C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Beautiful new car and old men with belly fat...LOL

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2013, 05:58 PM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Location: Should this thoughtful, valuable contribution meet with no acknowledgement or 'thanks' this post----
Received 399 Likes on 257 Posts

Default Beautiful new car and old men with belly fat...LOL

Anyone else notice in most of the new pics going around you see this remarkable new Corvette, and a bunch of out of shape old guys spoiling the photos?
Old 06-30-2013, 06:06 PM
c5vette73
Burning Brakes

Received 166 Likes on 90 Posts

Yes I have noticed. It's all good.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:13 PM
MikeyTX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,186 Likes on 1,337 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15- '16-'17-‘18-‘19-'20-'21
NCM Lifetime Member

Hey ............... That took a lot of beer and pizza in college to achieve that look ......................
Old 06-30-2013, 06:18 PM
Richie Fazio
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Yep and I find it hilarious considering Chevy wants to target new customer base. Regardless of whether or not young men can afford this car, Chevy needs to market it with young good looking in shape guys driving them. No more bald out of shape beer belly guys in these pics haha. And even more so, is it so much to ask for put put some hot model girls along side this car as well? Even the women in these pics are old ladies wearing fanny packs. I mean c'mon now haha
Old 06-30-2013, 06:23 PM
Bill B 1
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by $$$frumnuttin'
Anyone else notice in most of the new pics going around you see this remarkable new Corvette, and a bunch of out of shape old guys spoiling the photos?
HEY NOW!! I happen to be an old fat outa shape guy and it took me a lot of years to get that look!
Old 06-30-2013, 06:25 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,250 Likes on 706 Posts

Originally Posted by Richie Fazio
Yep and I find it hilarious considering Chevy wants to target new customer base. Regardless of whether or not young men can afford this car, Chevy needs to market it with young good looking in shape guys driving them. No more bald out of shape beer belly guys in these pics haha. And even more so, is it so much to ask for put put some hot model girls along side this car as well? Even the women in these pics are old ladies wearing fanny packs. I mean c'mon now haha
Maybe that new premiere edition should have come with a Bowflex instead of luggage....
Old 06-30-2013, 06:37 PM
jr3
Safety Car

Received 60 Likes on 39 Posts

And they get a new "Suitcase Edition" made just for them to go with the fanny packs.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:43 PM
Richie Fazio
Pro

Hahahahaha I mean not trying to be dis respectful here. I totally understand that a majority of corvette enthusiasts are older men. These are the guys who have kept corvette going throughout the ages. But at least from a marketing perspective for the new car can't we put some young guys and hot girls next to it? Hahaha
Old 06-30-2013, 06:43 PM
Big Dan 427
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HA, all the beer commercials have in shape good looking people in them, but in real life when you "belly" up to the bar who is really supporting those beer companies? Stay tuned to what demographic supports the C7.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:51 PM
Richie Fazio
Pro

Originally Posted by Big Dan 427
HA, all the beer commercials have in shape good looking people in them, but in real life when you "belly" up to the bar who is really supporting those beer companies? Stay tuned to what demographic supports the C7.
All young good looking people who go to colleges and universities throughout the United States not to mention the young professionals in all the major cities support those beer commercials and those companies.
I agree with you that the older crowd will support the new vette, but if that is the case that means Chevy failed with this new car in terms of finding new buyers
Old 06-30-2013, 06:53 PM
gthal
Safety Car

Received 1,170 Likes on 486 Posts

Yeah... noticed the demographic as well which is why GM needs to evolve it (not because there is anything bad about those folks in the picture cause I'm one of them ) but because the car needs a broader market to continue into the future as it has.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:58 PM
Richie Fazio
Pro

