Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 seat is killing my back

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2014, 09:50 PM
z51vett
Le Mans Master

Received 277 Likes on 169 Posts

What color seat is this 3lt, if they are and they are light gray I may have a swap for you.
Z51vett
Doug
Old 03-10-2014, 01:39 PM
LT1xL82
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeffer
and a merry Christmas to you and yours

Jeffer
Old 03-20-2014, 10:46 AM
buntypatel1984
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey

I just bought a c7. It's killing my back. Where can I find this?

Originally Posted by cattman
Hey friend, my wife specializes in treating scoliosis with a revolutionary new brace (Spinecor) that is band-based, you wear it under your clothes, and unlike hard braces of yore it not only reduces cobb angles but strengthens the muscles that typically atrophy. Ping me via PM, would be great to help you out, and Cary is not far from ATL.
CATTMAN
Old 03-31-2014, 12:13 PM
Fasterback
Navigator

Heres How I Fixed Seat Problem
I had the same issue with the seat on my c7. The back base of the seat is low and your back falls into it. I purchased for 3 dollars a small cushion from Walgreens that fits into that space. That problem no longer bothers me. The cushion is 6" x 12"
I do wish the base seat didn't have the side cushions as narrow as they built them. I have both the sides of the base seat pushing up against my legs.
Old 04-01-2014, 10:45 PM
ahesq
Instructor

Please don't give up on this car for all of us middle agers.

It seems that you really love it.

I too have concerns over long trips and also being able to get out of the car easily in a few more years (I am 55 with no current back problems), but I understand where you are coming from.

However, I also get a HUGH kick and smile out of driving it, and opening it up, as I am sure you do.

Please let all of us know how things work out.

It would be a shame to let this car go, when there has to be a solution.
Old 04-01-2014, 10:56 PM
CaryKen
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

If you skipped over my update post #36, please go back and check it out. I now have the competition seats and couldn't be happier. I drove about two hours up to VIR, drove six laps around the track, and drove another 2 hours or more over to NCCAR. My back finally started to twinge a bit on the tail end of that day, but it would have been physically impossible for me with the touring seats. If you have a weak back, definitely get the competition seats. The extra support makes all the difference in the world.

Very happy!
Old 04-02-2014, 08:19 AM
Fasterback
Navigator

Actually Im quite comfortable in my seat with my small pillow fitting the rear base of the seat. When I get out of the car I feel good without any discomfort whatsoever. That's saying a lot about the high end quality & design of the current seat, Im impressed. My only small issue is the base has narrow bolsters Im hoping they soften a bit as I seem to be hitting them when I driving on occasion.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:56 AM
mollygirl
Intermediate

Default Civility

Originally Posted by Jeffer
and a merry Christmas to you and yours

many if not most (more than half) of new corvette owners have back issues, some more serious than others,

this is a very serious design issue or flaw, and affects many many owners to be,

WHERE IS THE CUSTOMER SERVICE REP NOW, honey,

this to me is a very important topic for the future of corvette,

many cars are not comfortable in the supercar wannabe space and this is something GM had to consider, the placing of the angle of the seat bottom where it meets the back,

there is more to this than folks complaining,

please be a little more civil or we may ask a mod to give you a time out as clearly you are actin like a 3-6 year old (having no young kids or kids at all i am at a loss for a age range but never you mind it is pretty yuoung i can assure you)

enjoy the rest of the day before your time out

this topic is way more important than rear tail lights and will affect the sale or not of many a corvette

Jeffer
AHMEN Brother !!
Old 04-02-2014, 10:03 AM
harmonyp
Burning Brakes

Received 136 Likes on 93 Posts

I have compression fractures in L2, L5 and L6, and also have a tough time with most seats without some piddling. I've tried about 10 different lumbar support pillows. My favorite material is memory foam from Brookstone, but like most of the pillows, it's too thick. I did finally have great luck taking a simple $20 foam cutout in a zip cover, and cut it to the exact size/shape I wanted. Foam doesn't cut pretty so it's no work of art, but it's back in the zip cover, and is perfect. For me, a simple $20 solution did the trick. Hopefully you can find something as simple to help you out.
Old 04-02-2014, 05:48 PM
scott53
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Ken - Thanks for starting this thread. It has been very helpful. My wife and I both have back/sciatica issues and some of the posts here have helped us get the seats adjusted so that we have no pain. Looking forward to our first lengthy road trip in late May. Watkins Glen and the Finger Lakes here we come!
Old 04-02-2014, 06:20 PM
agapsdiver
Burning Brakes

