Racer

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Hes obnoxious
Old 09-14-2013, 12:19 PM
Patriot77
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Your post is a "complete waste of time".
Old 09-14-2013, 12:25 PM
Bill B 1
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Patriot77
Your post is a "complete waste of time".
Then why waste your time with a reply??
Old 09-14-2013, 12:38 PM
Dave@Ciocca
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 1,656 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by Rad22
It's very interesting how DTMOC was so intensely flamed for her humorous post with a somewhat misleading title whereby Dave@Kerbeck was all but congratulated in a separate thread for his blatantly misleading title and rather silly, nonprofessional attempt at humor by someone who should know better.

As of a few minutes ago, not one single negative or flaming response.
First off, I think her post is great, but that's just me!

As to my unprofessional attempt at humor as you call it, you missed the point.

At the time of that post there were 4 or 5 separate posts about the cars being shipped and all of the rumors surrounding it. Since I know for a fact that no cars are shipping I thought it was easier to state that in one thread that people would be sure to read.

I'm not sure how my title was misleading since I am giving the official update and letting everyone know that it was an absolute fact the cars haven't started shipping.

Dave
Old 09-14-2013, 12:47 PM
Bill B 1
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave@Kerbeck.com

At the time of that post there were 4 or 5 separate posts about the cars being shipped and all of the rumors surrounding it. Since I know for a fact that no cars are shipping I thought it was easier to state that in one thread that people would be sure to read.

I'm not sure how my title was misleading since I am giving the official update and letting everyone know that it was an absolute fact the cars haven't started shipping.

Dave
I also enjoyed the humor in this post and in your post Dave....some people are just wound WAY too tight!
Old 09-14-2013, 01:07 PM
StingRaycer
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I appreciated the humor - some folks are really buzz kills
As to diss'n Mr. Kerbeck ... thats a different thing - nobody wants to
get their orders changed .....thats also a joke son.
Old 09-14-2013, 01:08 PM
Aviator
Le Mans Master

Received 280 Likes on 125 Posts
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

OP, funny post. I got a chuckle out of it!

There's a lot of people on this Forum who need to lighten up.

Old 09-14-2013, 01:11 PM
DocHolliday
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Dave
I found humor in both posts as well. It's likely easier to just move on to the next topic when you don't like a post, when compared to taking the time to complain about it; so I'm not sure why so many people get their panties in a bunch and complain. Either way, to each their own and I liked the humor from both Dave and DTMOC. Have a great weekend everybody....our corvettes are almost ready - smile for crying out loud!
Old 09-14-2013, 01:11 PM
Rad22
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Dave
Sorry Dave, got to call you out on this. Every single post underneath your original post took the title and your first post as a joke, as did I...no way you can "walk it back" now as a serious, informative post.

I simply made a very accurate observation that DTMOC was called out and flamed mercilessly for her post which, I think was much funnier than yours.

I agree that life on a forum is not fair. Just don't try to come back now and say your post was anything other than a joke...just like hers.
Old 09-14-2013, 01:14 PM
DocHolliday
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Sorry Dave, got to call you out on this. Every single post underneath your original post took the title and your first post as a joke, as did I...no way you can "walk it back" now as a serious, informative post.

I simply made a very accurate observation that DTMOC was called out and flamed mercilessly for her post which, I think was much funnier than yours.

I agree that life on a forum is not fair. Just don't try to come back now and say your post was anything other than a joke...just like hers.
I think his point was (and I'm taking the liberty of speaking for him so if I'm wrong shame on me) but that the post was factual and of course humorous at the same time. I don't think he's saying it wasn't laced with humor.

Last edited by DocHolliday; 09-14-2013 at 02:10 PM.
Old 09-14-2013, 01:25 PM
Michael A
Le Mans Master

Received 2,919 Likes on 1,361 Posts

Originally Posted by DoTheyMakeOtherCars?
Lighten up folks. I have a C7 coming too and am anxiously awaiting it's arrival as well. You have to admit all of these rumors and speculations and everyone getting information from reliable sources and them all saying something different is a whirlwind. I think we are all out of things to say until the cars start showing up in the real world.
Didn't your mother tell you "If you don't have something nice to say, ..."

Michael
Old 09-14-2013, 01:32 PM
BeaZt
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

I like turtles.....and fishstickd
Old 09-14-2013, 01:32 PM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

It's very interesting how DTMOC was so intensely flamed for her humorous post with a somewhat misleading title whereby Dave@Kerbeck was all but congratulated in a separate thread for his blatantly misleading title and rather silly, nonprofessional attempt at humor by someone who should know better.

As of a few minutes ago, not one single negative or flaming response.
I think (Keyword "Think") that people just keep on clicking her post and wonder why she post so many useless post. Not saying they are all useless but she may have too much time and wants to up her post count? There is a ignore button for those who don't want to see her post anymore.

I personally don't care what she post or how often she post, I could choose to ignore her threads but it is a free world and as long as she's on topic and in the right forum then she can do as she pleases.

Moderators must be asleep because this thread still isn't locked
Old 09-14-2013, 01:54 PM
Dave@Ciocca
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 1,656 Likes on 393 Posts

No problem calling me out, I can handle it!

My post was meant to be humorous and informative. You could even say satirical. I can post accurate information and attempt to make a joke out of it but not everyone finds it funny all of the time.

Another point to my post was to tell people to relax and not be so stressed about the release dates because we know they will ship as soon as they are ready.

Having said all of that, I agree with you. I'm surprised how some people attacked this post but didn't bother to come after mine. It makes no sense to me either.

Dave
Old 09-14-2013, 04:48 PM
VETTE-NV
16 Vettes and counting…..
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,144 Likes on 541 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverC6AZ
Here's a solution: If it's annoying for YOU, then you don't have to read her threads. Others got the joke, so..................
Jokes are supposed to be funny.
Old 09-15-2013, 08:22 PM
Rad22
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by VETTE-NV
Oh.... I know who you are now. The lying thief who ripped me off for a damaged console cover you said was "perfect." Amazing....you knowingly screw me and you're the one with the self righteous attitude.

I'd actually forgotten the whole damn thing but I guess you've got nothing else to think about. It must suck to be you.
Old 09-15-2013, 08:28 PM
BGCZO6
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Sort of a mixed crowd, but I thought the original post was pretty darn funny considering all the rumors we're dealing with. Making light is sometimes a good thing.

Get notified of new replies

To Here is the Scoop

Old 09-15-2013, 08:32 PM
Old Boot
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

IT was funny. And look at all the reading I got from it!!!
Thanks OP
The ones that are complaining please start you own post on poor humour, I am sure we will chime in!!
Old 09-15-2013, 08:33 PM
VETTE-NV
16 Vettes and counting…..
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,144 Likes on 541 Posts

Now THAT'S funny!!
Old 09-15-2013, 09:45 PM
genair
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1320vetteran