Sponsored by:

Ordering C7 this weekend need advice

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 05:36 AM
creeves84
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordering C7 this weekend need advice

I'm getting ready to order my wife a surprise C7 for her 50th birthday and I need some advice.

I'm torn between 1LT and 2LT and saw some posts that the heated and cooled seats are not that great, some have said that the system is not very solid, great seats just that the heat and cooled part doesn't work very well. I would like to hear from others that have ordered the 2LT package if they think the seats are effective.

I know that more items are in the 2LT package but the only part of the package that I think she would like is the heated and cooled seats.

The car is a second car for her so it won't see many miles and while I know that the 2LT option may be important during resell that may never happen.

It will be a pretty basic car so she can personalize once she receives it, I know for sure it will be white, jet black and have navigation and red calipers and maybe 2LT depending on what I hear from others. I don't mind spending the money but as the seats are really the only part of the package that she would want-so if the seats aren't that great that it's a pretty big premium for something that aren't that great.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:09 AM
JudgeNjury
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Happy 50th for your wife.

If your wife likes heated seats don't cheap out.

People bitch on the forums just to bitch...my opinion is don't listen to them and get the 2lt for your wife. She ll love you for it.

I think 4 grand for the 2LT is over the top.....but if your wife loves heated seats.....spend it.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:31 AM
JRBurn
Instructor

Yes, once you've had heated seats there's no going back.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:34 AM
RedRay
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Forget the heat, cooled seats are great, worth the money IMHO
Old 11-08-2013, 07:06 AM
creeves84
Advanced

Originally Posted by RedRay
Forget the heat, cooled seats are great, worth the money IMHO
Thanks for the input- we have the worlds best cooled seats- a 27 degree morning in Minnesota.
Old 11-08-2013, 07:09 AM
creeves84
Advanced

Originally Posted by JudgeNjury
Happy 50th for your wife.

If your wife likes heated seats don't cheap out.

People bitch on the forums just to bitch...my opinion is don't listen to them and get the 2lt for your wife. She ll love you for it.

I think 4 grand for the 2LT is over the top.....but if your wife loves heated seats.....spend it.
Thanks for the advice- I haven't ordered a domestic car for a bit and now remember that they love to bundle a bunch of stuff that doesn't really matter but you order the package just to get the one or two options you really want. While I don't like spending 4K for heated seats the business person in me gives them a nod for a master marketing plan to improve profits through the bundling options into a package.
Old 11-08-2013, 07:11 AM
george vee
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,073 Likes on 532 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

The heated seats in my C7 do work, they do not get hot, like my other cars where they get to a point of being to hot and you turn them off. The seats stay comfortable in cooling and heating to the point that you think they are not working but when you shut them off you then realize that they were doing there job.

Good luck
Old 11-08-2013, 07:34 AM
pittperson
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

2LT is worth ever penny. Like JRBurn said, once you have heated seats, there truly is no going back. Same goes for the HUD. As pretty as that screen is on the dash, I rarely look at it.
Old 11-08-2013, 07:36 AM
TX Navy Vet
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered the 2LT because after much research and reading many opinions I came to the conclusion the 2LT is the best bang for the buck.
Old 11-08-2013, 07:46 AM
LEJ ZO6
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Get the 2LT.

We made that mistake on our 2007 convertible. We picked a car with 1LT because, as you stated, there were only a couple of things we really wanted from the 2LT package. We thought we would save some money so we went cheap.

We had 2LT before and even though the extras weren't something we had to have we found that we missed them when they weren't there. We spent the next several years regretting that we hadn't spent the extra money for the 2LT.

We just ordered my wife a C7 convertible. We didn't hesitate checking the 2LT box on the order form.
Old 11-08-2013, 07:49 AM
shaan
Melting Slicks

Received 84 Likes on 17 Posts

2LT is alone worth it for HUD
Old 11-08-2013, 07:51 AM
Roadrunner 73
Instructor

My son tried the cooled seats on a fairly warm day a few weeks ago and loved it.. Said it worked great and that was on the passenger side...... I have not tried either yet... Go ahead and get them so their will be no regrets.......
Old 11-08-2013, 08:20 AM
-CM-
Melting Slicks

Received 64 Likes on 35 Posts

The seat heat & ventilation in my car work fine. I especially like the ventilation.

