Sponsored by:

Decided against buying C7...

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2013, 01:15 AM
Muscles
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 24 Posts

Default Decided against buying C7...

After spending quite some time trying to get an order to be placed the last couple of weeks and getting quite frustrated I have decided to go elsewhere with my car needs. I especially love emailing the sponsored corvette dealers on here and getting only one response, with no follow up.

The problem with this car is having to go through Chevy dealers, this is a high end car with low end service. Love the car, maybe I will look at one when the Grand Sport model arrives. GM needs to really step up their treatment of customers, especially when a majority of these orders are 60k+....

Greg
Old 09-01-2013, 01:29 AM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

It doesn't sound like you wanted a C7 all that much. Did you try picking up the phone and calling any dealers?
Old 09-01-2013, 01:39 AM
Mike O'Daniel
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Huh. I called 3 or 4. Went into one. Got their commitment and found out when they had next consensus. I returned 2 days later and we wrote up an order at MSRP and they ordered it and I got an order number that Thursday. Maybe you don't know how.
Old 09-01-2013, 01:42 AM
Stingray23
Le Mans Master

Received 603 Likes on 223 Posts

If you want something bad enough, you will do what you have to, to have it.

I agree with the dealership thing. That needs a total makeover.
Old 09-01-2013, 01:51 AM
Destrukt
Got Boost?!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-'18.'19

Buy a GTR =D
Old 09-01-2013, 02:15 AM
C7GrandSport
Safety Car

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by shayneusmc
Buy a GTR =D
Because dealing with Nissan is much better than dealing with Chevrolet
Old 09-01-2013, 02:32 AM
TorqueDriver
Instructor

Originally Posted by StingrayC7

I say if you like the car, then contact a good dealer and make it happen

This is really what it comes down to
Old 09-01-2013, 02:33 AM
1analguy
Pro

Received 68 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Muscles
After spending quite some time trying to get an order to be placed the last couple of weeks and getting quite frustrated I have decided to go elsewhere with my car needs. I especially love emailing the sponsored corvette dealers on here and getting only one response, with no follow up.

The problem with this car is having to go through Chevy dealers, this is a high end car with low end service. Love the car, maybe I will look at one when the Grand Sport model arrives. GM needs to really step up their treatment of customers, especially when a majority of these orders are 60k+....

Greg
I had a similar experience last fall when trying to order a last-minute GS. I gave up, too. None of the sponsoring dealers would answer me. Amazingly, the only non-sponsoring dealer that I contacted did eventually answer me, but it was too late (past the ordering deadline). Don't let anybody tell you that it's your fault, because it flat out isn't.

Originally Posted by shayneusmc
Buy a GTR =D
But...then he'd be stuck with an ugly Datsun.
Old 09-01-2013, 02:40 AM
TorqueDriver
Instructor

Originally Posted by Stingray23
If you want something bad enough, you will do what you have to, to have it.

Words to live by.....get'r done
Old 09-01-2013, 02:40 AM
RocketGuy3
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah... I look forward to the day when we can eliminate dealerships from the picture and buy direct from the manufacturer. That's at least one part of the world Tesla dreams of that would be pretty great, heh.
Old 09-01-2013, 02:44 AM
C7pimp
Drifting

Received 768 Likes on 245 Posts

I always give up when I'm frustrated. That's how I am successful in life.

Lol
Old 09-01-2013, 02:49 AM
Trackaholic
Pro

Received 154 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by 1analguy
But...then he'd be stuck with an ugly Datsun.
Hey now, them's fightin' words!

And to get back on topic, it sounds like the OP may be looking for a reason not to get one. I personally plan to wait for the initial rush to die down, for the factory to get into a good flow, and for dealers to get some on the lot or at least to have moved a few so they know a bit more about the car and the options.

I figure in about 6 months things will be a bit more settled, we'll know what was revealed in Detroit 2014, and we might have ideas of what some of the late availability options will be all about (data/video recording system, I'm looking at you). I'll likely be placing my order then.

-T

Last edited by Trackaholic; 09-01-2013 at 02:56 AM.
Old 09-01-2013, 04:46 AM
zland
Drifting

Received 608 Likes on 191 Posts

Buying a car is like buying anything from a loaf of bread to a house. If you got the money, it's for sale. Anyone smart enough to make enough money to buy a Corvette can easily figure out how to purchase one.
Old 09-01-2013, 04:50 AM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Well, you could always spend twice as much for a Porsche. I hear that extra $60K gets you lots of ***-kissing from the dealer every time you bring your car in for service. And from what I can see based on service bulletins and recalls, you'd be bringing it in a lot.

