C7's at NCM June 30th..

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2013, 07:44 PM
Jack Be Quick Racing
Pro

Location: Detroit area and Nashville area What day is it? Between MI & TN
Received 58 Likes on 38 Posts

Default C7's at NCM June 30th..

Stopped by the NCM today on the way to Nashville from Detroit - yes, I know a day late.... anyway, took some photos of the cars that were out. The Laguna blue suitcase editions were there but inaccessible.

My wifes comments in seeing many of the colors and combos in real life now (since the Detroit International Autoshow in January)

- loves the green but not sure about it on the C7.
- the silver with carbon flash options, red interior, and color brake calipers was 'pretty' but an awful lot of competing colors yelling at you for attention.
- loved the yellow - but with the carbon flash option and the black lower rear bumper cover thought it was way too busy looking.
- we both loved the black on black car but thought it could have used some color with the interior over the jet black.
- she still likes the laguna blue.

For me,

- not a fan of Kalahari interior. It's nice, rich looking, but would get old for me real fast. I can appreciate it on someone elses car but not mine if that makes sense.
- Brownstown went really well with the green cars (two of them on display)
- the green is awesome looking color. Not sure I am ready to own a green car though.
- really liked the silver with red interior, but maybe only in the lower LT2 variant (tone it down a little bit in terms of amount of visible contrast from outside the car between silver, black, and red).
- I liked the black one a lot! I really didn't think I would like it, but I ended up really, really liking it. A LOT.
- Yellow was very nice, but I couldn't do the carbon flash with it and I'd have to have the lower bumper cover painted to match - just me.
- torn now between laguna and black with yellow and silver fighting for position.

Old 06-30-2013, 08:11 PM
Cliff358
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice pics. Thanks for posting. I never get tired of looking at them. Seems like I can always find something new that I hadn't noticed before.

Old 06-30-2013, 08:34 PM
haveblue
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

OP,

Never too late for more good pictures! Thanks for your effort and opinions.

Yellow calipers look as good on the silver as the red. I wonder if they are holding blue back for the top C7, like they did last gen for the top C6.
Old 06-30-2013, 08:36 PM
1985 Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 395 Likes on 239 Posts

Nice photos. That one shot of the silver C7 from directly behind gives a really nice view of how radical the change from the previous generation. I think the C6 design did a more traditional styling upgrade from the C5 whereas the C7 has taken a more radical approach. Definitely secures a modern Vette signature look. I like it.
Old 06-30-2013, 09:53 PM
RC000E
Le Mans Master

Received 346 Likes on 208 Posts

That silver one is BADASS...
Old 06-30-2013, 10:16 PM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,477 Likes on 2,278 Posts

Love the silver one. Hot looking car, right up until the black rear valance/diffuser comes into view.

Sure hope those get painted body color come year 2.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:44 AM
VETJAZZ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 207 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by Cliff358
Nice pics. Thanks for posting. I never get tired of looking at them. Seems like I can always find something new that I hadn't noticed before.

Old 07-01-2013, 12:59 AM
shaan
Melting Slicks

Received 84 Likes on 17 Posts

Silver and Yellow are looking good, Lime rock not so much
Old 07-01-2013, 01:33 AM
Mechanic
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Pics look great. Thanks.

It never fails to amaze me how "color-dependent" the C7 design appears. I think the black car is stunning. I'd put up with all the work I know is involved to see that car every day in my garage.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:36 AM
jr3
Safety Car

Received 60 Likes on 39 Posts

Great pics, thanks 4 sharing.

The yellow looks really good on the C7.

The new model looks great with the bright vibrant colors. The exotic lines on the car go good with the bright colors.

But, the dark green color just does not seem to do the car justice.

Old 07-01-2013, 01:59 AM
Brand X
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's funny that they were roped off. I went up there on Friday, and we could sit in them.
Old 07-01-2013, 02:28 AM
Tony C7
Instructor

Awesome pics...thanks for posting them. I for one...never liked yellow, but this one looks incredible with the chrome rims. Just pops! The Silver with the black wheels is off the chain! Such beautiful cars. I can't wait to own one of these fine pieces of American machinery.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:35 AM
Jack Be Quick Racing
Pro

Location: Detroit area and Nashville area What day is it? Between MI & TN
Received 58 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Brand X
It's funny that they were roped off. I went up there on Friday, and we could sit in them.
yeah, right! I saw the posts about people putting butts in seats and thought it might be a chance to finally try it out - nope.

I'd be nice if NCM folks would put the ropes out a little further away from the cars so you could have a chance at an unobstructed view also; all of them were practically hitting the cars all the way around.

It was really, really good to see a few more colors and combos in person though.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:02 AM
StingRaycer
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think the cars with the carbon flash spoilers and mirrors really look great especially in the lighter colors- at BG the silver and vy cars had the carbon flash and they were awesome.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:05 AM
uae_83
Advanced

Love the pics, but their is something, most shows only show the manual tranny's, where are the A6's
Old 07-01-2013, 10:21 AM
TBIRD57
Race Director

Received 236 Likes on 179 Posts

Default #1 for me

the yellow coupe ="in-your-face-and-get-out-of-my-way"
Old 07-01-2013, 10:45 AM
Jinx
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 207 Posts

If you like the black, are you considering night race blue?

If you like the yellow, are you considering white?

Thanks for the pics. The green looks really good here. Fully saturated, not dialed back like night race blue. Bold but not too bright.

Get notified of new replies

To C7's at NCM June 30th..

Old 07-01-2013, 11:53 AM
Monkee
Intermediate

I was there on Sunday for a couple of hours on the way home from Kentuck Lake with family. I liked the Silver, Black and the Gray Verte the best. The calf **** brown interior didn't appeal to me, but the competition seats are great and the feel of the leather is a major upgrade. The whole design inside and out is a bit busy for me. The car is better in person than the pics.

They had a couple of 427's in the next room including one identical to mine. I am happy with my decision to score the 427 in March, having now seen the new one in person. When I got home I went for a long drive.....no regrets.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:59 AM
Greg00Coupe
Race Director

Received 2,017 Likes on 1,160 Posts

Yea I made the trip Friday during the 60th where it was advertised you could sit in them and we did. By Friday most of the batteries where dead so even tho they where open you needed to reach in and use the emergency access handle. I know these are mules but sure hurts to see some yuppie with there 8 y/o jamming the gears and mom taking pictures of jr driving a vette.

Did get to spend lot of seat time in a charged premium car playing around with the dash and so forth.

Thats to the Museum and GM for allowing access to the cars. Plus the enginners and market folks where there answering questions.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:13 PM
gthal
Safety Car

Received 1,170 Likes on 486 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg00Coupe
I know these are mules but sure hurts to see some yuppie with there 8 y/o jamming the gears and mom taking pictures of jr driving a vette.
That, my friend, is GM's future

I can say that if I was close, I would be there with my 5 year old too! He loves cars and there is absolutely nothing wrong with sharing the excitement and joy. I guess that makes me one of those "yuppies" too My Dad did the same thing with me when I was 7 with his 1978 Vette. I learned to love cars then.

Stop being an old stick in the mud No one will ever drive the car that 8 year old sat in and I bet there were 50 year old men who would have done as much or more damage. Corvette needs these 8 year olds to be excited about their cars in 20 or 30 years!!

Last edited by gthal; 07-01-2013 at 12:19 PM.

Quick Reply: C7's at NCM June 30th..