Sponsored by:

SiriusXM Traffic service

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 12:56 PM
ndotti
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default SiriusXM Traffic service

I was really looking forward to the nav system incorporating realtime traffic info. The nav in an older GMC couldn't do this so I used my Android phone with Google Map and traffic layer.

The C7 comes with full XM service for some time so everyone initially gest the XM radio, traffic and weather info. After that time there is an extra monthly charge for the traffic and weather.

So imagine my surprise when I turned it on and saw ... almost nothing.

I live in northern NJ about 30 miles from New York. I know that traffic coverage varies by location, but in the most densely populated state in the country all they (XM) apparently send is I-80. Not I-287, I-280, the Parkway, the legendary NT Turnpike, or major state routes like 3, 17, 46, 208, etc.

I've spoken with XM's Customer Care and Customer Advocacy Team several times, thinking I didn't have some option set correctly. Bottom line is they tell me that's all (I-80) the info that is sent for this area.

I'd love for XM to tell me I'm wrong and explain how to get better traffic coverage.

As far as I'm concerned the service is useless. Not worth paying for. Back to the cell phone ...
Old 01-12-2014, 09:47 PM
Jay_Davis
Drifting

Received 90 Likes on 73 Posts

Good to know.

Maybe trying to update all of the traffic in this area would overload their system.

Quick Reply: SiriusXM Traffic service