C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nashville Quarantine Inmates - Post Complaints Here!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 03:03 PM
Bill B 1
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by billbunton
My car arrived in Nashville the 20th, was released on the 27th, and arrived at the museum on the 28th. So there is hope :-)
Is it a Z51?? There is a post saying that non Z51 cars are being released (truckload of NON Z51 cars at the dealer)
Old 10-01-2013, 03:37 PM
ufaj26
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 267 Likes on 134 Posts

My dealer in Atlanta just received two from Nashville today. Just showed up no prior notice they were coming. They had been Nashville about 2 weeks. Maybe things are starting to move from there. He does not know why they were there just in case someone may ask.
Old 10-01-2013, 04:25 PM
billbunton
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill B 1
Is it a Z51?? There is a post saying that non Z51 cars are being released (truckload of NON Z51 cars at the dealer)
Yup, Z51 with exposed CF top and FAY :-)
Old 10-01-2013, 05:13 PM
Bill B 1
Drifting

I was just contacted by dealer and they show my car vin 151 was released from the pen to ship on the 27th and shows shipping on the 28th. Invoice came in just a few minutes ago!! Z51 MRC with all the Cf options. GMer still shows bayed however but not updated yet today.
I'll try not to get TOO excited till I see it in the lot!!
Old 10-01-2013, 05:21 PM
0WildVettes
Former Vendor

Received 81 Likes on 77 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

I want to play a game...

How high will the C7 VINs getting shipped go before you receive your cars? 2500s on their way out now. Bwahahahahahahahahaha

This is what you get for your greed....your desire to be first....your shear vanity at wanting to have something before everyone else...how long will you wait before you give up...how long can you hold on?
Old 10-01-2013, 05:26 PM
michael m baily
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

I was just contacted by dealer and they show my car vin 151 was released from the pen to ship on the 27th and shows shipping on the 28th. Invoice came in just a few minutes ago!! Z51 MRC with all the Cf options. GMer still shows bayed however but not updated yet today.
Hey Bill please let us know when it arrives, I am in Seattle vin#368, was bayed and would like to think there truly is a truck headed west, maybe mine is on it too....it is cyber grey with chrome wheels, my dealer said it was shipped, but he has no invoice at this time....keep us informed...i"ll be thinking good thoughts for you!!
Old 10-01-2013, 05:26 PM
drtonyprimo
Racer

This is such a cluster f*ck that I'm seriously considering just cancelling my order. I already relayed these feelings to my dealer (why should he care....he'll just sell it to someone else)!

I am VIN #518.

My concern is this.......All of us that have been "bayed" in Nashville....for weeks. None of us has any idea what's going on down there and no one tells us anything.

We ordered a brand new car obviously hoping that it would come off the line in "perfect" working order. And now....we know that all of our cars in Nashville have something wrong with them.

If we went to a dealer......to buy a vehicle off of the floor....and was informed that the car had issues from the factory.....and was sent to the factories' Purgatory......to have these issues addressed and taken care of.......

Would ANY of us purchase that car off of the floor.......or wait for another one that didn't have to go to Purgatory????

We want these cars so badly......are we being fools???
Old 10-01-2013, 05:36 PM
SnowyATX
Safety Car

Received 312 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by billbunton
My car arrived in Nashville the 20th, was released on the 27th, and arrived at the museum on the 28th. So there is hope :-)
Feel very bad for everyone in this situation. I'd be livid. I hope it's something minor and it's a case that their "FIFO" first in first out system just sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup
Old 10-01-2013, 06:08 PM
Bill B 1
Drifting

Originally Posted by michael m baily
Hey Bill please let us know when it arrives, I am in Seattle vin#368, was bayed and would like to think there truly is a truck headed west, maybe mine is on it too....it is cyber grey with chrome wheels, my dealer said it was shipped, but he has no invoice at this time....keep us informed...i"ll be thinking good thoughts for you!!
I will definitely post it up!! In Montana I was wondering where the geographic area would include to fill the truck....don't know if that will include your area or not, it would seem that there would be enough to fill trucks to your region alone and Montana would be included with Wyoming, N & S Dakota, maybe Nebraska and at least parts of Idaho, possibly Colorado and Utah as well.....whatever the case I hope it is soon!!
Old 10-01-2013, 06:08 PM
C06
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just got news from CS that my car went to nashville. Built on 9-19 vin 1410
Old 10-01-2013, 06:25 PM
Drake Heminger
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by WildVettes

I want to play a game...

How high will the C7 VINs getting shipped go before you receive your cars? 2500s on their way out now. Bwahahahahahahahahaha

This is what you get for your greed....your desire to be first....your shear vanity at wanting to have something before everyone else...how long will you wait before you give up...how long can you hold on?

