Sponsored by:

New Magazine test of C7 vs 911

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 10:32 AM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

Originally Posted by Carnut12
Is that what I said, Audi is Porsche Quality IMO and a lot less expensive. Take a look at the S6 interior, it is unreal. Some of you do not know how to interpret a basic sentance, to bad I can not type in Crayon, maybe that would help.

Are you trying to say the C6 isn't one of, if not the worst $60-80K interior made??? Find me a lower quality interior on a car that is this expensive? It has a Cavalier Steering wheel with a Corvette emblem on it, you can not be serious. Look at the fake Carbon or what ever it is supposed to mimic, I have seen better in $15K Kia's.

It is obvious Corvette owners do not really care about this, they care about Performance, so on the flip side you also will not find a car the has the over-all Performance of a C6 for the price either. The fact some make that choice is fine, that is what they prefer.
Really nice of you to point out how stupid we Corvette enthusiasts are. I have Crayola crayons, would you like to borrow them or do you only use German made writing instruments.

You import lovers are really having some serious insecurity issues with the C7.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:32 AM
Carnut12
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by drmustang
Really nice of you to point out how stupid we Corvette enthusiasts are. I have Crayola crayons, would you like to borrow them or do you only use German made writing instruments.

You import lovers are really having some serious insecurity issues with the C7.
Go back and read your posts, they speak for themselves.

Insecurity, have you read any of these threads? It is the direct opposite IMO, I as well as the others that might own a 911 have all said the C7 looks like a Great Car. It is Corvette owners like you and a few others that are adding all the anti-porsche BS. You refuse to admit that a car nearly twice the cost is built to a higher standard or has a nicer interior, do you really think someone would pay the premium if it did not? I know I wouldn't, I would have a 427 in my Garage if not for the interior.

I would say the one that has to constantly put down the other is the one with the insecurity issues, look in the mirror young child, you give this forum a bad reputation.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:29 PM
Achmed
Drifting

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

Insecurity, have you read any of these threads? It is the direct opposite IMO, I as well as the others that might own a 911 have all said the C7 looks like a Great Car. It is Corvette owners like you and a few others that are adding all the anti-porsche BS. You refuse to admit that a car nearly twice the cost is built to a higher standard or has a nicer interior, do you really think someone would pay the premium if it did not? I know I wouldn't, I would have a 427 in my Garage if not for the interior.

I would say the one that has to constantly put down the other is the one with the insecurity issues, look in the mirror young child, you give this forum a bad reputation.
Actually its the Porsche lovers that come on the Corvette forum to praise their brand who come across as insecure. For example I like the Corvette, so I chose to post here. I have zero interest in setting up an account at a Porsche forum to argue with them why Corvette is better. I'm not saying you are this type, but of all the Porsche humpers here I'm sure a large chunk have no intention of buying a C7 yet sign up here to post why why they think Porsche is better than Corvette.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:53 PM
skank
Melting Slicks

Received 1,156 Likes on 516 Posts

Carnut, You are the one out of touch here. The company that builds the interiors for both the Porsche and Corvette is Draxlmaier Group. They fabricate and install all subcomponent systems for both cars. They also happen to do these interiors for Cadillac, Mercedes, Audi, BMW, Bugatti, Jaguar, Maybach etc.etc. Their methodology of fabrication does not vary one iota from manufacturer to manufacturer. They do not alter their Cad/Cam process. If we hear one more of these clueless Porsche fanboys say that their interiors are better, we'll just have to continue to correct you on the automotive manufacturing protocol.

Here is their web site. Now go and educate yourself.
www.draexlmaier.com

Last edited by skank; 08-25-2013 at 01:24 PM.
Old 08-25-2013, 01:06 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

Originally Posted by skank
Carnut, You are the one out of touch here. The company that builds the interiors for both the Porsche and Corvette is Draxlmaier Group. They fabricate and install all subcomponent systems for both cars. They also happen to do these interiors for Cadillac, Mercedes, Audi, BMW, Bugatti, Jaguar, Maybach. Their methodology of fabrication does not vary one iota from manufacturer to manufacturer. They do not alter their Cad/Cam process. If we hear one more of these clueless Porsche fanboys say that their interiors are better, we'll just have to continue to correct you on the automotive manufacturing protocol.

www.draexlmaier.com
Excellent post. The Porsche fanboys are on the run and for the most part clueless.

