Sponsored by:

Corvette Engineers are a Joke

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 11:34 AM
OHV4LIFE
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corvette Engineers are a Joke

Corvette engineers really are stupid. They must not have realized that the average IQ of a Corvette owner is 50. They obviously wasted too much time and resources on things like body structure, steering, chassis tuning, suspension, interior quality, weight distribution, seats, and electronic gizmos when EVERYONE knows that the true merit of a car can only be measured ONLY by hp. If all that matters in a sports car is the horsepower, why did they waste hundreds of millions (if not billions) of dollars on the development of features that have nothing to do with what merits a sports car and that's horsepower? Who the freak cares how fast it can lap the Nurburgring, Laguna Seca, or VIR? All sports cars are suppose to do is drag race. If they really wanted to advance the Corvette, they should have taken the body of a C3 or C4, thrown in a small block V8 with twin turbochargers and gotten 1000 hp out of it. If they had done that, most Corvette fans would not have p_ssed on the C7 in hundreds of threads. It's Corvette Engineers fault for being so stupid.

Last edited by OHV4LIFE; 05-26-2013 at 11:42 AM.
Old 05-26-2013, 11:40 AM
rx4life
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pardon my English but I believe you are the one who is stupid. We all heard from the beginning that the C7 would have at least 450 hp. That is what they delivered and that is where GM will get the most bang for their buck. Go ahead and sit on the sidelines grousing about what could have been while GM sells out the C7. Your not participating will provide an opportunity for another person to order a C7.
Old 05-26-2013, 11:41 AM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

hmmm.....should I close this one now before it goes really bad or.....
Old 05-26-2013, 11:43 AM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RLEWINTER
Pardon my English but I believe you are the one who is stupid. We all heard from the beginning that the C7 would have at least 450 hp. That is what they delivered and that is where GM will get the most bang for their buck. Go ahead and sit on the sidelines grousing about what could have been while GM sells out the C7. Your not participating will provide an opportunity for another person to order a C7.
I think Tullius was making a joke...
Old 05-26-2013, 11:46 AM
Sin City
Le Mans Master

Received 4,116 Likes on 1,470 Posts
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Originally Posted by BlueOx
A pretty good one BTW.

Satire is as subtle as the taste of tofu and usually understood and appreciated just as much.

Last edited by Sin City; 05-26-2013 at 11:51 AM.
Old 05-26-2013, 11:49 AM
RussM05
Melting Slicks

Received 1,014 Likes on 365 Posts

Have you heard of tongue in cheek humor?

A good one! A breath of fresh air in this otherwise depressing forum. He makes a great point (in an odd joking way...) that I personally agree with.

Last edited by RussM05; 05-26-2013 at 12:02 PM.
Old 05-26-2013, 11:50 AM
NSC5
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,100 Likes on 742 Posts

I appreciate his sarcasm and agree. Unfortunately focusing upon one simple statistic goes far beyond just the "Corvette issue" and is symptomatic of people looking for simple descriptions and answers to complex situations and issues.

On a lighter note, here is a good resource to a long list of "non-sports car" Corvettes since all apparently are light on horsepower and those zero to 60 times are really embarrassing

Seriously it is sort of fun to take a stroll down memory lane of Corvette brochures of the past and keep in mind that HP rating methods changed so the earlier HP ratings would be far less in the more realistic modern era:

http://www.oldcarbrochures.com/stati.../dirindex.html
Old 05-26-2013, 11:52 AM
Africa_Nick
Intermediate

Enough already!!!

The numbers are:

465 HP
448-450 TQ

This was covered in the SAE graph publication earlier this month. End of discussion.

Thanks.
Old 05-26-2013, 11:56 AM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

A little smiley face icon at the end of the OP's post would have assured his rant is tongue in cheek humor - which I am taking for granted it is.

I do feel good that my IQ is above 50, so I'm above average
Old 05-26-2013, 11:56 AM
OHV4LIFE
Racer

Originally Posted by BlueOx
I thought I made it obvious

Old 05-26-2013, 12:16 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Tullius
I thought I made it obvious

Me too.
Old 05-26-2013, 12:23 PM
DanTheFireman
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Woohoo! I get the true gist of the post which means that my 52 IO puts me above average.
Old 05-26-2013, 12:29 PM
RC000E
Le Mans Master

Received 346 Likes on 208 Posts

It really wasnt obvious...lol...several people WILL post some sh*t on here saying that basic message. Many here dont care about true performance it seems...they care about hp number they can tell their friends at the local sunday doo wop meet, where everyone who builds their old musclecar says it has 500hp, or 600hp, yet doesnt have the first dyno sheet to prove it.
Old 05-26-2013, 12:36 PM
Gmumd48
Racer

Default Yes but I think you're being to Kind

If they saved went to a solid real axle, they might compete with the Mustang, a Rear engine and they could out-do the 911

Corvette engineers really are stupid. They must not have realized that the average IQ of a Corvette owner is 50. They obviously wasted too much time and resources on things like body structure, steering, chassis tuning, suspension, interior quality, weight distribution, seats, and electronic gizmos when EVERYONE knows that the true merit of a car can only be measured ONLY by hp. If all that matters in a sports car is the horsepower, why did they waste hundreds of millions (if not billions) of dollars on the development of features that have nothing to do with what merits a sports car and that's horsepower? Who the freak cares how fast it can lap the Nurburgring, Laguna Seca, or VIR? All sports cars are suppose to do is drag race. If they really wanted to advance the Corvette, they should have taken the body of a C3 or C4, thrown in a small block V8 with twin turbochargers and gotten 1000 hp out of it. If they had done that, most Corvette fans would not have p_ssed on the C7 in hundreds of threads. It's Corvette Engineers fault for being so stupid.
Old 05-26-2013, 01:13 PM
tuxnharley
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,939 Likes on 1,185 Posts

I assume you own a Corvette?
Old 05-26-2013, 01:14 PM
96ss#80
Instructor

Originally Posted by RLEWINTER
I think he is being sarcastic! I understand his frustration… There are a lot of people who are bashing what seems to be a really good effort by GM. Time will tell? I have a few things I hope they add like DCT! But I am holding my judgment until we see how well it compares to the competition. I don't hear much about it but you guys have to know… The new GTR, 991 Turbo, GT3 an not to mention SRT isn't going to stop tweaking the new viper! So we soon will see but there are an abundance of people bashing when we don't even know how well it will perform. I guess a lot of people think more HP is the only way to make a car faster? What Im getting is it's not only going to be a lot faster but also easier to drive fast!
Old 05-26-2013, 01:41 PM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 439 Likes on 196 Posts

I love satire. I really like the people who do not know it is satire reply to it. Unfortunately reading every word is a lost art. Scanning and quickly responding has taken its place..

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette Engineers are a Joke

Old 05-26-2013, 01:44 PM
-CM-
Melting Slicks

Received 64 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by DanTheFireman
Woohoo! I get the true gist of the post which means that my 52 IO puts me above average.
IQ. -2 for you, which puts you back with the rest of us.
Old 05-26-2013, 01:45 PM
flange
Team Owner

Received 267 Likes on 136 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

I cant believe anyone would view that post as anything but satire.
Old 05-26-2013, 02:03 PM
CaryBob
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 344 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by flange
I cant believe anyone would view that post as anything but satire.
I viewed it as sarcasm. But my IQ is lower than the average Corvette owner...

Quick Reply: Corvette Engineers are a Joke