Sponsored by:

USAA Number worth $750

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 04:59 PM
rijowysock
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rad22
According to the website, the 2013 Corvette was/is eligible for the $750 discount... purchase only...not lease. One small caveat though is that it has to be a "participating dealer". Not all dealers are. This is however a bona fide, legitimate offer. I saved $4000 on the purchase of a new Mercedes approximately 3 years ago. It was the finance manager who initiated the discount process, after I had already struck my best negotiated price, while signing the purchase papers, when he asked me who my insurance company was during the purchase process. He redrew the papers, reflecting the discount, and proceeded. I didn't even know about the discount. Hendrick Motors in Charlotte, NC.
thats an awesome dealer to not to renegotiate their price before adding discount..
Old 07-03-2013, 05:09 PM
Nice Ride
Drifting

Received 155 Likes on 115 Posts

FWIW I have been a USAA member for 25 years. Excellent Ins.company also with full range of financials and investments. Insurance, for self, family, car, house etc is only a part of what they do. The $750 off on GM purchase is a bonus but in no way has anything to do as to why I stay a USAA member. Easy to deal with if you have a claim but I have had very few. Back in the day to become a member you had to have a military connection either direct or through an immediate family. I think they may be more flex with membership today. The military group as a general rule is found to be better risk than the general public so member rates were better than run of the mill auto ins. companies. If you are a safe driver with no accidents or tickets you will like USAA. If you are not and considered a risk you will find their rates high.
Old 07-03-2013, 05:10 PM
Plexoer
Pro

Received 374 Likes on 144 Posts

I wonder if just having a saving's/checking account will qualify you?
Old 07-03-2013, 05:20 PM
Cruiter
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
On order: Torch Red Z51

Call and see if they'll send you the 'qualifying' letter.

I just emailed my dealer and received one back. The C7 should qualify as the C6 did. But here in GA they would have figured it out anyway when I gave them a copy of my registration which 'under GA law' shows the current insurance Company and policy #. I'm making a straight out purchase so..... No issues.
Originally Posted by Plexoer

Last edited by Cruiter; 07-03-2013 at 05:22 PM. Reason: additional info
Old 07-03-2013, 06:34 PM
Shodanusmc
Burning Brakes

Received 133 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Cruiter
As a 40+ year member with USAA, I'll be checking on it, thanks for the info. I don't see any exclusions for the C7 so ...

FWIW, I called them prior to placing my order to see how bad owning the C7 with low annual mileage would hurt me. I was thinking probably an additional $12-1400 per year here in the North Atlanta/North GA area that's traditionally high. I was pleasantly surprised at $800 and change additional but I do have a good driving record, no tickets or accidents.

If you have a family member/parent with USAA you can try to qualify. Both of my Son's are with them and they had no Military affiliation at all other than being my sons. They're an excellent company with low premiums (comparatively speaking) and pay dividends annually to the policy holders. They are wholly owned by the policy holders. I don't know of any of my friends that use them that have 'ever' dropped them for another company.
Same here. USAA is the best. Had them for over 44 years when you had to be an Officer to qualify. I love getting my SSA check every November, and you can't beat their customer service. Had no idea about this program.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:34 PM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Plexoer
No, you must have a Insurance product to qualify. I have heard of people getting a letter without a insurance product but it's very difficult.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:53 PM
GTFD2
Burning Brakes

Received 249 Likes on 143 Posts

I joined in 2011 when purchasing my Camaro. Called them on phone and joined. They e-mailed me my membership # and letter of membership. I have a small saving account with them no insurance.
Old 07-04-2013, 02:28 AM
BlueSting
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JoesC5
When you click on their car buying service, you can't find any Chevrolet with any discount. You can on the Buick.
Not true, my wife just bought a Chevy Cruze and we used the USAA car buying service for the discounted price and got the $750 off
Old 07-04-2013, 03:40 AM
p4snow
Burning Brakes

Received 453 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by runutzzzzz
No, you must have a Insurance product to qualify. I have heard of people getting a letter without a insurance product but it's very difficult.
You don't need to buy any of their products to qualify. Just register on line then call and request a letter. Worked for me.
Old 07-04-2013, 06:40 AM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by p4snow
You don't need to buy any of their products to qualify. Just register on line then call and request a letter. Worked for me.
I tried like heck to get a letter, 4 different reps and none would give it to me. The dealer I bought my 3500 from just gave it to me anyways. Every single rep said I must have a insurance product.
Old 07-04-2013, 07:21 AM
p4snow
Burning Brakes

Received 453 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by runutzzzzz
I tried like heck to get a letter, 4 different reps and none would give it to me. The dealer I bought my 3500 from just gave it to me anyways. Every single rep said I must have a insurance product.
Sorry to hear. That was not a requirement back in November when I got mine.
Old 07-04-2013, 09:27 AM
S'vette
Melting Slicks

Received 73 Likes on 40 Posts

Ive used the USAA car buying service my last three cars. Never had to prove membership. And the dealership has to be in the program to get it. But I am buying a Q5 and the dealership isn't in the program but I used the USAA numbers to work with and they agreed to those numbers just so I wont go elsewhere.
Old 07-04-2013, 03:11 PM
0Hendrick Chevrolet in Cary
Former Vendor

The USAA discount is $750 on most current Chevrolet vehicles, as stated above. ZL1 and Volt are the only ones that do not qualify. There are no indications if the 2014 will qualify or not, but so far all 2014's do.

