Sponsored by:

South Florida car to test sit in..

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 10:03 AM
brian75
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DanTheFireman
Picking mine up today or tomorrow, what time?
That's great!! Finally they released her from Jail!! I don't know what time everyone gets there. But I will go there at 6.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:09 AM
FEAR
Pro

Originally Posted by brian75
Come by Park Avenue BBQ Friday in Wellington, I am guessing a lot of us are going to meet for the first time. You can check her out. I cant believe you ordered your car from the same place and did not get her yet. And in January at that. They called me when the ordering process began in July. I went there a few weeks earlier and left a $500 deposit. I was #4 on the list. But could not get #4 when ordering started because of the CF constraints. So I chose to wait for the second round of ordering which was the next week, then I was #5. GM finally accepted my order on July 17th. Born on date was Sept 18th. So 3 months, not bad!! Hang in there, its worth the wait!
i dont think its a good idea for me to go, its just going to make me angrier, i may snap and go postal on someone soon, and seeing everyone else with their cars before me may just be what puts me over the edge
Old 10-02-2013, 12:34 PM
brian75
Advanced

Originally Posted by FEAR
i dont think its a good idea for me to go, its just going to make me angrier, i may snap and go postal on someone soon, and seeing everyone else with their cars before me may just be what puts me over the edge
Your car is Bayed. That's just waiting to be loaded on the truck now. Once it hits 4200 it will be a few days to get here. Your a week behind the rest of us. Next week you should have yours, maybe sooner if it ships today. So come out, drink some beers and have a good time. Beers are on me!!
Old 10-05-2013, 12:58 AM
St!ngray
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 253 Likes on 164 Posts

Just want to thank the 2 members that came by with their new C7's.
A white one and a Red one.
People were taking pictures, and really enjoying the new C7.
Old 10-05-2013, 01:16 AM
Slow Vette
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

congrats on the new rides guys!

I just went to the Chevrolet website, and they have one in Pembroke pines for sale. its a 3lt z51 7speed manual going for 75k!! same amount I paid for my RF Z06 for!

i'm wondering how much did you all pay for a C7??
Old 10-05-2013, 04:45 AM
DanTheFireman
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Slow Vette
congrats on the new rides guys!

I just went to the Chevrolet website, and they have one in Pembroke pines for sale. its a 3lt z51 7speed manual going for 75k!! same amount I paid for my RF Z06 for!

i'm wondering how much did you all pay for a C7??
Since you're asking, my '08 2lz Z06 msrp was $74,600 and I paid $68,800 plus a $500 dealer fee on 1/6/08. My 2014 3lt Z51 (equivalent to a 10lt or higher C6) msrp was $69,250 and I paid $68,750 with no dealer fee. The Z06 came with cast 18/19 wheels, GY runcraps and a worrisome engine tick, the C7 came with forged 19/20 wheels, incredible Michelins and a purring state-of-the-art engine that lets me hear the glorious multi-adjustable exhaust with five different driving modes.

The C6Z had pitiful seats with pleather that got hard and brittle even with meticulous applications of conditioner in an interior layout akin to my old Tahoe, with a marginal at best stereo, no NAV. In the C7 my vastly unworthy skinny butt is cuddled in glove soft napa leather, infinitely adjustable, comfy cooled seats in an interior that makes me feel like I'm driving a pricey exotic, with NAV, cool and much needed backup camera, and a superb stereo with built-in noise reduction. Oh yeah, the exposed carbon fiber roof (kinda like the $120k C6 ZR1) comes off easily and weighs only 16 pounds.
This is almost six years later, I don't exactly know what the inflation factor would be but it's something to consider in the equation.

Even at 75k for the car you mentioned in Pembroke Pines, it sounds to me like someone will be getting one helluva deal; EEK!!

Last edited by DanTheFireman; 10-05-2013 at 05:07 AM.
Old 10-05-2013, 05:49 PM
Slow Vette
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Since you're asking, my '08 2lz Z06 msrp was $74,600 and I paid $68,800 plus a $500 dealer fee on 1/6/08. My 2014 3lt Z51 (equivalent to a 10lt or higher C6) msrp was $69,250 and I paid $68,750 with no dealer fee. The Z06 came with cast 18/19 wheels, GY runcraps and a worrisome engine tick, the C7 came with forged 19/20 wheels, incredible Michelins and a purring state-of-the-art engine that lets me hear the glorious multi-adjustable exhaust with five different driving modes.

The C6Z had pitiful seats with pleather that got hard and brittle even with meticulous applications of conditioner in an interior layout akin to my old Tahoe, with a marginal at best stereo, no NAV. In the C7 my vastly unworthy skinny butt is cuddled in glove soft napa leather, infinitely adjustable, comfy cooled seats in an interior that makes me feel like I'm driving a pricey exotic, with NAV, cool and much needed backup camera, and a superb stereo with built-in noise reduction. Oh yeah, the exposed carbon fiber roof (kinda like the $120k C6 ZR1) comes off easily and weighs only 16 pounds.
This is almost six years later, I don't exactly know what the inflation factor would be but it's something to consider in the equation.

