Sponsored by:

New C7 in Town

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2013, 11:36 PM
1analguy
Pro

Received 68 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by loyalsince72
Believe what you want. The first "customer" or "retail" cars were produced on Friday. A Senior Member of this forum's car was produced YESTERDAY MORNING - and it's VIN # is 006.
#006 was produced yesterday morning...and someone has already taken delivery? Wow...they really have streamlined their delivery system!
Old 08-25-2013, 05:43 AM
Daekwan06
Safety Car

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Gearhead Jim
A member of our club picked his up late this week, but I haven't seen it yet.
All I can say is that he's been honest in all of our dealings with him, and posted a pic of a dark (black?) C7 with what appears to be an Illinois dealer plate on the back. The message is "Just took delivery. Car show tomorrow and Sunday."

I'll post when I find out for sure.
Think about this Jim. You said: A member. Of your Corvette club. Has picked up his new C7. Sometime last week. But so far the only picture of it is a dark car with a dealer plate.

None of that makes sense. Anyone who is such a fan of something, to belong to a club devoted to it. Would not simply have a dark picture of the newest version of it, that has taken 9 years to arrive. I would bet money, that any Corvette customer, who belongs to a Corvette club and has actually picked up his C7 sometime last week. Would have PLENTY of clear, colorful pictures already.. and probably have them posted all over the internet (forums, email, Facebook, etc).

Do we even need mention this would be the first customer delivered C7. Making it even more of a big deal. I would imagine even the dealer he purchased the C7 from.. would be posting these pictures ALL over social media.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:29 AM
door2416
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Been seeing alot of them lately driving around in the Detroit area. Must be GM execs. My opinion is they look fantastic !
Old 08-26-2013, 12:24 PM
ZL-1
Safety Car

Received 184 Likes on 122 Posts

A member of our club picked his up late this week, but I haven't seen it yet.
If you do see the car check the last 6 numbers of the vin#.

GM's Captured Test Fleet cars' vins begin with 000001

Customer ordered cars begin with 100001

That will tell you if it is his car or GM's
Old 08-26-2013, 12:28 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by Daekwan06
Think about this Jim. You said: A member. Of your Corvette club. Has picked up his new C7. Sometime last week. But so far the only picture of it is a dark car with a dealer plate.

None of that makes sense. Anyone who is such a fan of something, to belong to a club devoted to it. Would not simply have a dark picture of the newest version of it, that has taken 9 years to arrive. I would bet money, that any Corvette customer, who belongs to a Corvette club and has actually picked up his C7 sometime last week. Would have PLENTY of clear, colorful pictures already.. and probably have them posted all over the internet (forums, email, Facebook, etc).

Do we even need mention this would be the first customer delivered C7. Making it even more of a big deal. I would imagine even the dealer he purchased the C7 from.. would be posting these pictures ALL over social media.
That dude is lying I would tell and show everyone and their mom. I would be at every meet, cruise or whatever
Old 08-26-2013, 01:39 PM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

Received 172 Likes on 138 Posts

Was it Blue with Samsonite Luggage?
Old 08-26-2013, 01:44 PM
TD-Machines
Race Director

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I seen one Saturday, then Sunday my wife said it drove past my house I was out on my motorcycle.
Old 08-26-2013, 01:51 PM
WaxWeekly
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Daekwan06

When I get my delivery I can assure you - You might get a quick snap or two in the first few days, because I'll be too busy driving.

Quick Reply: New C7 in Town