To get the $750 without any stipulations you simply have to have USAA Insurance policy. If you do not have the insurance policy you have to have a letter from USAA stating that you are eligible. It is at their discretion to provide this letter, and all it takes is a phone call. Generally they will ask you to have an account of any sort with them (checking, savings, mortgage....). A dealer cannot contact USAA on customer's behalf.

A dealer could give you this rebate regardless, however if they get audited and the customer does not qualify they will be charged back the $750. This is the case with all rebates. We as dealers have to provide required docs to GM to back up any rebate provided.

There are certain rebates that cannot be combined with USAA rebate - Corvette Loyalty is one of them. Same with truck loyalty and SUV loyalty.

It does not cost anything to join USAA. You may find some of their services useful. I could not make any other recommendations based on this because I do work for GM but you can make your own conclusions.

USAA car buying service is separate from the rebate. We are a member and it is an easy way to get a price quote (very competitive price quote) on any vehicle. The only issue with the system is that you can build a car any way you want it and that car may not exist. Other issue is that it will allow you to pick any rebate out there, and you may not qualify for all. Overall though, it is an easy and more than fair way to buy a car. You can use the service without being eligible for the rebate...
Old 07-04-2013, 04:16 PM
Dracla
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Two points:

1) I have a USAA number as I used to have their auto insurance. Stopped it 25+ years ago, but I still have the USAA #, no account, but I get $750 off a new car.

2) What is required to get a Corvette loyalty discount?
Old 07-04-2013, 04:34 PM
Former Vendor

To get a Corvette Loyalty rebate on the C6 all you need to do is have a proof of current Corvette ownership. Current registration, or insurance card, title....

Originally Posted by Dracla
Two points:

1) I have a USAA number as I used to have their auto insurance. Stopped it 25+ years ago, but I still have the USAA #, no account, but I get $750 off a new car.

2) What is required to get a Corvette loyalty discount?
Old 07-04-2013, 04:35 PM
Dracla
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Hendrick Chevrolet in Cary
To get a Corvette Loyalty rebate on the C6 all you need to do is have a proof of current Corvette ownership. Current registration, or insurance card, title....
Do you know if the Loyalty Discount will work on the C7? I plan to trade in my C6 for the C7.
Old 07-04-2013, 04:38 PM
Former Vendor

No idea yet... There are no incentives listed for the new car as there are no VIN numbers available. I would assume not, as I do not see GM needing to incentivize the car to sell it.

Get notified of new replies

To USAA Number worth $750

Old 07-04-2013, 04:48 PM
S'vette
Melting Slicks

Received 73 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Hendrick Chevrolet in Cary
The USAA discount is $750 on most current Chevrolet vehicles, as stated above. ZL1 and Volt are the only ones that do not qualify. There are no indications if the 2014 will qualify or not, but so far all 2014's do.

To get the $750 without any stipulations you simply have to have USAA Insurance policy. If you do not have the insurance policy you have to have a letter from USAA stating that you are eligible. It is at their discretion to provide this letter, and all it takes is a phone call. Generally they will ask you to have an account of any sort with them (checking, savings, mortgage....). A dealer cannot contact USAA on customer's behalf.

A dealer could give you this rebate regardless, however if they get audited and the customer does not qualify they will be charged back the $750. This is the case with all rebates. We as dealers have to provide required docs to GM to back up any rebate provided.

There are certain rebates that cannot be combined with USAA rebate - Corvette Loyalty is one of them. Same with truck loyalty and SUV loyalty.

It does not cost anything to join USAA. You may find some of their services useful. I could not make any other recommendations based on this because I do work for GM but you can make your own conclusions.

USAA car buying service is separate from the rebate. We are a member and it is an easy way to get a price quote (very competitive price quote) on any vehicle. The only issue with the system is that you can build a car any way you want it and that car may not exist. Other issue is that it will allow you to pick any rebate out there, and you may not qualify for all. Overall though, it is an easy and more than fair way to buy a car. You can use the service without being eligible for the rebate...
I use it to make sure the price Im quoted from a dealer is good. I build the car in USAA they way it is at the lot and make sure prices compare and I add the $750 into the final number and even non participating lots may deal, as is the case with the car Im buying now from Audi, as they want my business and don't want me to go elsewhere. Its a great tool to use even if the lot doesn't participate. Its a good negotiating tool.

Also I get the dealers best interest rate and let them know I will be going thru USAA too. I then tell USAA the interest rate from the dealer and they always beat it. If you have it taken out of your USAA checking account automatically USAA will take another .25% off. Great company.

Last edited by S'vette; 07-04-2013 at 04:51 PM.
Old 07-04-2013, 05:23 PM
elegant
Safety Car

Received 2,680 Likes on 1,231 Posts

Could be wrong, but I am thinking that if you use the GM credit card for a purchase discount, that you are not also eligible to use the USAA discount, I.e., that is only one type of discount may be applied.

Again, a forum dealer can help confirm or deny this.
Old 07-04-2013, 05:51 PM
speedlink
Safety Car

Received 599 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by Dracla
USAA means United Services Automobile Association. But be aware that it has grown exponentially since the name was coined. It is not just car insurance anymore.

USAA is now into insurance of all kinds, and they do Investment Management too. I do not have an investment account with them, but I'm assuming you can call and start one with a very few dollars and they will put it into a USAA fund of some kind.

Then you get a # that you hopefully can use to get $$$ off a new GM car of any kind.
You don't need to be in investments to have a policy number. Just use their insurance. I do, it's great. and some of the best rates you can get.

Quick Reply: USAA Number worth $750