I am in a position where I drive a late model Porsche on a regular basis and can tell you that the interior of that car is made out of the same junk plastic and faux metal crap that everything else is. The Porsche boys who honestly believe that they are getting more when they pay double are being bent over big time. LOL!
Old 08-25-2013, 01:30 PM
B747VET
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 861 Likes on 404 Posts

Some of you do not know how to interpret a basic sentance, to bad I can not type in Crayon, maybe that would help.

Are you trying to say the C6 isn't one of, if not the worst $60-80K interior made??? Find me a lower quality interior on a car that is this expensive? It has a Cavalier Steering wheel with a Corvette emblem on it, you can not be serious. Look at the fake Carbon or what ever it is supposed to mimic, I have seen better in $15K Kia's.

It is obvious Corvette owners do not really care about this, they care about Performance, so on the flip side you also will not find a car the has the over-all Performance of a C6 for the price either. The fact some make that choice is fine, that is what they prefer.
If only you could afford a 911 maybe you would understand, save your pennies young child, save your pennies.
Ummmm yes, the C7 is not even out, how do you know the feel, quality, ect are the same? Most Corvette owners can not afford a 911, I would bet most 911 owners could afford a lot more "Status" type cars like Ferrari, Aston Martin, Maserati, and such. I know I can and I bought the 911. Why?? It drove much better (Especially the Steering, you could feel the road), the quality was not on the same planet, and I think it looks much nicer than a C6.

C7 could change some of this, I still think it will not come close to the Quality, I do not see how it is possible for the pricepoint it is at. We will see.

You use poor spelling, poor sentence structure, and incomplete sentences that make your writing very difficult to interpret and comprehend. Then you say that maybe you would be better understood if you typed using a Crayon. That statement makes little sense in a number of ways, including the fact that while one can write with a Crayon, one can certainly not type with a Crayon.

However, the intent of that shot, even if poorly communicated, is clearly understood. Similarly, you keep calling others "young child" while appearing to place yourself on a raised pedestal of wisdom and experience.

Unfortunately, the exact meaning of some of your other points will remain shrouded in the haze of general miscommunication on your part, not on the ability of others to understand.

In fairness, you do make some correct, if not blatantly obvious observations. You state the obvious with respect to the C6 interior as if it is some sort of grand revelation. Yes, there is no defending the quality of the C6 interior and seats in comparison with a recent 911. Just as there is no defending the antiquated design of the 911 and its inherently poor and unsafe handling without massive amounts of computer control.

Yes, 911's are fun to drive, but they were frankly much more fun in the days of the 911 SC and the 930 Turbo, both of which I was privileged to own. Today, it is acknowledged that the modern 911 is a holdover because of an affluent aging fan base. Porsche now makes both lower and higher priced cars that are superior to the 911. There is no debating that simple fact.

Similarly, the C7 is now a breakthrough high end performance car that bears little resemblance to those Corvettes that preceded it. The interior, seats, and ergonomics of the C7 not only eclipse the previous Corvettes, but the current 911 fleet as well. Sorry, but that is another simple truth and this string is about the C7, not the C6, which you persist in using as a comparison base for your adoration of the 911.

All 911's are wonderful cars. I'm happy you own one and enjoy it so much. But, fundamentally it is antiquated design technology, desperately grasping at the future with the mechanical and technological equivalents of Botox and face lifts and artificial knees. So, let's not delude ourselves that because it has some nice interior aspects and is fun to drive, that it is also a superior design to the new C7. Nothing could be further from reality.

The automotive design world has moved on from the standards of the 1950'a and 1960's ... With the exception of Porsche's long venerated 911.

Last edited by B747VET; 08-25-2013 at 01:32 PM.
Old 08-25-2013, 02:13 PM
bcmarly
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 363 Likes on 212 Posts

As the owner of a 2013 911S w/power kit and a '07 Z06 I can assert that the 911S in one hell of a car. I hope the C7 is a home run, actually let me re-phrase that, I hope it hits a grand slam. I've yet to see one in person so I will reserve judgment, but based on what we've heard it seems to have raised the bar exponentially over the previous generation in all the important areas. By the way, the interior in my car is leather w/aluminum trim.
Old 08-25-2013, 03:21 PM
VETTE-NV
16 Vettes and counting…..
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,144 Likes on 541 Posts

Is that what I said, Audi is Porsche Quality IMO and a lot less expensive. Take a look at the S6 interior, it is unreal. Some of you do not know how to interpret a basic sentance, to bad I can not type in Crayon, maybe that would help.

