Sponsored by:

C7 ZO6/Z07 pricing

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2013, 05:56 PM
rrm
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default C7 ZO6/Z07 pricing

I am a little disturbed. My last Vet was a '09 ZO6 and like most of us that bought that wonderful piece of engineering I ordered it with 2LT, special wheels and a couple of other options that added up to about 79,500 list. but paid about 74/75k. This was in August of 2008 and only a few months before the bottom fell out for GM.
Sense that time I have sold the Vette, purchased a 911 997tt and sold it last May. No reasonable thought process working here just the thought that if the new C7 was as expected then I like many others would wait for the HP model to come out and make a purchase a few months after that which I think means next summer or fall.
But...I don't know how many of you in my position are doing the same but if you are I suggest you "build your own" base c7 in GM's web site. I did so today and was rocked to see a price of over 80k when using the 3lt and 73k with the 2lt. That was the auto coupe with z51 but didn't include any additional cost for leather, comp. seats, stripes or other than standard tops etc. Looking at the spread between the C6 base and the C6 ZO6 I believe the C7 ZO6 will nudge 95k. WOW! That price will make me wait until one of you buy's yours then sells it because of other obligations.
Please don't misunderstand me. I am NOT saying the car is not worth 95k because the market will tell us that what I am writing is that when you get into that price range the ZO6 is going to be very close to a used 30,000 mile 2011 tt S which are currently selling for a low of 105 on up to 139k. I feel certain next August/Sept with patience and perseverance you will be able to be under 100k for one. Yes one is used and one is new but the Porsche guys are like us if not more so in how they treat their cars.
Texas beat Texas Tech so my long weekend was ridding in the right direction...until this!!! rrm
Old 11-30-2013, 06:03 PM
SoCalC7
Racer

Received 153 Likes on 70 Posts

I got a TR manual Z51 with 2LT black leather interior, red calipers, body color roof, black wheels, nav, and performance exhaust for $62K MSRP (not $73K as above). Good enough for me.

Last edited by SoCalC7; 11-30-2013 at 06:08 PM.
Old 11-30-2013, 06:13 PM
slief
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

OP,
As of yesterday, GM was apparently having some issues with their website and there appeared to be a phantom $7000 (or something of that nature) option with no description that was arbitrarily being adding to the website build sheet. Not sure if that is still the case but that may have impacted the cost you came up with.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...se-on-z51.html

Last edited by slief; 11-30-2013 at 06:17 PM.
Old 11-30-2013, 06:14 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by rrm
I am a little disturbed. My last Vet was a '09 ZO6 and like most of us that bought that wonderful piece of engineering I ordered it with 2LT, special wheels and a couple of other options that added up to about 79,500 list. but paid about 74/75k. This was in August of 2008 and only a few months before the bottom fell out for GM.
Sense that time I have sold the Vette, purchased a 911 997tt and sold it last May. No reasonable thought process working here just the thought that if the new C7 was as expected then I like many others would wait for the HP model to come out and make a purchase a few months after that which I think means next summer or fall.
But...I don't know how many of you in my position are doing the same but if you are I suggest you "build your own" base c7 in GM's web site. I did so today and was rocked to see a price of over 80k when using the 3lt and 73k with the 2lt. That was the auto coupe with z51 but didn't include any additional cost for leather, comp. seats, stripes or other than standard tops etc. Looking at the spread between the C6 base and the C6 ZO6 I believe the C7 ZO6 will nudge 95k. WOW! That price will make me wait until one of you buy's yours then sells it because of other obligations.
Please don't misunderstand me. I am NOT saying the car is not worth 95k because the market will tell us that what I am writing is that when you get into that price range the ZO6 is going to be very close to a used 30,000 mile 2011 tt S which are currently selling for a low of 105 on up to 139k. I feel certain next August/Sept with patience and perseverance you will be able to be under 100k for one. Yes one is used and one is new but the Porsche guys are like us if not more so in how they treat their cars.
Texas beat Texas Tech so my long weekend was ridding in the right direction...until this!!! rrm
I believe there is a "math" problem with Chevy's site. Best to take the individual numbers and add them up yourself.
Old 11-30-2013, 06:14 PM
LS6GXP
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you have stumbled on the website pricing issue that has been reported here... There is a glitch on the website builder it doubles the price of the 3lt and 2lt. So basically if your building a 3lt try reducing the price by 8k then you should get the correct pricing...

pretty much beat to death here. http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...se-on-z51.html

Hope this helps
Old 11-30-2013, 06:15 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Location: I live my life by 2 rules. 1) Never share everything you know. 2)
Received 2,402 Likes on 1,366 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by SoCalC7
I got a TR manual Z51 with 2LT black leather interior, red calipers, body color roof, black wheels, nav, and performance exhaust for $62K MSRP (not $73K as above). Good enough for me.
Same for me but went with the transparent roof, Laguna Blue and MRC for $3K below MSRP ($62,310)
Old 11-30-2013, 06:16 PM
Knome
Instructor

Originally Posted by LS6GXP
I think you have stumbled on the website pricing issue that has been reported here... There is a glitch on the website builder it doubles the price of the 3lt and 2lt. So basically if your building a 3lt try reducing the price by 8k then you should get the correct pricing...

pretty much beat to death here. http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...se-on-z51.html

Hope this helps
I heard that GM is using the same web team that did the Obamacare site.
Old 11-30-2013, 08:23 PM
rrm
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks to you all...I am surprised that so many are not getting the Mag. Ride Option...rrm
Old 11-30-2013, 08:25 PM
slief
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I ordered mine with Mag Ride. Won't have it until February though.
Old 11-30-2013, 09:02 PM
JsnMR2
Pro

IMO anything near 100K is too much for a C7Z. I too, will wait until someone sells a clean, low mile example and takes a 20k hit on it. I have a heads/cam C6Z now and a base C7 would be grossly under powered in comparison, so a base model has never been in the cards. Even a C7Z will be less powerful in stock form, I'm sure.

