Detroit Free Press; Corvette Purists, Stop Your Complaining

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 06:06 PM
kozmic
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 609 Likes on 273 Posts

Originally Posted by Sin City
Wikipedia has an update on the evolutionary chart of the Dinosaurs.

And thus the fire is fanned once more... how ironic that the view of this particular flavor of C6 is the only view most C7's will see for a long time...

Last edited by kozmic; 08-25-2013 at 06:08 PM.
Old 08-25-2013, 06:08 PM
Sin City
Le Mans Master

Received 4,116 Likes on 1,470 Posts
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Originally Posted by kozmic
And thus the fire is fanned once more... how ironic that the view of this particular ZR1 is the only view most C7's will see for a long time...
1) it's a joke

2) it's just a car

3) some people can't get a joke and some people think their car is their children
Old 08-25-2013, 06:11 PM
kozmic
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 609 Likes on 273 Posts

Originally Posted by Sin City
1) it's a joke

2) it's just a car

3) some people can't get a joke and some people think their car is their children
1) that's pretty obvious

2) very true

3) some people just can't stop fanning a fire that really needs to be let to flame out...

Old 08-25-2013, 06:32 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The Corvette has been many different things to many different people.

Given how many different generations of Corvette there have been and how different each one has been, I find it hard to view anyone as a 'Corvette purist'. The definition I would use is someone who keeps their Corvette as stock as is possible, no matter what year or model of Corvette it is.
Old 08-25-2013, 06:34 PM
B747VET
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 861 Likes on 404 Posts

As one of the great behaviorists said back in the 1960's, "The greatest threat that mankind will face in the 21st century is neither nuclear war, nor pestilence, nor famine, terrible as those things may be."

"No, the greatest threat mankind will face is the amount of change that will be taking place and the ever increasing rate at which it will occur."

I guess he must have been a Corvette designer too.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:04 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

What I find amazing is that the Detroit Free Press would go to the trouble to write an article telling three people on the Corvette Forum to get over it, because those three people state their opinion about the C7's styling.

Unless there is more to the story..........
Old 08-25-2013, 07:10 PM
C6Chicago
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by george vee
I like the rear end, it's the part of my C7 that most will see......

I don't mind change at all as long as its attractive and in good taste. However the back of the C7 is not. GM must have paid the guy off to write that. If GM was so into making C7 look different why did they continue to go with the four center loaded pipes a design Corvette has had for 16 years now????

Last edited by C6Chicago; 08-25-2013 at 07:21 PM.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:16 PM
DanTheFireman
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by kozmic
And thus the fire is fanned once more... how ironic that the view of this particular flavor of C6 is the only view most C7's will see for a long time...
If that's the farthest from your ZR that my C7 gets I will be elated. If the C7 version is on par with the C6 ZR much less better, I'll trade up just because, even knowing that I'll never drive it to its' full capability.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:19 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Originally Posted by JoesC5
What I find amazing is that the Detroit Free Press would go to the trouble to write an article telling three people on the Corvette Forum to get over it, because those three people state their opinion about the C7's styling.

Unless there is more to the story..........
There was a lot more to the story when so many bitched about no popup headlights on the C6. So what? Purists, it would seem, are frequently stuck in neutral and thank goodness the Corvette team isn't.

Corvette is a moving target just like all of it's competition is. Those who see themselves as purists might as well buy used Corvettes because those are the only ones that will be standing still.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:27 PM
C6Chicago
Advanced

Originally Posted by BlueOx
There was a lot more to the story when so many bitched about no popup headlights on the C6. So what? Purists, it would seem, are frequently stuck in neutral and thank goodness the Corvette team isn't.

Corvette is a moving target just like all of it's competition is. Those who see themselves as purists might as well buy used Corvettes because those are the only ones that will be standing still.
The sales of this car appear slow. There seems to still be a lot of allocation unsold. It will be interesting how well this car is selling in 2016 that will be the real "tale".
Old 08-25-2013, 07:29 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Originally Posted by BlueOx

Are you saying that there are more people that don't like the C7's styling then those on this forum? I thought the fanbois keep saying that EVERYONE loves the C7's rear end and taillights, except for the three HATER's on this forum.

