C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Competition seats... a report they are now available?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 07:16 PM
gthal
Safety Car

Received 1,170 Likes on 486 Posts
Default Competition seats... a report they are now available?

On another Corvette forum, a member reported that their order for the C7 was finally accepted with the competition seats. They said up until now, the system wouldn't take it.

Can anyone confirm whether this is true? I'm still on the fence as to whether I want to add these or not but leaning to adding them.
Old 08-23-2013, 07:57 PM
GM'er
Drifting

Received 93 Likes on 62 Posts
2017 C7 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by gthal
On another Corvette forum, a member reported that their order for the C7 was finally accepted with the competition seats. They said up until now, the system wouldn't take it.

Can anyone confirm whether this is true? I'm still on the fence as to whether I want to add these or not but leaning to adding them.
They are orderable in the system, but most likely will be on constraint, so it could hold up your order if the dealer does not have allocation for the seats (in addition to the car)
Old 08-23-2013, 09:32 PM
gthal
Safety Car

Originally Posted by GM'er
They are orderable in the system, but most likely will be on constraint, so it could hold up your order if the dealer does not have allocation for the seats (in addition to the car)
Thanks! I'm in Canada and I expect it will be 2014 before I see the car so hopefully the constraint won't be a problem by then.
Old 08-24-2013, 01:06 AM
C7NV
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks! I'm in Canada and I expect it will be 2014 before I see the car so hopefully the constraint won't be a problem by then.
Hey gthal, I am also here in Toronto and do not expect mine until March at the earliest...carbon fibre, competition seats etc. I will let you know if I hear any news regarding an expected delivery date.
Old 08-24-2013, 05:51 AM
gthal
Safety Car

Originally Posted by C7NV
Hey gthal, I am also here in Toronto and do not expect mine until March at the earliest...carbon fibre, competition seats etc. I will let you know if I hear any news regarding an expected delivery date.
When did you place the order? Does your dealer have an allocation assigned yet or are you still at 1100?
Old 08-24-2013, 01:04 PM
C7NV
Advanced

When did you place the order? Does your dealer have an allocation assigned yet or are you still at 1100?
Made the deposit in January. They cashed it in February. I'm not in a hurry to receive the car in winter so I've not been pushing for information. I do know that they have made more than one attempt to put the order through...and have tried to talk meh out if items that had constraints.
I've told them I'm happy to wait to get what I want ( silver, 3LT red interior, carbon fibre, Z51, mag ride, npp, silver wheels, body coloured roof and a few other things I can't remember.

I was told that if I removed the carbon fibre and comp seats, I'd have it much sooner.
Old 08-24-2013, 01:11 PM
TOVetteFan
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by C7NV
Made the deposit in January. They cashed it in February. I'm not in a hurry to receive the car in winter so I've not been pushing for information. I do know that they have made more than one attempt to put the order through...and have tried to talk meh out if items that had constraints.
I've told them I'm happy to wait to get what I want ( silver, 3LT red interior, carbon fibre, Z51, mag ride, npp, silver wheels, body coloured roof and a few other things I can't remember.

I was told that if I removed the carbon fibre and comp seats, I'd have it much sooner.
This is true, but why rush instead of getting what you want... ?

I have a red Z51 2LT, stick, chromes and FE4 with grey interior coming soon, and maybe available...
Old 08-24-2013, 01:53 PM
BPhillyc8
Burning Brakes

Received 117 Likes on 33 Posts

Hi gthal. Just throwing this out there. Tom Hill told me on Thursday that you should only order them if your main purpose is to track the car. He said they are not nearly as comfortable as the GT seat. They may look cool, but I would try to sit in one first and unfortunately that opportunity is very rare.

Not trying to crush your groove...just trying to help.
Old 08-24-2013, 02:54 PM
TRAKCAR
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 32 Posts

Sorry to double post

The competition seats don't seem to have a hole in the bottom for a 5 point harness, so what's the point of the shoulder holes for a harness??

Anyone know if there is an opening in the bottom like on the Porsche competition seats?

Trying to figure out if we have to toss the seats anyway. Makes a difference because then you might as well skip on the more expensive seats and maybe stick with 1LT. If the seats can stay, I'd go 3LT.
Old 08-24-2013, 03:03 PM
C7NV
Advanced

Originally Posted by BPhillyc7
Hi gthal. Just throwing this out there. Tom Hill told me on Thursday that you should only order them if your main purpose is to track the car. He said they are not nearly as comfortable as the GT seat. They may look cool, but I would try to sit in one first and unfortunately that opportunity is very rare.

Not trying to crush your groove...just trying to help.
I've read as many posts and heard as many rumours noting that they are comfortable - although tight. If you're not too wide, they should be a great seat. If however you have birthing hips or are a regular at the doughnut shop, they would not be a wise choice.
Old 08-25-2013, 05:33 PM
08 ATOMIC-Z
Drifting

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

GM engineer at Carisle told me the Competition seats were not in production yet. The final design was not done yet. All that have been seen are prototypes.

I was told the same thing about the seats as B Philly C 7. If your not tracking the car don't get the comp seats you will not like them.

Last edited by 08 ATOMIC-Z; 08-25-2013 at 05:38 PM. Reason: More info
Old 08-25-2013, 05:54 PM
RussM05
Melting Slicks

Received 1,015 Likes on 365 Posts

Originally Posted by 08 ATOMIC-Z

If your not tracking the car don't get the comp seats you will not like them.
I believe that is the bottom line. Track seats are just that....for the track. I give GM credit for offering the option for Competition sears for the track.

I don't track my car, so I ordered the GT seats and won't look back.
Old 08-25-2013, 06:12 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,956 Likes on 5,345 Posts

Originally Posted by RussM05
I believe that is the bottom line. Track seats are just that....for the track. I give GM credit for offering the option for Competition sears for the track.

I don't track my car, so I ordered the GT seats and won't look back.
Guy that went to Carlisle with me is very large (over 300 lbs). He has a C3 and a C4 Vette and says the seats don't bother him but the C7 seat was uncomfortable from the moment he sat on it. The seat bottom bolsters weren't wide enough for him so his cheeks were riding on the edges.

Bill
Old 08-25-2013, 06:53 PM
TRAKCAR
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 32 Posts

GM engineer at Carisle told me the Competition seats were not in production yet. The final design was not done yet. All that have been seen are prototypes.

I was told the same thing about the seats as B Philly C 7. If your not tracking the car don't get the comp seats you will not like them.
Thanks!
Old 08-26-2013, 03:40 AM
flatcrank
Advanced

Thanks. That makes sense (prototypes.)
The doc, here, suggests the seats will be heated and vented (but the demo seats were not perforated.)

http://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NAS...ehicleID=14722
Power lumbar, wing adjust and heating/venting available on both seating selections

Get notified of new replies

To Competition seats... a report they are now available?

Quick Reply: Competition seats... a report they are now available?