At 100K though, it opens up a few other good options.
Old 11-30-2013, 11:36 PM
obzidian
Safety Car

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

It'll probably have an msrp around 70k, base. however the c7 in base trim is not that bad really unless you have to have the leather trimed dash.

my 09 c6z was a 3lz and the leather on the dashed bubbled within a year of owning it. Not saying this is the case now but after that experience it is not something I would need.
Old 12-01-2013, 09:29 AM
VThokies
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I was told it will be around the $90k - $95k price range, not sure of the options for this price but I believe this was loaded. Info came from a dealership GM that has seen the Z. He also said that it will very different from the stingray. Description he used was that the front and rear of the car will look different, and of course it is a wide body. He said it will be much easier to tell the two cars apart, as the C6 Z looked very similar to other C6s. He also told me the approximate HP, but that sounded kind of high to be correct. It was yesterday when I heard all this. Also said that it will be produced starting with the 2015 model run.
Old 12-01-2013, 01:05 PM
gthal
Safety Car

Received 1,170 Likes on 486 Posts

Originally Posted by VThokies
I was told it will be around the $90k - $95k price range, not sure of the options for this price but I believe this was loaded. Info came from a dealership GM that has seen the Z. He also said that it will very different from the stingray. Description he used was that the front and rear of the car will look different, and of course it is a wide body. He said it will be much easier to tell the two cars apart, as the C6 Z looked very similar to other C6s. He also told me the approximate HP, but that sounded kind of high to be correct. It was yesterday when I heard all this. Also said that it will be produced starting with the 2015 model run.
I'm not buying his story. I don't believe a GM of a dealership has seen a Z at this point. Therefore, everything else his said is suspect. I could be completely wrong (obviously) but the minute he said he saw it I call BS. They are so tight lipped about the car they aren't letting just anyone see it. Especially a dealer GM.

We should check with Kerbeck... if their GM hasn't seen it then no dealership GM has
Old 12-01-2013, 01:42 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Location: I live my life by 2 rules. 1) Never share everything you know. 2)
Received 2,402 Likes on 1,366 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

He said it will be much easier to tell the two cars apart, as the C6 Z looked very similar to other C6s.
That claim alone pretty much negates him as an accurate source as far as I'm concerned
Old 12-01-2013, 04:25 PM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

Received 172 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by gthal
I'm not buying his story. I don't believe a GM of a dealership has seen a Z at this point. Therefore, everything else his said is suspect. I could be completely wrong (obviously) but the minute he said he saw it I call BS. They are so tight lipped about the car they aren't letting just anyone see it. Especially a dealer GM.

We should check with Kerbeck... if their GM hasn't seen it then no dealership GM has
He could have seen a Z test mule, many of us have.
Old 12-01-2013, 04:48 PM
harlold
Burning Brakes

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

I think, personally, it will be in the $95k range. The outgoing Z06's were in that range as a typical offering, so I think thats where it will be.

Chevy doesn't have to build a lot of them (They were building what, 800 ZR1 and 500 Z06 the last few years), so the price isn't a big issue.

You'll have to pay to play for the Z06 IMHO. It will beat cars that cost 4-10x as much, you can't complain it may hit $95k starting.
Old 12-01-2013, 05:06 PM
themonk
Team Owner

Location: Calgary, AB. There's a reason why white was the only color offered on every year Corvette. Proud Canadian German Jamaican!
Received 1,456 Likes on 799 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09, '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by rrm
But...I don't know how many of you in my position are doing the same but if you are I suggest you "build your own" base c7 in GM's web site.
Forget the website, I suggest you get your butt to a Chev store, talk to a salesperson and get him or her to build you your car with an explanation of all the options and go from there.

Get notified of new replies

To C7 ZO6/Z07 pricing

Old 12-01-2013, 06:33 PM
gthal
Safety Car

Received 1,170 Likes on 486 Posts

Originally Posted by sam90lx
He could have seen a Z test mule, many of us have.
Yes but if it were camo'd it would be impossible to make the claims he made.
Old 12-01-2013, 07:26 PM
-vet
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Default New Z

The new Z was actually shown one year ago (Last December) to GM staff. Will not be mistaken for a base model C7 this time.
Wonder what they will get to see at the annual December GM show this year?

For prices; in Canada much lower than 2013 C6 prices!

Last edited by -vet; 12-01-2013 at 07:33 PM.
Old 12-01-2013, 08:03 PM
VThokies
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by gthal

He went with Rick Hendrick to see it, told me where but I don't remember what he said. May be all BS, but it sounded like he knew what he was talking about. Fooled me at least, time will tell.

Quick Reply: C7 ZO6/Z07 pricing