C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone else have a HUD that is slightly tilted?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 09:13 PM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

Default Anyone else have a HUD that is slightly tilted?

My HUD seems to be slightly tilted and not level. Anyone else have that issue? Yes I'm being picky but this is something that is in my face so I can't help but notice.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:14 PM
Rad22
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by runutzzzzz
My HUD seems to be slightly tilted and not level. Anyone else have that issue? Yes I'm being picky but this is something that is in my face so I can't help but notice.
I thought mine was...tt's not actually...it's an optical illusion related to slope of hood. Seriously.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:17 PM
0Andrew6@TheDoubleAA
Former Vendor

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Houston Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12, '14
I believe in the Beer Fairy

they're similar to the c6 so you can adjust it.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:31 PM
george vee
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,073 Likes on 532 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

I thought mine was tilted till I put the G meter on and it's straight with the hood.
Old 10-09-2013, 05:38 AM
George36
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

It definitely appears that way. If I move my head to the left a bit, maybe more centered in the seat, the HUD seems more centered as well.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:17 AM
MeanDean43
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My God, if you close both eyes, the HUD disappears completely. It's obviously a computer error caused by 'rushing the car into production', and high time time for a 'recall'!
Old 10-09-2013, 10:22 AM
Hot Rod Todd
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

I talked to another C7 owner last night, and we both thought the HUD leans to the right. It may be an optical illusion due to the hood angle, but it can sure be bothersome. I held a ruler up, and it seems like it may be slightly leaning.

I didn't ask the dealer, it would be nice if there was a way to adust it. The panel on the dash only allows for straight up and down adjustment.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:56 AM
Magister Ludi
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Hot Rod Todd
I talked to another C7 owner last night, and we both thought the HUD leans to the right. It may be an optical illusion due to the hood angle, but it can sure be bothersome. I held a ruler up, and it seems like it may be slightly leaning.

I didn't ask the dealer, it would be nice if there was a way to adust it. The panel on the dash only allows for straight up and down adjustment.
Same here.
Old 10-09-2013, 01:23 PM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by MeanDean43
My God, if you close both eyes, the HUD disappears completely. It's obviously a computer error caused by 'rushing the car into production', and high time time for a 'recall'!
If you close both eyes in front of the computer screen it disappears too! That way you don't have to see these threads!
Old 10-09-2013, 02:51 PM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

Received 172 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by runutzzzzz
You are not being picky......This QC stuff is unreal! This is kind of expected on a 20k car....not a 50-60k one. Maybe they rushed these due to all the bitching!
Old 10-09-2013, 04:20 PM
speedlink
Safety Car

Received 599 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by MeanDean43
Old 10-09-2013, 04:21 PM
speedlink
Safety Car

Received 599 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by sam90lx
You are not being picky......This QC stuff is unreal! This is kind of expected on a 20k car....not a 50-60k one. Maybe they rushed these due to all the bitching!
Old 10-09-2013, 04:32 PM
CaptRat
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmmmm, if mine was rushed then maybe they should rush all of them. I picked up my car last night and have spent the day driving it and going over it looking for all the reported flaws. Know what I found? Nada, nothing.

Shots lines and gaps are uniform and true. Paint is excellent. Interior trim is aligned with no observable flaws. Car drives great with no odd noises or vibrations. All the toys and electronics (at least what I've gone through) work as advertised or better.

Like many others, the ride height on mine is a little high and I may lower it. I'm going to drive it a bit first and let the suspension settle and see how close I am on speed bumps and driveway entrances.

If I had to complain about anything (hey, it's the forum... complaints are required) it's something that I lightly complain about in every new car I've owned since the addition of airbags. And that's the ridiculously large warning signs on the visors. Maybe 20 years ago when airbags were high end options warning labels were a good safety item. Not any more. The warning signs need to move into the 21st century.

But I will say this, I'm having so much fun driving this fun-mobile that I only notice the airbag signs for a second before I press the start button.

Rat
Old 10-09-2013, 04:35 PM
C7MSRP
Intermediate

Great comments.
Old 10-09-2013, 04:35 PM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

Received 172 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptRat
Hmmmm, if mine was rushed then maybe they should rush all of them. I picked up my car last night and have spent the day driving it and going over it looking for all the reported flaws. Know what I found? Nada, nothing.

Shots lines and gaps are uniform and true. Paint is excellent. Interior trim is aligned with no observable flaws. Car drives great with no odd noises or vibrations. All the toys and electronics (at least what I've gone through) work as advertised or better.

Like many others, the ride height on mine is a little high and I may lower it. I'm going to drive it a bit first and let the suspension settle and see how close I am on speed bumps and driveway entrances.

If I had to complain about anything (hey, it's the forum... complaints are required) it's something that I lightly complain about in every new car I've owned since the addition of airbags. And that's the ridiculously large warning signs on the visors. Maybe 20 years ago when airbags were high end options warning labels were a good safety item. Not any more. The warning signs need to move into the 21st century.

But I will say this, I'm having so much fun driving this fun-mobile that I only notice the airbag signs for a second before I press the start button.

Rat
Congrats on yours being fine....I'm sure many others around here had hoped for the same!
Old 10-09-2013, 04:38 PM
Bill B 1
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptRat

Rat
And I'm sure we can find some colored duct tape to fix that issue!!
Old 10-09-2013, 04:56 PM
CaptRat
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Congrats on yours being fine....I'm sure many others around here had hoped for the same!
Indeed. I certainly expected some minor imperfections. I've had a couple of bad experiences with new cars, so I'm not immune to build/quality issues on a car fresh from the factory. I suspect I'm not the only one that got a good one, though. If mine came out as good as it did, there must be many others close to that.

Rat

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone else have a HUD that is slightly tilted?

Old 10-09-2013, 04:57 PM
khoeysr
Corvette fan
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 190 Likes on 98 Posts

Default Visor decals - any graphic artists out there?

When I joined the CTS V forum after I got my coupe one of the members created a sticker that fit over those hideous warning labels. I don't have it to post, but it featured a cool silhouette of the Vcoupe against a black background, in your choice of a couple of colors, referenced the supercharged 556 HP engine, and listed the born on date of your car. He could get you a pair for $20. I know he sold an few sets cuz a lot of us wanted those fugly things covered.

Any graphic artists out there?

Old 10-09-2013, 04:57 PM
yellowsnow
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it does lean slightly to the right. If you line it up on a dstant line, like siding, a garage door, or level line, it is slightly askew
Old 10-10-2013, 09:28 AM
trivette
Melting Slicks

Received 122 Likes on 87 Posts

I thought it was just me at first, but after reading these comments and looking at mine again there is definitely a slight right downturn.

Quick Reply: Anyone else have a HUD that is slightly tilted?