Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Largest C7 Allocation in Florida

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2013, 12:29 AM
vankenn
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm also in Tampa. Skip the bull crap brake addons and dealer fees and you'll get a check for $65k. Or you can nickle and dime me and I'll walk.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:32 AM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,028 Likes on 486 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by michaelinmech
From my experience, Florida seems to be the capital of the $500 (or higher) dealer fee....
Your experience is similiar to mine. When I was buying a truck a few years ago, every single central Florida Dodge dealer had a $500-700 "dealer fee". This is complete bullsh$t, as dealers in other states have $150-200 "dealer fees"
S.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:12 AM
WestPalmCorvette
Racer

I live in West Palm Beach, and dealer fees are clearly the norm in my experience. However I never accept paying such a fee, and dealers will usually not lose a sale over a few hundred dollars.

In the same way I would not pay a 'Supermarket Fee' after shopping at Publix, or a 'Restaurant Fee' after dining out, I likewise refuse to pay a 'dealer fee'.

Its a slimy manuever by the dealer. As a consumer you have to be willing to get up and walk away.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:25 AM
Z0Sick6
Le Mans Master

Location: North/Central NJ - a.k.a. Gotti in the CFNE section
Received 1,551 Likes on 529 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Hey everyone,

As some of your are not from the state of Florida... Florida has some of the highest dealer doc fees in the country (they are just doing what their competition is doing, almost bought an M3 convertible and they had a $600 dealer doc fee). Some states have a set $ like NY which is $75... check out this link and you will see!

The average doc fee in Florida is $607 (highest in the USA)! See link below and check out your state!

http://www.realcartips.com/newcars/4...by-state.shtml
Old 08-06-2013, 09:33 AM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 152 Likes on 72 Posts
Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'10

Originally Posted by Z0Sick6
Hey everyone,

As some of your are not from the state of Florida... Florida has some of the highest dealer doc fees in the country (they are just doing what their competition is doing, almost bought an M3 convertible and they had a $600 dealer doc fee). Some states have a set $ like NY which is $75... check out this link and you will see!

The average doc fee in Florida is $607 (highest in the USA)! See link below and check out your state!

http://www.realcartips.com/newcars/4...by-state.shtml
With some of the highest dealer doc fees in the country you would think that they would then attempt to diferentiate themselves by skipping the penny-ante stuff like the brake flasher module and the additional "Private tag agency fee" nonsense. If it was just the doc fee at $499.00 I probably could have let it go. It is the other BS in addition to it that raised my curiosity.

Last edited by talon90; 08-06-2013 at 09:43 AM.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:42 AM
Mr. Wonderful
Le Mans Master

Location: Slower than a speeding bullet................ Fort Lauderdale, FL
Received 201 Likes on 125 Posts

Sounds reasonable, until you read the fine print.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:47 AM
Z0Sick6
Le Mans Master

Location: North/Central NJ - a.k.a. Gotti in the CFNE section
Received 1,551 Likes on 529 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Originally Posted by talon90
With some of the highest dealer doc fees in the country you would think that they would then attempt to diferentiate themselves by skipping the penny-ante stuff like the brake flasher module and the additional "Private tag agency fee" nonsense. If it was just the doc fee at $499.00 I probably could have let it go. It is the other BS in addition to it that raised my curiosity.
I agree the private tag fee is BS, along with dealers that have dealer prep fee, or value package fee (pinstriping, vin etching, and nitrogen tire fill for $995 lol).....

I think any doc fee over $200 is absurd but most are around that. It should be federally mandated at $50-100 MAX
Old 08-06-2013, 09:59 AM
Bisha
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I live in Florida, here are the fees DMV charges:

57.15 - Annual tag fee
28.00 - New registration fee
225.00 - New tag fee, if not transferring a tag from another car
78.25 - Title transfer fee

So do the math as it might apply to you. Also someone has to go to the DMV office and do the paper work. I am not defending the dealer because the way it was stated it sounds like extra dealer profit but if it is the various tag/title fees that go with a purchase then that is another matter.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:14 AM
LPE385
Melting Slicks

Received 109 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by talon90
Here is the problem. On the 2014 Corvette's they will sell for MSRP give or take the amount of the fee's. We all know this will change in 1 year again give or take a few months.

However if you saw the average market up from invoice to MSRP that GM gives them to make money you would laugh. These dealers have to charge something to try and make a little additional money. The average Camaro SS has $1,200 mark up or close to it. Who puts out $30,000 plus to make $1,200. Not to mention everyone wants a car for invoice, so they're lucky to make wholeback. Other then Corvette's and trucks the average Chevrolet has very little mark up. They do have to pay someone to process tag work, pay for computers, supplies, people to do the work, etc. Not to mention the average person thinks their trade is worth more then it is or maybe they're a little up side down. With little room to cover up these possible everyday things in the car business they need a little room to make a deal happen.

This is simple business. If you don't like it then don't buy, simple. However don't bash, it cost money to run a dealership. They are not asking $5,000 over like so many are. Just simply asking a dealer fee to help pay the people that process everything.

It kills me how there is no loyalty to your local dealer. Its nickel and dime every time. Again if you don't like it then don't pay or if your a serious buyer and don't want to wait until the last minute, pay for plane fair or transport to get a car to you then the $500 to $800 really isn't that much if you have to pay to get a car out of state or out of the normal driving distance.

Give the guy a break, again its not $5,000 over. When the hype is gone so is MSRP, so either wait or pass.

