Sponsored by:

C7 at E3

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2013, 04:31 AM
steel_3d
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

I was there. It was part of the Gran Turismo booth. The car looks good in person (though it's a strange angle on a pedestal, hard to relate to how it might look on the road).

I was disappointed by people's reaction to it. No crowd around it at all. People would walk by, snap a pic, and move on. My friends didn't even comment on it. People were more excited about the McLaren in the Forza booth, understandably. Maybe I was, too

I was the only one really checking out the c7. I was ogling it for 10-15 minutes at a time whenever I walked by, analyzing every detail, from the headlights to the suspension components. Liked what I saw.
Old 06-15-2013, 04:38 AM
Stingray23
Le Mans Master

Received 601 Likes on 221 Posts

You gotta keep in mind that its a geek convention. 99% are there for the games and electronics.
Old 06-15-2013, 07:36 AM
~Stingray
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 264 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17, '19

Originally Posted by Stingray23
You gotta keep in mind that its a geek convention. 99% are there for the games and electronics.
You beat me too it.

Although GM is trying to reach a younger crowd, these guys would be more influenced by how the the car plays in the game then the actual car. If they do well in the game, they can brag they have their winning car for real.
Old 06-15-2013, 08:40 AM
Supermassive
Melting Slicks

Received 793 Likes on 307 Posts

Showcasing a car at E3 is kind of a weird venue especially since, like people have already said, the big draw is the games. Most gamers and tech insiders are pretty out of the loop as far as cars are concerned.

As for anyone in a C6 pulling up on me in a C7...I hardly notice them now as it is...what makes you think I would notice you when I'm sitting in a superior car?
Old 06-16-2013, 06:30 AM
jr3
Safety Car

Received 60 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Stingray23
Sad but true ...

If the car was surrounded by a dozen naked cheerleaders they would probly still be interested in the games.
Old 06-16-2013, 07:13 AM
Sp00ky
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Supermassive
Showcasing a car at E3 is kind of a weird venue especially since, like people have already said, the big draw is the games. Most gamers and tech insiders are pretty out of the loop as far as cars are concerned.

As for anyone in a C6 pulling up on me in a C7...I hardly notice them now as it is...what makes you think I would notice you when I'm sitting in a superior car?
Wrong. Gran Turismo and Forza Motorsports are huge racing game franchises. Its a smart move on GM's part to display a c7. I would bet over 75% of the people that play those games are into cars as much as you and me. And as far as there being a lack of a crowd. #1 It is a electronics convention afterall #2 the c7 has been released now for a few months. Most people know what it looks like already.
Old 06-16-2013, 08:07 AM
dr4carz
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Im thinking Cyber grey Z51 with red 3Lt interior, chrome wheels and red calipers.
Old 06-16-2013, 08:23 AM
~Stingray
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 264 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17, '19

Originally Posted by jr3
Sad but true ...

If the car was surrounded by a dozen naked cheerleaders they would probly still be interested in the games.
Oh C'mon, gives us a little credit.

Old 06-16-2013, 08:37 AM
Snake.Oiler
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 83 Likes on 62 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13,'14,'15,'16,'18,'19-'20,'22,'24

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
About E3

E3 is the world's premier trade show for computer and video games and related products. The show is owned by the Entertainment Software Association (ESA), the U.S. association dedicated to serving the business and public affairs needs of the companies, publishing interactive games for video game consoles, handheld devices, personal computers, and the Internet. For more information, please visit www.E3Expo.com or www.TheESA.com.

E3 2013
E3 takes place June 11-13, 2013, at the Los Angeles Convention Center.

E3 draws tens of thousands of professionals to experience the future of interactive entertainment. The most influential people leading the most innovative companies in the industry attend E3 to see groundbreaking new technologies and never-before-seen products for computers, video game consoles, handheld systems, mobile and social, and the Internet.

DATEHOURS
Tuesday, June 11, 201312:00PM - 6:00PM
Wednesday, June 12, 201310:00AM - 6:00PM
Thursday, June 13, 201310:00AM - 5:00PM

Who Attends
In 2013, leading computer and video game companies, business partners, media and industry analysts from over 100 countries will converge on the Los Angeles Convention Center.
E3 2013 will welcome software developers, buyers and retailers, programmers, distributors, entertainment industry representatives, financiers and venture capitalists, importers and exporters, manufacturers, resellers, researchers, educators, financial and industry analysts and worldwide electronic and print media.

Ownership and Operation
E3 is owned and operated by the ESA, which is dedicated to serving the needs of the companies publishing interactive games for video game consoles, handheld devices, personal computers, and the Internet. The ESA offers services to interactive entertainment software publishers including a global anti-piracy program, business and consumer research, government relations and First Amendment and intellectual property protection efforts.
And since it's not mentioned here, E3 stands for Electronic Entertainment Expo.
Old 06-16-2013, 07:26 PM
Sin City
Le Mans Master

Received 4,116 Likes on 1,470 Posts
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Interesting. I didn't go this year because I was at another show in London. I wish I had known!

For sure, many C7's will be at SEMA in Oct. I'm going to that.

Quick Reply: C7 at E3