You might want check yourself. Please show me where I was talking about the C6. The discussion is about the C7.
Old 08-25-2013, 03:25 PM
Z06-1
Pro

Received 69 Likes on 41 Posts

Default Funny ......

Ok everybody settle down , corvettes , Porsches , ferraris are all hot cars . I drive a ZO6 because I love the car and financially that's all I could afford . If I had the extra cheddar a twin turbo porsche x50 pachage would be in my driveway , and if I owned the cheddar factory then a ferrari Italia spyder , Zo6 , and twin turbo porsche would be in my stable . But if I wanted to kick *** nothing beats the Z .
Old 08-25-2013, 03:34 PM
Guibo
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by b4i4getit
There are just as many people buying Corvettes that can't afford them as there are people buying Porsches that can't afford them. I would hazard a guess that most Porsches are leased however since the price of entry would deter the financially literate from purchasing a depreciating asset.
So you're saying that the financially literate only ever purchase things that don't depreciate?

Originally Posted by drmustang
Yeah right Pal.
A $60,000 Boxster with 206 tq and 265 HP is priced right. OK, sure they are, maybe in your import loving fantasy land. How many of these wimp mobiles would be on the road without the 24 month/5K mile leases that Porsche offers. I have a ton of seat time in these go carts and can tell you that they are an absolute, ridiculous joke at these prices.
Over 70% of new Porsches are leased.
And how many Corvettes would GM be selling without massive rebates, incentives (employee discount, customer loyalty, holdbacks paid to dealers) and (in this country) the advantage of patriotism? According to info posted here, the median income of Boxster owners over a decade ago was $243k:
http://forum.roadfly.com/threads/877...=1#post8775503
So what you're basically saying is that the Boxster, as a percentage of the buyer's income, is even less of a costly consideration than a Corvette is to its buyer.
Old 08-25-2013, 03:42 PM
Guibo
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Carnut, You are the one out of touch here. The company that builds the interiors for both the Porsche and Corvette is Draxlmaier Group. They fabricate and install all subcomponent systems for both cars. They also happen to do these interiors for Cadillac, Mercedes, Audi, BMW, Bugatti, Jaguar, Maybach etc.etc. Their methodology of fabrication does not vary one iota from manufacturer to manufacturer. They do not alter their Cad/Cam process. If we hear one more of these clueless Porsche fanboys say that their interiors are better, we'll just have to continue to correct you on the automotive manufacturing protocol.

www.draexlmaier.com
Watch from 0:40:

Of course you would think the Corvette's quality is the same as the Porsche's, or that Cadillac has the same interior quality as BMW. You probably also believe the interior quality of an Audi A3 is the same as that of a Veyron.
Old 08-25-2013, 03:45 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

www.draexlmaier.com
I did not realize that my C5 and C6 Corvette's interior came out of the same factory as the interior in my Mercedes. To bad someone didn't tell GM they were getting screwed, bad.

They both might have interiors from the same factory, but GM and Mercedes each spec'd what they wanted, and what they were willing to pay. No way in hell can you compare the interior of my C6 to that of my Mercedes. And my C6 cost twice as much as my Mercedes and has half as many seats to cover and half as many door panels to cover.
Old 08-25-2013, 03:49 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Guibo
So you're saying that the financially literate only ever purchase things that don't depreciate?

And how many Corvettes would GM be selling without massive rebates, incentives (employee discount, customer loyalty, holdbacks paid to dealers) and (in this country) the advantage of patriotism? According to info posted here, the median income of Boxster owners over a decade ago was $243k:
So what you're basically saying is that the Boxster, as a percentage of the buyer's income, is even less of a costly consideration than a Corvette is to its buyer.
My PCP(medical doctor) makes way more than the average Corvette owner and she drives a Boxster, not a Corvette, even thought the two cars cost the same.