Last edited by LPE385; 08-06-2013 at 10:16 AM.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:40 AM
tpapablo
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

FWIW, I bought my 2011 coupe at Stingray. I was given a good deal and treated very well there.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:40 AM
Jpiatchek
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Makes me want to cry

Originally Posted by LPE385
Here is the problem. On the 2014 Corvette's they will sell for MSRP give or take the amount of the fee's. We all know this will change in 1 year again give or take a few months.

However if you saw the average market up from invoice to MSRP that GM gives them to make money you would laugh. These dealers have to charge something to try and make a little additional money. The average Camaro SS has $1,200 mark up or close to it. Who puts out $30,000 plus to make $1,200. Not to mention everyone wants a car for invoice, so they're lucky to make wholeback. Other then Corvette's and trucks the average Chevrolet has very little mark up. They do have to pay someone to process tag work, pay for computers, supplies, people to do the work, etc. Not to mention the average person thinks their trade is worth more then it is or maybe they're a little up side down. With little room to cover up these possible everyday things in the car business they need a little room to make a deal happen.

This is simple business. If you don't like it then don't buy, simple. However don't bash, it cost money to run a dealership. They are not asking $5,000 over like so many are. Just simply asking a dealer fee to help pay the people that process everything.

It kills me how there is no loyalty to your local dealer. Its nickel and dime every time. Again if you don't like it then don't pay or if your a serious buyer and don't want to wait until the last minute, pay for plane fair or transport to get a car to you then the $500 to $800 really isn't that much if you have to pay to get a car out of state or out of the normal driving distance.

Give the guy a break, again its not $5,000 over. When the hype is gone so is MSRP, so either wait or pass.
Poor dealer. Wants to make me cry. The markup on a new Vette is more than $5 grand.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:42 AM
Eagle3sh
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by LPE385

Put any kind of spin on it you want but it's deception. If not they would not say we sell at MSRP. They would say we sell at MSRP plus dealer fees, etc. It's not about the money it's about the deception. And for what it's worth, there are dealers in FL who have no add on fees. I recently bought one. Every business has computer, office supplies, employees, and overhead. Can you imagine going into Lowes or Home Depot to buy a refrigerator and the price being one price and then when you go to pay they add on $50 for warehouse space?
Old 08-06-2013, 11:13 AM
427bob
Pro

Received 296 Likes on 93 Posts

Bought a new car in FLORIDA in February of this year. Dealer tried to jam me with a $699 dealer fee.
Told him I won't pay any dealer fee and he can keep the car.
I ended up paying NO DEALER FEE IN FLORIDA.

There is a Corvette Dealer in NH that charges NO DEALER FEE. HOW CAN THAT BE???

BB
Old 08-06-2013, 11:38 AM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,028 Likes on 486 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by 427bob
Bought a new car in FLORIDA in February of this year. Dealer tried to jam me with a $699 dealer fee.
Told him I won't pay any dealer fee and he can keep the car.
I ended up paying NO DEALER FEE IN FLORIDA.

BB
I tried that with my truck. Two dealers had the exact truck I wanted and I told both of them I would not pay a dealer fee...period. Neither of them would budge. I ended up paying a $600 fee. We paid it on my wife's QX56 too, but there was only one dealer with that truck so I didn't even push the issue.
S.
Old 08-06-2013, 11:45 AM
nantucketsleigh
5th Gear

Default Dealer add ons and fees

Was thinking about Stingray for earlier delivery than local dealer - not any longer. These kinds of cheesy sales tactics are a real turn off.
Old 08-06-2013, 12:53 PM
0SeanM@Stingray
Former Vendor

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by DRLC5
When will you start seeing these Stingray's arrive at your dealership?
We estimate the new Vette's will start showing up in September.
Old 08-06-2013, 12:58 PM
0SeanM@Stingray
Former Vendor

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by RJ111
I tried to buy a 427 Vert there, and was told all of your 14's were sold already.
I apologize for the misinformation. We still have plenty of cars left to order.

Get notified of new replies

To Largest C7 Allocation in Florida

Old 08-06-2013, 01:00 PM
Jpiatchek
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Fees

Originally Posted by Snorman
I tried that with my truck. Two dealers had the exact truck I wanted and I told both of them I would not pay a dealer fee...period. Neither of them would budge. I ended up paying a $600 fee. We paid it on my wife's QX56 too, but there was only one dealer with that truck so I didn't even push the issue.
S.
If enough people balked and went elsewhere or out of state, they would get tired of losing the business and change the way they do business.
Have owned over 200 cars and only paid it once for $100. The deal was way under invoice and I didn't have the energy. Many times they will charge it, but they will reduce the price of the car by that amount on the invoice, with the sale price being LESS than the amount we agreed upon. Just say No.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:33 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,075 Likes on 6,173 Posts

Originally Posted by RJ111
I tried to buy a 427 Vert there, and was told all of your 14's were sold already.
Originally Posted by SeanM@Stingray
I apologize for the misinformation. We still have plenty of cars left to order.
Wait a minute. A 427 Vert is a 2013, not a 2014.
Old 08-06-2013, 02:45 PM
MikeyTX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,186 Likes on 1,337 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15- '16-'17-‘18-‘19-'20-'21
NCM Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by michaelinmech
From my experience, Florida seems to be the capital of the $500 (or higher) dealer fee, usually together with some other 'necessary feature' - VIN glass engraving or body stamping, brake blinker, etc for a few hundred more.

So Stingray is basically doing what the others are doing. By no means am I saying it's right or justified, it stinks.

PS: Don't forget about the obligatory walk to the F&I guy's office for the sit down Financing & Warranty Insurance sales pitches.
Not even a priest giving you the last rites .........

Quick Reply: Largest C7 Allocation in Florida