Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 08:12 AM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,485 Likes on 1,947 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Originally Posted by Zurbo
Now it will be interesting to find out who made the panel. Sharp, Samsung, Toshiba, Phillips, Hitachi?

You have the bad kind of stuck pixel which are the stuck on variety. Would hope these are considered class A panels which most quality conscious manufacturers will replace for more than one stuck pixel (including sub pixel).

Of course these "sub pixel" rules differ greatly by manufacturer which are different meaning one Red, Green, or Blue sub pixel element being stuck on may or may not constitute a bad "pixel".
I thought I read somewhere there are only about four manufacturers of LCD screens? I also thought Corning was one of them.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:07 AM
Goaty
Pro

Received 199 Likes on 88 Posts

I am a bit OCD and this would drive me crazy. I would focus on it and get annoyed every time I drove the car. I would want the panel replaced but then you have the risk of someone at the dealership screwing something up or damaging your car.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:19 AM
Walt White Coupe
Race Director

Received 2,240 Likes on 1,149 Posts

If it drives you crazy, you are crazy. Live with it.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:27 AM
b4i4getit
Le Mans Master

Received 285 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by Walt White Coupe
If it drives you crazy, you are crazy. Live with it.
I tend to agree with this. Even if you get them to replace the unit you could end up with another unit with bad pixels not to mention some guy at the dealership scratching your dash trying to replace the unit. I think there will be some magic number of bad pixels before they will replace the unit just like with the television manufacturers.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:29 AM
travisnd
Safety Car

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

I'd let it ride until the end of warranty period to see if it gets worse at all. Then get them replaced before the warranty is up.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:36 AM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by travisnd
I'd let it ride until the end of warranty period to see if it gets worse at all. Then get them replaced before the warranty is up.
I'm probably going to just leave it alone. When the displays all lit and bright I can't really notice it.

I won't have it up till the end of the warranty so that won't matter!
Old 10-09-2013, 03:08 PM
EZEZ
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm interested in how bad it has to be before replacing. when i got my first ipad, i noticed a pixel out off to the side. apple said replacements only occur if the pixel is toward the middle of the screen or if you have more than just a few toward the outside.
Old 10-09-2013, 03:17 PM
speedlink
Safety Car

Received 599 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by DAFFYDRUNK
That first pic looks like it has 2 bad pixels. That would drive me crazy. If it's a $120 monitor it's one thing, but a $60K car? This car is cool but damn, how many problem areas are there?
There are thousands of parts in all cars. So there are thousands of potential problems in all cars.

Nothing new to mechanical systems. Look at all the problems that occur daily on airplanes. The same thing.
Old 10-09-2013, 03:45 PM
Dusty Starbucks
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by speedlink
There are thousands of parts in all cars. So there are thousands of potential problems in all cars.

Nothing new to mechanical systems. Look at all the problems that occur daily on airplanes. The same thing.
I don't think this is acceptable. It wasn't acceptable on my Infiniti and I have never heard anyone having the problem. Remember, this is not a massively high def screen. It wouldn't be acceptable on a $500 iPad, a $400 phone so tell me why again is it acceptable as an integrated device on a $70K car? If GM set the acceptable criteria for this to anything less than 100% of the pixels working, shame on them and they should fix it. I would make them. And if they are lot accepting and letting problems through, they need to go to 100% test at recieving!

Come on, Man!

Quick Reply: Stuck Pixels in LCD Displays?