sit in the car and possibly get a test drive and those Car are going to be given to the dealer by GM as demos?
Old 05-27-2013, 10:00 PM
AVETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 689 Likes on 275 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Yes, you are right, Macmulkin will get a total of 250 coupes and verts combined over 9 months and they are 2nd in the country... Good luck on your search for massive discounts
Old 05-27-2013, 10:14 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Yes, you are right, Macmulkin will get a total of 250 coupes and verts combined over 9 months and they are 2nd in the country... Good luck on your search for massive discounts
No way either of us can predict the future, so I guess we'll have to revisit this thread next spring and see what's happening with supply and demand of the C7. I have my opinion and you have your opinion. Both opinions are based on our individual experiences. In 1997 people were also saying you couldn't get a discount on a new C5 and plenty were paying over MSRP because they were led to believe that was the only way to get a C5. Well, I got a $1,000 discount off MSRP in 1997 on my new C5 that I special ordered through a dealer in Tulsa. Just by picking up the phone, I found most of the dealers, but not all, would give me a discount once they learned I wasn't playing their games with their market adjustments. If I talked with a dealer who was trying to screw around with me, I said thanks, but no thanks, hung up, and called another dealer. No shortage of dealers out there.
Old 05-28-2013, 05:57 PM
tbasco 6
Pro

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by tbasco 6
I have talked to two dealers, each listed on the Chevrolet site as C7 dealers, and each telling me they are getting 3 coupes. As of 5/25 neither one had received an allocation. Did I misunderstand that all 900 dealers would get at least 1 coupe in the first allocation?
Are there any dealers reading this that can give me their oppinion on what the facts are?
Old 05-28-2013, 06:31 PM
ZL-1
Safety Car

Received 184 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by tbasco 6
I have talked to two dealers, each listed on the Chevrolet site as C7 dealers, and each telling me they are getting 3 coupes. As of 5/25 neither one had received an allocation. Did I misunderstand that all 900 dealers would get at least 1 coupe in the first allocation?
If a dealer sold 4 new corvettes in 2012 he's entitled to get a C7 allocation. BUT he must then pledge to buy the essential.tools, send technicians for training, AND send someone to C7 performance driving school..

This will cost thousands of dollars. Its possible that some small.dealers will decline the expense even though they may have sold 4 vettes last year...
Old 08-11-2013, 05:36 PM
pgway
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, if you wanted a discounted vet - buy a C6! I myself just could not go for the C6 at 17.5% discount after waiting for GM to finally release the C7!

Quick Reply: Corvette Stingray Constraint and Production Update