For those that believe the GM chat...

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 05:12 PM
AVETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 692 Likes on 277 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default For those that believe the GM chat...

We all know of the now infamously bad info that has been given out on GM's chat window with screen shots of stuff so crazy, you just have to shake your head Despite this, going crazy waiting for this car I decided to subject myself to what others have only to be given false hope, anyways... we are gluttons for punishment... I have been at status 3400 and, for the first time, they say I have a VIN ending in 780 and a TPW of 9/9... Obviously, I know this info isn't worth the screen shot it's written on LOL but I sooooooooo hope it's true!

To all of you who put down a deposit back in JANUARY (crazies like me) perhaps our day of reckoning is at long last at hand. I sold my C6 twin turbo vert back in March so it's been a LONG summer to say the least, being from the Chicagoland area, the warm weather is a short season indeed, here's to hoping to HAVE the car by October 15th, I hope it's not a pipe dream... Good luck to all of you... Please post pics when you get your car and your initial impressions...

PS I am flying to NH (MacMulkin) to pick up the car and will make the two day road trip back through the mountains of Pennsylvania on the way back to Chicago/NW Indiana. Pics and a story will follow...
Old 09-06-2013, 05:32 PM
khoeysr
Corvette fan
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 193 Likes on 100 Posts

Good luck. I hope you are right.

The more production normalizes the more reliable the info that we get from customer service will be. But regardless I think the dealer or maybe the online tracking will always be more reliable.

A little while ago it seemed Cust service was doing a Jon Lovitz impersonation ( you know the liar- " yeah that's the ticket.......")
Old 09-06-2013, 05:43 PM
Bill B 1
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

In all fairness they did stop giving out any info at all for some time, as I was told "until production actually begins" to avoid this very problem. Its just a shame they waited so long as to frustrate many early orders like us before stopping. If they are back to it now I believe it will be more accurate info. Just my humble opinion.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:39 PM
CaryKen
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by AVETTE
To all of you who put down a deposit back in JANUARY (crazies like me) ...
Gotcha beat. Deposit paid on November 16, 2012.

But then again, only two of my dealer's orders have been built to date, and I'm one of them!
Old 09-08-2013, 01:04 AM
ZL-1
Safety Car

Received 184 Likes on 122 Posts

We all know of the now infamously bad info that has been given out on GM's chat window with screen shots of stuff so crazy, you just have to shake your head Despite this, going crazy waiting for this car I decided to subject myself to what others have only to be given false hope, anyways... we are gluttons for punishment... I have been at status 3400 and, for the first time, they say I have a VIN ending in 780 and a TPW of 9/9... Obviously, I know this info isn't worth the screen shot it's written on LOL but I sooooooooo hope it's true!

To all of you who put down a deposit back in JANUARY (crazies like me) perhaps our day of reckoning is at long last at hand. I sold my C6 twin turbo vert back in March so it's been a LONG summer to say the least, being from the Chicagoland area, the warm weather is a short season indeed, here's to hoping to HAVE the car by October 15th, I hope it's not a pipe dream... Good luck to all of you... Please post pics when you get your car and your initial impressions...

PS I am flying to NH (MacMulkin) to pick up the car and will make the two day road trip back through the mountains of Pennsylvania on the way back to Chicago/NW Indiana. Pics and a story will follow...
I'm in Chicago too. Sold my Z06 today. C7 hit 3400 friday 8/23. Today it hit 3800, 2 weeks and 1 day later. #00570.

Now that production is ramping up the chat line will hopefully be more reliable. Several times this week they accurately told me the car was in production. They wouldn't give me the vin until production was complete ...but they've given it to others before their car was built
Old 09-08-2013, 01:24 AM
carczar
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ZL-1
I'm in Chicago too. Sold my Z06 today. C7 hit 3400 friday 8/23. Today it hit 3800, 2 weeks and 1 day later. #00570.

Now that production is ramping up the chat line will hopefully be more reliable. Several times this week they accurately told me the car was in production. They wouldn't give me the vin until production was complete ...but they've given it to others before their car was built
My car has been sitting at the factory for at least 10 days vin # 000191
ready to ship
Old 09-08-2013, 01:45 AM
mrrrkva
Pro

Received 108 Likes on 64 Posts

If they are at 570 right now, and making 70 a day, and TPW is the WEEK they are doing production, It may be obtainable. They should be in the 900's by Friday. Of course this is estimates

Get notified of new replies

To For those that believe the GM chat...

Quick Reply: For those that believe the GM chat...