Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can we stop whining now ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 05:51 PM
not08crmanymore
Team Owner

Received 141 Likes on 120 Posts

But that doesn't change the fact that the C7 is hideous, IMO.
Exactly. Functional this and horsepower power that won't help the ugly factor.
Old 07-30-2013, 05:53 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,701 Likes on 1,215 Posts

Every time someone with a C6 makes a post in the C6 section about the C7, the Mods move it to the C7 section. The Mods seem to know which section the C7 should be discussed in. Too bad some here don't.

Last edited by JoesC5; 07-30-2013 at 05:55 PM.
Old 07-30-2013, 05:55 PM
paracord
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by JoesC5
Every time someone with a C6 makes a post in the C6 section about the C7, the Mods move it to the C7 section.
Well truthfully, the OP kind of called out C6 owners right here in this thread.....in the C7 section.
Old 07-30-2013, 05:57 PM
C7 4 Me
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by paracord
Well truthfully, the OP kind of called out C6 owners right here in this thread.....in the C7 section.
Maybe this thread should have been moved to the C6 forum then

Let's put all the pollution in there. Not sure why it has to go here.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:08 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Originally Posted by C7 4 Me
Maybe this thread should have been moved to the C6 forum then

Let's put all the pollution in there. Not sure why it has to go here.
I'm sure we can reach a fair and equable agreement about who posts in what section.

How about the C6 owners not post in the C7 section and only the C7 owners post in the C7 section?

If you don't own a C6 then you don't post in the C7 section and if you don't own a C7 then you don't post in the C7 section.

I'm asking the Mods to delete all posts from the C7 section that are made by C6 owners and delete all posts from the C7 section that are made by those that do not own a C7. That should get the C7 section down to zero(0) posts and get rid of the arguments.

If you don't own a C7, and no one does, then why should the C7 section be exclusively for you?

Last edited by JoesC5; 07-30-2013 at 06:13 PM.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:10 PM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

Received 172 Likes on 138 Posts

I'm sure we can reach a fair and equable agreement about who posts in what section.

How about the C6 owners post in the C6 section and the C7 owners post in the C7 section?

If you don't own a C6 then you don't post in the C7 section and if you don't own a C7 then you don't post in the C7 section.

I'm asking the Mods to delete all posts from the C7 section that are made by C6 owners and delete all posts from the C7 section that are made by those that do not own a C7. That should get the C7 section down to zero(0) posts and get rid of the arguments.
But Joe...where would the fanbois post?
Old 07-30-2013, 06:26 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Originally Posted by sam90lx
But Joe...where would the fanbois post?
The fanbois get butthurt every time some one interrupts their circle jerk.

Since day one when Troy started the Corvette forum, each section was to openly discuss the subject of that section. There was no C5 fanbois section where they C5 fanbois could ONLY discuss the good things about the C5 and anyone that wanted to discuss anything other than the good was locked out. Same with the C6 and now the C7.

The rules were that you can openly discuss the subject as long as the discussion didn't get personal. Every time I make a remark about the C7 that the fanbois don't agree with, most of them personally attack me instead of debating me with their facts.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:35 PM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 439 Likes on 196 Posts

I'm gonna keep whining for a new rear end on the Z version(s) if that's ok with everyone?
Sure. Just go to your room and close the door.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:37 PM
Sin City
Le Mans Master

Received 4,116 Likes on 1,470 Posts
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Every time I make a remark about the C7 that the fanbois don't agree with, most of them personally attack me instead of debating me with their facts.
And what "facts" are those?

That the C7 reviews show it's greatly improved?

That the interior has been highly upgraded?

That it has a modern traction control system and Ediff now?

That it's faster than it predecessor, out handles it, has better steering feedback, and stops better?

These are facts. Saying you don't like rectangular tail lights is a matter of taste. These are not facts. They are a matter of opinion.

Care to still "argue" the facts or are you a C6 fanbois?

I started this thread because I felt the independent test showed the C7 out guns earlier models. I was wrong. People like to argue what they want to argue no matter the facts.

Last edited by Sin City; 07-30-2013 at 06:40 PM.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:54 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Sin City

That it's faster than it predecessor, out handles it, has better steering feedback, and stops better?

These are facts. Saying you don't like rectangular tail lights is a matter of taste. These are not facts. They are a matter of opinion.

I started this thread because I felt the independent test showed the C7 out guns earlier models. I was wrong. People like to argue what they want to argue no matter the facts.
Yes I am a C6 Z06 fanbois, and I don't attack those that don't like the C6 or the C5 or the C4 or the C3 or the C2 or the C1. Along with their facts, they also have their opinions. Their opinion does not outweigh my opinion and neither does my opinion outweigh theirs. Just because your opinion differs from my opinion, does not automatically make your opinion correct just because you are in the C7 section.