Even at 75k for the car you mentioned in Pembroke Pines, it sounds to me like someone will be getting one helluva deal; EEK!!

everything you have said is true, including the inflation factor, and is all very nice BUT, for a 75k sticker price(C7 Stingray )that still prices out a few people who 6 years purchased a C6 for around 50k. you also have to realize, most people still make the same amount money as they did 6 yrs ago. I just feel it is a little over priced, and thought it would be more around 65k.

I saw that car today in Pembroke pines. it was black, the car looks shorter in person! definitely more modern look than a C6

I will definitely be looking at getting the new higher end version when they come out, since the C7 is too slow for my taste

Last edited by Slow Vette; 10-05-2013 at 05:59 PM.
Old 10-05-2013, 09:08 PM
DanTheFireman
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Slow Vette
everything you have said is true, including the inflation factor, and is all very nice BUT, for a 75k sticker price(C7 Stingray )that still prices out a few people who 6 years purchased a C6 for around 50k. you also have to realize, most people still make the same amount money as they did 6 yrs ago. I just feel it is a little over priced, and thought it would be more around 65k.

I saw that car today in Pembroke pines. it was black, the car looks shorter in person! definitely more modern look than a C6

I will definitely be looking at getting the new higher end version when they come out, since the C7 is too slow for my taste
That's cool. Honestly, I like this car so much that it may stick around for awhile. Then again, you know how those tricky devils always manage to worm their ways into our wallets. Good luck on your plan, hope the next one is all you're hoping for and more.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:27 AM
Redline Motorsports
Melting Slicks

Received 124 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by brian75
Finally showed up!!
[IMG][/IMG]
Bad *** combo! We where going to order white but my marketing team bitched we had too many white cars and unfortunately white does photograph great....the black wheels tie it all in!

We ended up getting Laguna Blue with red gut and I love it!

Congrats on the car.....if your down our way, Sample/Powerline I'd like to check it out.

Howard
Old 10-06-2013, 08:28 AM
Redline Motorsports
Melting Slicks

That's cool. Honestly, I like this car so much that it may stick around for awhile. Then again, you know how those tricky devils always manage to worm their ways into our wallets. Good luck on your plan, hope the next one is all you're hoping for and more.
Dan congrats on getting your wheels!

Howard
Old 10-06-2013, 08:39 AM
DanTheFireman
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Redline Motorsports
Dan congrats on getting your wheels!

Howard
Thanks Howard! I can't wait to get down and check out your shop and see what you do with yours.
Old 10-15-2013, 03:16 AM
formula80_ca
Pro

Received 55 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by 1bdvet
If you have one, and if not, drop by and get cup coffee and show off your C7, or present Corvette

Cars & Coffee Meet and Greet

Dunkin Donuts
1020 Gateway Blvd.
Boynton Beach, FL 33426

9AM - 11AM

Classic and Modern Muscle Cars, Supercars and Exotics are all welcome to come on out.

[/QUOTE]

I'm flying into Ft. Lauderdale the night before the Oct. 20th one, so I'll be there. I hope as many new c7 owners that can possibily make it will be there too. Hoping for many exterior and interior colour combos. See you there.
Clive

Last edited by formula80_ca; 10-15-2013 at 06:55 PM.
Old 10-19-2013, 03:36 AM
formula80_ca
Pro

So, how many of you lucky south Florida new C7 owners going to be at the cars & coffee in Boynton beach this Sunday?
Old 10-19-2013, 07:28 AM
Bat7Man
Racer

I am going to try and make an appearance.
Old 10-19-2013, 07:45 AM
2vetteEd
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Redline Motorsports
Hope to see a good group of C7 guys at some of our "Cars and Coffee" events we are planing here shortly!

Our 7 is in route and hope to see it within the next 7-12 days...

Howard
Howard,

When do you plan to start a "Cars & Coffee" event? It would be nice to have one locally, and not have to drive to Boynton Beach.
Old 10-19-2013, 07:47 AM
VNAMVET
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by Bat7Man
Nice to see some local people around here. I am 5 minutes from you AK. I ordered from AutoNation in Greenacres.
I picked up my C7 on Oct 11. I wish I lived closer a little closer to you guys! I live in Central Florida near Lakeland.
Old 10-19-2013, 07:47 AM
DanTheFireman
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by formula80_ca
So, how many of you lucky south Florida new C7 owners going to be at the cars & coffee in Boynton beach this Sunday?
I'm looking forward to it, there were some beautiful cars there last month. There will be at least one TR C7.

Get notified of new replies

To South Florida car to test sit in..

Old 10-19-2013, 07:56 AM
brian75
Advanced

Originally Posted by formula80_ca
I will see you guys tomorrow.
Old 10-19-2013, 08:43 AM
Redline Motorsports
Melting Slicks

If any of you south FLA guys are interested we are planning some CC events at the shop here in Pompano here shortly.....if you send me a PM or e mail we will get you on the direct list.

send it to howard@redline-motorsports.net

We got 30 Vettes showing up here in an hour as we are holding a tech session for one of the vette clubs based out of down here...

Our CC events will have a similar feel!

Enjoy the day!

HT
Old 10-19-2013, 05:23 PM
formula80_ca
Pro

Originally Posted by Bat7Man
I am going to try and make an appearance.
I'd appreciate the effort Bat7man. I'm currently waiting out a 4 hour flight delay in Houston so by the time we get to bed 9am will come quickly. Hope to see atleast a few C7s.

Quick Reply: South Florida car to test sit in..