Lol that's hilarious
Old 10-01-2013, 06:38 PM
michael m baily
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

I will definitely post it up!! In Montana I was wondering where the geographic area would include to fill the truck....don't know if that will include your area or not, it would seem that there would be enough to fill trucks to your region alone and Montana would be included with Wyoming, N & S Dakota, maybe Nebraska and at least parts of Idaho, possibly Colorado and Utah as well.....whatever the case I hope it is soon!!
So far there has been no info. on trucks or cars in the NW, yours is the first I have heard of, Billings is straight shot to Seattle, there are six dealers in Seattle area, some in Spokane so if no stops to get to you I may have a chance, I am #1 at my dealer !
Old 10-01-2013, 06:57 PM
Bill B 1
Drifting

Originally Posted by michael m baily
So far there has been no info. on trucks or cars in the NW, yours is the first I have heard of, Billings is straight shot to Seattle, there are six dealers in Seattle area, some in Spokane so if no stops to get to you I may have a chance, I am #1 at my dealer !
How long have you been bayed??
Old 10-01-2013, 07:13 PM
Pisswilly
Melting Slicks

Received 834 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by C06
Just got news from CS that my car went to nashville. Built on 9-19 vin 1410
Congrats, welcome to Corvette hell!
Old 10-01-2013, 07:18 PM
BRCC
Melting Slicks

Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts

Well my invoice came on 9/27, GM'er list showed 5000, dealers on line inventory showed cars delivered and not in transit. Car originally sent to Nashville on 8/17.

Just received this from my dealer:

Your car is still in Nashville with my other car and there is no estimated time of delivery.

No one can explain why these cars are getting event 5000 put on them but they are.

Wish I had better news but that’s all I have for now.

The two cars VINs are 170 & 261 one is a 3LT Z the other is a 3LT (No Z)

Go figure
Old 10-01-2013, 07:21 PM
zhopper05
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 99 Likes on 74 Posts
2015 C7 of Year Finalist

Please keep us posted. My dealer received the invoice last week and the window sticker yesterday, and it is still showing Bayed in the system.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:01 PM
callchuck
Intermediate

Default This will **** you off

I ordered my car here in Atlanta instead of Hendrick in Kansas. I was promised I would get my car as one of the first in the area. I ordered my car in June build date complete and en route on Sept 13 to dealer vin 956. My friend ordered his Stingray from Hendrick in Kansas in August vin number 1756. I saw on the forum today that 3 cars were at a dealer close to my home so I called my friend and told him Auto Nation had 3 Stingrays lets go look at them before they get delivered. As soon as we got there he said that is the same car he ordered, and after we looked closer at the car and vin number it was confirmed that was his car and it is being delivered at Auto Nation for Hendrick in Kansas.

So how can his car get delivered before mine with the same equipment ordered over a month later from a dealer out of state. I called my dealer to raise hell and he said it was still bayed in Nashville. WTF!

Get notified of new replies

To Nashville Quarantine Inmates - Post Complaints Here!!!

Old 10-01-2013, 08:08 PM
0WildVettes
Former Vendor

Received 81 Likes on 77 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by callchuck
I ordered my car here in Atlanta instead of Hendrick in Kansas. I was promised I would get my car as one of the first in the area. I ordered my car in June build date complete and en route on Sept 13 to dealer vin 956. My friend ordered his Stingray from Hendrick in Kansas in August vin number 1756. I saw on the forum today that 3 cars were at a dealer close to my home so I called my friend and told him Auto Nation had 3 Stingrays lets go look at them before they get delivered. As soon as we got there he said that is the same car he ordered, and after we looked closer at the car and vin number it was confirmed that was his car and it is being delivered at Auto Nation for Hendrick in Kansas.

So how can his car get delivered before mine with the same equipment ordered over a month later from a dealer out of state. I called my dealer to raise hell and he said it was still bayed in Nashville. WTF!
I am sure your dealer and GM said they were very sorry, gave you $1000 in GM Accessories and then Gave you a run down of what happened with your car and an estimated ETA right?
Old 10-01-2013, 08:29 PM
callchuck
Intermediate

Originally Posted by WildVettes
I am sure your dealer and GM said they were very sorry, gave you $1000 in GM Accessories and then Gave you a run down of what happened with your car and an estimated ETA right?
NOPE! All they said was sorry and the same thing happened with the Camaro> They will keep me posted everyday until the car arrives. As I write this another friend of mine who ordered after me from Jim Ellis here in Atlanta picked his up today and just texted me a pic of it. That makes 2 cars ordered after mine that have been delivered while my car sits in Nashville. I do not understand and now I will not accept any excuse for the bayed in Nashville for QC. I ordered my car early to be one of the first driving it not the last. All of my friends who ordered were jealous because my car was produced and en-route before their cars were even built.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:56 PM
callchuck
Intermediate

I was just told that the cars in Nashville are bayed because of the auto lock system is having trouble.

Quick Reply: Nashville Quarantine Inmates - Post Complaints Here!!!