All the article did was to point out that a large number of people don't like the C7's styling, by publishing the article. The Detroit Free Press exposed the problem, not resolved it. You don't write about a problem if it is non existent.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:31 PM
C6Chicago
Advanced

Are you saying that there are more people that don't like the C7's styling then those on this forum? I thought the fanbois keep saying that EVERYONE loves the C7's rear end and taillights, except for the three HATER's on this forum.

All the article did was to point out that a large number of people don't like the C7's styling, by publishing the article. The Detroit Free Press exposed the problem, not resolved it. You don't write about a problem if it is non existent.
Exactly!
Old 08-25-2013, 07:46 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Originally Posted by C6Chicago
The sales of this car appear slow. There seems to still be a lot of allocation unsold. It will be interesting how well this car is selling in 2016 that will be the real "tale".
Agreed. Why is the third largest Corvette dealer trying to sell this car, if all the C7's are all sold out for months and months as some want you to believe?

"Default Early 2014 Available For Sale NOW!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This car without having EXACT dates is a car coming VERY soon....Car was ordered in FIRST consensus!

Available for sale....current status at posting 3400! Meaning this should be a September arrival - will certainly be one of the first ones coming...."

2014 STINGRAY Z51 COUPE

CYBER GREY
BROWNSTONE INTERIOR

$53,800
$995 dest
3LT PKG $8005
(MYC)AUTOMATIC-$1350
(556)SUEDE INSET FOR SEATS - $395
(IWE)SUEDE PILLAR TRIM OPTION- $995
(FE4)MAGNETIC RIDE CONTROL - $1795
(NPP) DUAL MODE EXHAUST-$1195
(FAY) CARBON FIBER DASH TRIM - $995
(Q7E) CHROME WHEELS - $1995
(ERI) BATTERY PROTECTION - $100
(VK3) FRONT PLATE BRACKET - WE DO NOT INSTALL! - $15

MSRP $71,635

Last edited by JoesC5; 08-25-2013 at 07:50 PM.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:50 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

Are you kidding? Because the first 6 months of allocations aren't sold out before the first cars even leave the factory you conclude that sales are slow? You are severely misinformed.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:54 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Why? Isn't the point of the article that one should except change even though they don't agree with it, just because it's "change"?
No, it isn't. It's that one should not reject change simply because it results in something that's different from what one is accustomed to. There's a difference.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:59 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Really? You have sales numbers already? Please share and verify.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:04 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Originally Posted by mpuzach
No, it isn't. It's that one should not reject change simply because it results in something that's different from what one is accustomed to. There's a difference.
If I don't reject something, isn't that the same as accepting it?

Get notified of new replies

To Detroit Free Press; Corvette Purists, Stop Your Complaining

Old 08-25-2013, 08:14 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

If I don't reject something, isn't that the same as accepting it?
You're missing the point. If you reject, don't accept, don't like, or whatever words you want to use something just because it's different from what you're used to, then you're among those to whom the author was referring. There are plenty of reasons to like or not like something; just because it's different from what we're used to is a pretty lame one. That is the point.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:36 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Are you saying that there are more people that don't like the C7's styling then those on this forum?
Read what I said...as usual, you ignore the point in hopes you can come up with something completely BS.

Read it again and try to understand, look beyond your personal hate of GM and the C7 to the truth of the situation.

Lots of people hated the C6 because it didn't have popups. Purists hated the fact that popups were taken out by team Corvette...it made no significant difference in the end to how successful the C6 was. You even bought one.

This article could have been written about the haters of the C6. No matter how many there were then, it really didn't matter to the C6's success.
Old 08-25-2013, 10:04 PM
Mariano
Pro

Received 163 Likes on 71 Posts

This thread is spiraling into the abyss. I knew I shouldn't have posted that article.

Alfie

Quick Reply: Detroit Free Press; Corvette Purists, Stop Your Complaining