Sponsored by:

Order Entry Date???

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 01:47 PM
Dracla
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Order Entry Date???

I ordered my C7 on April 29th and left a large deposit check that was cashed immediately. But the order was not entered into the GM system until May 22nd.

Is my dealer playing games with my order? Or is it normal to wait 23 days to enter an order that has big $$$ in deposit money behind it?
Old 07-12-2013, 01:57 PM
Hot Rod Todd
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

The dealer could not order the car until they received allocation from GM. The first allocation orders went in around May 22nd, so it sounds like they put it in as soon as possible. Putting the order into the system early would not have done anything, it would have just sat there. What does count is the order that the dealer puts in the orders, since that would determine how GM pulls them to fill the allocation.
Old 07-12-2013, 01:57 PM
M_C7
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GM's system didnt open up to accept the orders until around the 3rd week in May so you had the car ordered with the "dealer" up until that point. They put it in as soon as they officially could
Old 07-12-2013, 02:05 PM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 153 Likes on 73 Posts
Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'10

Originally Posted by Hot Rod Todd
The dealer could not order the car until they received allocation from GM. The first allocation orders went in around May 22nd, so it sounds like they put it in as soon as possible. Putting the order into the system early would not have done anything, it would have just sat there. What does count is the order that the dealer puts in the orders, since that would determine how GM pulls them to fill the allocation.
Originally Posted by M_C7
GM's system didnt open up to accept the orders until around the 3rd week in May so you had the car ordered with the "dealer" up until that point. They put it in as soon as they officially could
They speak the truth. Many dealers have taken deposits for their entire allocated build quantity of Corvettes for the first six months once actual production opens. The dealers can order cars based on allocations and they generally only enter the order when the allocation for the build is approaching. In your case, you likely had a very early allocation but even with that, the order system wasn't open at the time you submitted your "order" or deposit. Some dealers are upfront about this, some are not. There have been two order consensus periods to this point that I recall but none were earlier than that third week of May.
Old 07-12-2013, 02:05 PM
Glenmcp
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 574 Likes on 328 Posts

There may not be a problem. Your dealer could enter an order on 4/29 and give you an order number, but GM would not have processed it. GM has not built a retail car yet. If you have an order number now, things should be fine. You need to find out where you are on your dealer's wait list. Having an order number does not mean your dealer submitted it for consensus. If you are number ten on your dealers wait list and he has only been allowed five for consensus, you are not at bat yet. And, you need to know how many allocations your dealer was given.
Old 07-12-2013, 02:21 PM
Dracla
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

OK. I'm cool with this. Thanks everyone for the info.

Get notified of new replies

To Order Entry Date???

Quick Reply: Order Entry Date???