But then, I also know another doctor that can only afford a Corvette(10 vintage one's, that is).
Old 08-25-2013, 03:57 PM
VETTE-NV
16 Vettes and counting…..
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,144 Likes on 541 Posts

Originally Posted by JoesC5
My PCP(medical doctor) makes way more than the average Corvette owner and she drives a Boxster, not a Corvette, even thought the two cars cost the same.

But then, I also know another doctor that can only afford a Corvette(10 vintage one's, that is).
Key word: "she." Makes sense.
Old 08-25-2013, 04:02 PM
Beach
Safety Car

Received 50 Likes on 16 Posts

To think people buy corvettes because they don't have porsche money is dumb! When I got the C6 it looked better & out performed the porsche! I'm a car guy & like all cars but the owners who think "vette owners don't have porsche money or c6 owners don't have c7 money" are the real losers. Not the cars
Old 08-25-2013, 04:06 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Originally Posted by VETTE-NV
Key word: "she." Makes sense.
Ain't that the truth. I have a good friend(single) that drives a C6 as her daily driver. But she's not a doctor and only has 25% of the income that my PCP has.
Old 08-25-2013, 04:10 PM
Achmed
Drifting

According to info posted here, the median income of Boxster owners over a decade ago was $243k:
Selective copying lol, how about this quote from the same page:

"Anyone who says that brand prestige doesn't influence their decision isn't being truthful. If Hyundai built a car comparable to the 911 for $40K, how many 911 owners would sell their 911s to buy the Hyundai? "

Also how are these averages determined?? The only time any dealer would know the income of a purchaser would be if they're doing a credit application for a lease or financed purchase. Many people finance from their local bank instead, I doubt the bank gives info out on income, as well as people who buy with cash or use a LOC or a combination of both - how would these survey providers know their incomes?

I'd be pretty surprised if the average Corvette buyer's income was only $87k, perhaps if you included used Corvette purchases then maybe.

Even if I was to entertain the fact that those stats are somewhat accurate, the purchasing individual's income is not indicative of combined income or household income, debt loads or net worth, # of independants or other financial obligations, etc. So its quite a stretch to use links like that to suggest that buyers of one car brand can more easily afford their brand than that of another.

Last edited by Achmed; 08-25-2013 at 04:15 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To New Magazine test of C7 vs 911

Old 08-25-2013, 04:11 PM
Achmed
Drifting

Originally Posted by Beach
To think people buy corvettes because they don't have porsche money is dumb! When I got the C6 it looked better & out performed the porsche! I'm a car guy & like all cars but the owners who think "vette owners don't have porsche money or c6 owners don't have c7 money" are the real losers. Not the cars
x2

Anyone who can afford a Corvette can afford a Boxter or Cayman. Anyone who can afford a ZR1 can afford at least some models of 911. Then you also have buyers who can afford more than what they buy.
Old 08-25-2013, 04:28 PM
Notch
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Watch from 0:40:
[HD] Ultimate Factories - Porsche - NatGeo - Part 4/5 - YouTube

Of course you would think the Corvette's quality is the same as the Porsche's, or that Cadillac has the same interior quality as BMW. You probably also believe the interior quality of an Audi A3 is the same as that of a Veyron.
So 911 leather dashes, using German leather (not U.S. cow hide) are hand built on property in Zuffenhausen, Germany....imagine that, the same company that builds the the 911 dash builds the C7 dash using the same materials and production techniques (reference shank's post above)...and all this time I thought the Vette interior and the 911 interior were different.
Old 08-25-2013, 05:27 PM
Notch
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by B747VET
Today, it is acknowledged that the modern 911 is a holdover because of an affluent aging fan base.
Source?

Porsche now makes both lower and higher priced cars that are superior to the 911. There is no debating that simple fact.
The Cayman has twice placed behind 911s that finished first (a GT3 and a 991 C4S) in Best Driver's Car competitions.

The interior, seats, and ergonomics of the C7 not only eclipse the previous Corvettes, but the current 911 fleet as well.
Source?

But, fundamentally it is antiquated design technology, desperately grasping at the future with the mechanical and technological equivalents of Botox and face lifts and artificial knees.
Really?

911 GT2 RS Ring time 7:18 (and when the 991 GT2 RS is released it will likely post a lower lap time).

The automotive design world has moved on from the standards of the 1950'a and 1960's...
While the 911 still remains one of the highest profit margin sports cars produced today.

Quick Reply: New Magazine test of C7 vs 911