Received 247 Likes on 147 Posts

I've had a couple of back surgeries and the lumbar support works good when it's inflated.. but mine deflates within a day.. my Lexus SC300 would retain it's air for months.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:59 PM
Sugar
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by agapsdiver
I've had a couple of back surgeries and the lumbar support works good when it's inflated.. but mine deflates within a day.. my Lexus SC300 would retain it's air for months.
Won't the seat memory remember the lumbar setting and set it where you like it every time you get in?
Old 04-02-2014, 07:20 PM
agapsdiver
Burning Brakes

Received 247 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by Sugar
Won't the seat memory remember the lumbar setting and set it where you like it every time you get in?
Nope ...it hasn't seemed to effect the lumbar support when the memory button is pressed.
Old 04-19-2014, 07:25 AM
faninc
Drifting

Received 637 Likes on 364 Posts

Default seats not comfortable for me

Could not be happier to pick up my new Vette a week ago. Have the standard seats. I cannot seem to set seats and get comfortable. I am 6" foot tall. The seats have enough room so to speak. But spine angle and overall comfort is very lacking. I do not know why?
Very disappointing after hearing all the fanfare of these new seats! Glad this car is not my daily driver...would not be able to keep it. Feels like lumbar adjustment is on too strong but my LT1 does not come with lumbar settings, I do not believe?

Any help welcomed...how do others find the base seats?
Old 04-19-2014, 08:29 AM
Fasterback
Navigator

fanic, You didn't mention where you are uncomfortable. Theres not a lot of space between the seats and the console & door but that's the design and im ok with that. My only area was the rear base of the seat where it meets the back of the seat theres a slope downward. I remedied this with a small cushion. I find the back of the seat gives me exc back support where I most need it. I have a L2, I don't use any lumbar support
& im finding the seat comfortable.
Old 04-20-2014, 10:13 AM
wgood
Drifting

Received 73 Likes on 65 Posts

Default seat problems

Best seat I had was a 1990 Pontiac Bonneville SSE 12 way seat driver and Passenger !!! How about a different motor system and see if it could be plugged into current electric seat plug !!!! Wayne
Old 04-20-2014, 10:45 AM
Jim Barker
Burning Brakes

Received 60 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by spaceaholic
Ken...whats your height/weight? I too am wrestling with seat choice..(have lower back issues as well). Want to make sure the Comp seat will not be too constrictive for daily driving.

Scott
Recently stopped in a sat in new comp seats at dealership. Drove there in my 12GS. I could not get the seat low enough or back enough to duplicate the feel of my GS. I am 5-11 250 lbs. I like the feel of my 12GS I going back and compare standard seats.

Get notified of new replies

To C7 seat is killing my back

Old 04-20-2014, 10:50 AM
Jim Barker
Burning Brakes

Received 60 Likes on 45 Posts

If my memory is not failing, my 96 GS had three inflatable lumbar area's and side bolsters. I wonder what ever happened to that design?
Old 04-20-2014, 11:53 AM
z51vett
Le Mans Master

Received 277 Likes on 169 Posts

The seats in the c7 were designed to hold you in since all the mag boys and racers complained about that. What I don't under stand is you have 2 seats one for competition and one for street, the street does not need narrow bottoms and hard boosters. Can they not make them softer or wider on standard seat not everybody is trying to pull one G everytime they go out. I travel a lot in my 2012 z06 26000 miles in 32 months. I now have an SS to travel so when I get my C7 it will be a day tripper mostly.
z51vett
Doug
Old 04-20-2014, 12:07 PM
GreginNH
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was experiencing a bit of back discomfort as well (3 separate spinal fractures over 30 years). Anyways, I have always carried my wallet in my back right pocket. Not that its filled with a bunch of cash, but when folded, it does have some mass to it. Out of habit, I have never taken my wallet out my back pocket while driving. Yesterday, I put it behind storage compartment and VOILA! No more back discomfort.

I guess the wallet provided just enough mis-alingment to create some discomfort. Obvious solution - I can't believe I hadn't though about that before!

Quick Reply: C7 seat is killing my back