Originally Posted by gthal
Yeah... noticed the demographic as well which is why GM needs to evolve it (not because there is anything bad about those folks in the picture cause I'm one of them ) but because the car needs a broader market to continue into the future as it has.
Exactly. And totally agree that the older crowd is the backbone of corvette and I respect that. I'm in my 20s and I love corvettes, and to be honest I'm not a huge fan of the C7 as I really don't like the rear. But at least for the sake of the Corvette brand, if Chevy wants to evolve and change the look of the car to appeal to a younger crowd, then start getting the younger crowd in pics, videos etc with it.
Old 06-30-2013, 07:03 PM
Premmer
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by $$$frumnuttin'
Ya, I noticed and they probably have wallets that match their bellies.
Old 06-30-2013, 07:09 PM
tbasco 6
Pro

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Hahahahaha I mean not trying to be dis respectful here. I totally understand that a majority of corvette enthusiasts are older men. These are the guys who have kept corvette going throughout the ages. But at least from a marketing perspective for the new car can't we put some young guys and hot girls next to it? Hahaha
I'm glad you appreciate the fact quite a few of us old guys kept the vette alive even thru the lean years (the mid 70s) however I do take offense of one comment-I'm not bald.
Old 06-30-2013, 07:13 PM
BeaZt
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Do you know how successful you have to be in order to be fat and out of shape in today's economy. This gut I'm carrying around is a symbol of success!
Old 06-30-2013, 07:18 PM
bill-sj
Instructor

Received 78 Likes on 53 Posts

FWIW - I was in the drive thru at jack in the box last night in my C6 and the young guy working the cash register (about 20) asked if i had seen the new stingray. he said it was awesome inside and out.

he didn't bring up the rear lights or the g** damn A pillar. he sounded more excited than me about it (and I am excited!). does that mean he will buy one next year? probably not with his jack in the box salary.

HOWEVER, the C7 will inspire the younger generation and in time they will get one (C7/C8).

also, when they hit the dealers, there will plenty of kids drooling over them, just like i did as a kid (now 44).
Old 06-30-2013, 07:23 PM
Big Dan 427
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Exactly. And totally agree that the older crowd is the backbone of corvette and I respect that. I'm in my 20s and I love corvettes, and to be honest I'm not a huge fan of the C7 as I really don't like the rear. But at least for the sake of the Corvette brand, if Chevy wants to evolve and change the look of the car to appeal to a younger crowd, then start getting the younger crowd in pics, videos etc with it.
To me they made a big mistake suggesting they are targeting a younger crowd. I am not saying that GM is turning its back on what got them here but in the same breath you don't tread on what got you here either. They need to rethink their marketing strategy IMO, if the
C7 demographic does not reach the younger crowd it will be viewed as a flawed campaign, and missing your target is never good.

Get notified of new replies

To Beautiful new car and old men with belly fat...LOL

Old 06-30-2013, 07:23 PM
gthal
Safety Car

Originally Posted by bill-sj
FWIW - I was in the drive thru at jack in the box last night in my C6 and the young guy working the cash register (about 20) asked if i had seen the new stingray. he said it was awesome inside and out.

he didn't bring up the rear lights or the g** damn A pillar. he sounded more excited than me about it (and I am excited!). does that mean he will buy one next year? probably not with his jack in the box salary.

HOWEVER, the C7 will inspire the younger generation and in time they will get one (C7/C8).

also, when they hit the dealers, there will plenty of kids drooling over them, just like i did as a kid (now 44).
Old 06-30-2013, 07:24 PM
F4Topgun
Instructor

Received 44 Likes on 20 Posts

I think it is a great idea to market the new vette with good looking young babes. I'll take mine with a blond. Blond will come closer to matching my grey hair.
Old 06-30-2013, 07:26 PM
gthal
Safety Car

Originally Posted by F4Topgun
I think it is a great idea to market the new vette with good looking young babes. I'll take mine with a blond. Blond will come closer to matching my grey hair.
I prefer dark Brunettes... they also look better next to Torch Red cars with black interiors

Quick Reply: Beautiful new car and old men with belly fat...LOL