And don't underestimate the value another addition you get with the 2LT package - the HUD. It's very useful.
Old 11-08-2013, 08:40 AM
pietro c7
Melting Slicks

Received 1,157 Likes on 650 Posts

Considering that your interior is black....and it being a second car, the 4k difference in price will feel like a useless waste of money.I have had a 1lt black interior c7 for a month now,and everyone that sits in my car is very impressed with the interior finishing...with the two screens lit up,and the nice texture of the materials...it is very impressive.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:01 AM
musclecar6
Le Mans Master

Received 148 Likes on 104 Posts

50th birthday present for your wife and you're even considering going the econo route ?!?!?! Do the smart thing. Order the 2LT.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:11 AM
pittperson
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by pietro c7
Considering that your interior is black....and it being a second car, the 4k difference in price will feel like a useless waste of money.I have had a 1lt black interior c7 for a month now,and everyone that sits in my car is very impressed with the interior finishing...with the two screens lit up,and the nice texture of the materials...it is very impressive.
The black interior thing might be true for the 2LT -> 3LT, but definitely not a reason to NOT choose 2LT over 1LT. The few features that the 2LT has over the 1LT are great.

Last edited by pittperson; 11-08-2013 at 09:14 AM.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:32 AM
Mike Campbell
Le Mans Master

Received 1,067 Likes on 591 Posts

I live in Florida so I don't really care about heated seats or heated mirrors. Plus the only thing I'd miss is the HUD but for $4210.00 it's a bit more than I'd want to pay for one. I drive a Corvette for it's performance not it's "luxury" and tend to put my money into what will make the car run better. Don't be talked into spending money on stuff you really don't need.

Get notified of new replies

To Ordering C7 this weekend need advice

Old 11-08-2013, 09:37 AM
pietro c7
Melting Slicks

Received 1,157 Likes on 650 Posts

Originally Posted by creeves84
Thanks for the input- we have the worlds best cooled seats- a 27 degree morning in Minnesota.
100% my friend...and we both know how good those vacation adds look in the month of January....

Now if she wanted tan interior,that would be a different story...you`d be in a situation of splurging the extra 4k,but in your fortunate situation,she wants black...besides the cockpit is overwhelming as is...HuD would probably de a distraction.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:49 AM
adamsocb
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 498 Likes on 265 Posts

Personally I would not consider the 1LT unless I was going to gut the interior for a total redo, or to make it a race car.

In addition to the Heated/Ventilated seats and HUD, there are several other very functional additions with 2LT:
  • Auto diming inside and driver rearview mirror
  • Added subwoofer, power, noise cancellation, and digital processing to sound system
  • One year vs. three months SiruisXM trial subscription
  • Power bolster and lumbar seat adjustment
  • Luggage shade and cargo net
  • Memory Package, recalls 2 driver "presets" for 8-way power seat, outside mirrors and tilt/telescoping steering column
  • Theft-deterrent system, body security content and unauthorized entry electrical
  • Universal Home Remote

In the end it depends on your personal wants/needs.

If you/your wife are not accustomed to these features and don't think you/she will enjoy them, the $4200 may be more important to you. I am sure aftermarket seat heating, theft deterrent, and Homelink could be installed for much less. However the HUD, memory, and sound system improvements would likely cost much more in the aftermarket.

If you are used to luxury cars with these features I would think they would be missed if the Corvette does not have them.

Hope this helps, and be satisfied with your choices whatever they may be!
Old 11-08-2013, 09:49 AM
CO Pman
Advanced

Hey Creeves, I agree with many of the posts above, don't skimp on the 50BD package. I too ordered AW with Ebony interior and didn't hesitate to check the 2LT box. The heated and cooled seats and the HUD made it a no-brainer, at least for me. Here are the other features. When my insurance company gets my VIN # and sees the Advanced Theft Deterrent System maybe they will love me more?!? A little upgrade on the stereo hopefully helps and with my sensitive vision, I like the dimming mirrors. They must have also taylored that package specifically to me as it has "Memory Package" whatever that is

Happy Birthday to the Mrs. and good luck with your decision, will look forward to what you decide and pictures of the car and the birthday cake!

2LT Packages Includes:
Advanced Theft-Deterrent System
Auto-Dimming Mirrors
Head-Up Display (Color)
Heated and Vented Seats
Luggage Shade and Net
Memory Package
Performance Leather GT Seats w/Lumbar/Wing Adjust
Premium Bose® Audio — Centerpoint® Surround (10 Speakers)
Seat Crossed Flags Logo Badge
Universal Home Remote
Center Console and Door Panels in Interior Seat Color

Quick Reply: Ordering C7 this weekend need advice