One way or another, something's going to suck. There's no perfect car purchase. But at least with the Corvette, you're less likely to be spending more time at the dealer than driving it.
Old 09-01-2013, 06:03 AM
jdb1218
Advanced

Originally Posted by Muscles

Greg
I ordered mine on 8/16 but I share your frustration. I also emailed several high profile dealers and didn't receive a response.

At the dealership I did end up with, the sales rep and sales manager seem clueless about allocation and consensus, the office staff is rude, and the service department waiting room looks like a DMV office from the 80s. This is a side effect of selling $50k+ cars alongside $12k+ ones.

Of course, YMMV but thus far purchasing the halo vehicle from Chevy with an MSRP north of $65k feels no different than ordering a Spark.
Old 09-01-2013, 06:35 AM
art_m
Cruising

Default C7 will be worth the effort

Hello Muscles,

Agreeing with most of the posters - email is not a replacement for the phone. Give Thomas Lopes a call at Bob Stall Chevrolet in La Mesa. Better yet, arrange some face time with him. I have also read good things on the forum about Boardwalk Chevrolet in Redwood City though I personally haven't dealt with them. Happy shopping!
Old 09-01-2013, 07:01 AM
RickConti@Coughlin
Safety Car

Received 1,554 Likes on 557 Posts

I can say personally I am behind in getting to everyone, if I could only be candid what we are going through right now.....but I'll side on humble....

Its hard to respond the way I want too in this incredibly crazy environment....people think by ordering right now, the car is coming right now and generates uneasiness that does not need to be there, but is caused by the mis information given by others. I certainly don’t appreciate the lack of info from GM to their dealers to allow us to communicate with you as we wish……I’ll address that later and privately

I spend more time over coming objections created by someone that thinks they know what they are talking about or out right lies by other stores simply to get an order from a client……

When my focus should be how excited we are to have an opportunity to assist and be a part of this great purchase, whether you are down the street or across the country.

So sir, I share in your frustration, nothing upsets me more when I cannot speak with a Corvette client, because that is what I enjoy doing….just yesterday I lost 3 precious hours of contact trying to do my job…..test driving 4 corvettes only for the client to just get up after they found out their 100,000 mile 1998 Corvette was not worth $25,000

…so if I was one of the guys lucky enough to get your request, I thank-you and apologize…proud to be a national Corvette rep since 1995, this is all I do; Corvette for Chevrolet and on this early Sunday morning trying to get caught up and glad to reply to this thread so people know we are human and there are guys from a retail level that do care

Get notified of new replies

To Decided against buying C7...

Old 09-01-2013, 07:14 AM
jdb1218
Advanced

Originally Posted by RickConti@Coughlin
I can say personally I am behind in getting to everyone, if I could only be candid what we are going through right now.....but I'll side on humble....
I was one who slipped between the cracks; I emailed you on 8/15. I understand you guys are slammed, so no worries.
Old 09-01-2013, 07:22 AM
pgway
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RocketGuy3
Yeah... I look forward to the day when we can eliminate dealerships from the picture and buy direct from the manufacturer. That's at least one part of the world Tesla dreams of that would be pretty great, heh.
Good luck with taking the car back to the Manufacturer for service!
Old 09-01-2013, 07:28 AM
pgway
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RickConti@Coughlin

Its hard to respond the way I want too in this incredibly crazy environment....people think by ordering right now, the car is coming right now and generates uneasiness that does not need to be there, but is caused by the mis information given by others. I certainly don’t appreciate the lack of info from GM to their dealers to allow us to communicate with you as we wish……I’ll address that later and privately

I spend more time over coming objections created by someone that thinks they know what they are talking about or out right lies by other stores simply to get an order from a client……

When my focus should be how excited we are to have an opportunity to assist and be a part of this great purchase, whether you are down the street or across the country.

So sir, I share in your frustration, nothing upsets me more when I cannot speak with a Corvette client, because that is what I enjoy doing….just yesterday I lost 3 precious hours of contact trying to do my job…..test driving 4 corvettes only for the client to just get up after they found out their 100,000 mile 1998 Corvette was not worth $25,000

…so if I was one of the guys lucky enough to get your request, I thank-you and apologize…proud to be a national Corvette rep since 1995, this is all I do; Corvette for Chevrolet and on this early Sunday morning trying to get caught up and glad to reply to this thread so people know we are human and there are guys from a retail level that do care
With Dealers swamped with emails. whatever happened to the old fashioned telephone call?
Let them know you are a "serious" buyer and give them a call.
I did and got GREAT service from Tommy, Jr.
Remember, there are probably over 12,000 people trying to get their orders crammed into a NOW time span!

Quick Reply: Decided against buying C7...