I've been on this forum since nearly day one. I've seen it all. Do you think that 100% of the postings in the C5 section, back when the Forum first started, were all favorable to the C5? Or the C6 back in 2004/05?
Old 07-30-2013, 07:02 PM
C7 4 Me
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How about the C6 owners not post in the C7 section and only the C7 owners post in the C7 section?

If you don't own a C7, and no one does, then why should the C7 section be exclusively for you?
Sometimes I enjoy reading your posts as you're an older and more car-knowledgeable guy. You know far more about cars than I ever will - so seeing your comments on some items and understanding just that little extra bit provides me some added value for having stopped by. So I wouldn't want any sort of restriction on your ability to post here.

That said, those are only a portion of your posts - and this isn't personally about you. The other portion of your posts, like those of a handful of others, are designed to take almost the exact same verbal-dump throughout every single thread.

What other forum on this site has to endure that? Why should the fans of any corvette, on a corvette enthusiast forum, have to put up with a redundant brand of trolling by a vocal minority?

People get on their high-horse about free speech and an open forum with things like "Dont tell me what to do, I'll talk about whatever I want here because I have the right to do so." Fine - but what I'm saying is everyone here can agree that we ALL understand that a vocal minority dislikes the back end of the car, or the flashiness, or the vents, or the gain in horsepower for their own reasons. Great! But we've all noted that, it has been thoroughly and adequately discussed - and now we should all be able to move on. No?
Old 07-30-2013, 07:49 PM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Bill17601
Sure. Just go to your room and close the door.
You first!
Old 07-30-2013, 07:53 PM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

The numbers are slightly better and imo the looks are worse.....why would anyone with a C6 much less a C6 Z06 buy a C7? For the infotainment system? The Camaro lights? The narrow body and tires? If we had a C5....you bet the C7 would be the cats ***!
Old 07-30-2013, 08:10 PM
DanTheFireman
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

The numbers are slightly better and imo the looks are worse.....why would anyone with a C6 much less a C6 Z06 buy a C7?
IMO the looks of the C7 are better including the back, the interior is better, ad nauseum. Had a C6Z, am moving on. IMO the C7 is better, that's why.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:36 PM
JustinStrife
Team Owner

Received 97 Likes on 67 Posts

The numbers are slightly better and imo the looks are worse.....why would anyone with a C6 much less a C6 Z06 buy a C7? For the infotainment system? The Camaro lights? The narrow body and tires? If we had a C5....you bet the C7 would be the cats ***!
More power, better seats, better interior, better looks, better suspension, better fuel mileage, more electronics to play with, etc, etc.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:44 PM
Paulchristian
Melting Slicks

Received 174 Likes on 121 Posts

Yes I am a C6 Z06 fanbois, and I don't attack those that don't like the C6 or the C5 or the C4 or the C3 or the C2 or the C1. Along with their facts, they also have their opinions. Their opinion does not outweigh my opinion and neither does my opinion outweigh theirs. Just because your opinion differs from my opinion, does not automatically make your opinion correct just because you are in the C7 section.

I've been on this forum since nearly day one. I've seen it all. Do you think that 100% of the postings in the C5 section, back when the Forum first started, were all favorable to the C5? Or the C6 back in 2004/05?
I am starting to like you Joe
Old 07-30-2013, 08:50 PM
themonk
Team Owner

Location: Calgary, AB. There's a reason why white was the only color offered on every year Corvette. Proud Canadian German Jamaican!
Received 1,457 Likes on 799 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09, '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by not08crmanymore
Exactly. Functional this and horsepower power that won't help the ugly factor.
Your s/o may look beautiful to you but not so much to me and vice versa, looks are subjective. Ugly or not the C7 is a damn good car and for the price it has EVERYTHING beat.

Get notified of new replies

To Can we stop whining now ?

Old 07-30-2013, 09:39 PM
Sin City
Le Mans Master

No, you just attack the C7.

Maybe you've see too much?
Old 07-30-2013, 09:46 PM
Sin City
Le Mans Master

This is unfortunately the attitude that has kept the Corvette viewed by many as just another plastic body car pieced together from Chevy's parts bins to the point where it is one step up from a kit car.

Look at my big engine! Zroooom! 0-60! 0-60! 0-60!!!

The C7 is a driver's car. It's handling is very much improved. Every reviewer says so.

But, to many here, it's just some numbers on a page and round tail lights that matter.

Luckily, Chevy has seen the light and moved out of the fog.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:47 PM
themonk
Team Owner

Location: Calgary, AB. There's a reason why white was the only color offered on every year Corvette. Proud Canadian German Jamaican!
Received 1,457 Likes on 799 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09, '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

No, you just attack the C7.

Maybe you've see too much?
What I don't understand is if people don't like the C7 and have no plans on buying one then WTF are they in here? I don't like the C6 that much, I don't plan on buying one ever and I have never set foot one in General or Tech, it boggles the mind.

Quick Reply: Can we stop whining now ?