Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Order Number

Old 02-08-2014, 11:43 PM
Aflyer
Pro

Received 112 Likes on 89 Posts

Default Order Number

This might sound like a dumb question but when did you receive your order number?
I placed an order for my new C7 on Thursday and was told to check back early next week for status. But when I look at the status codes posted below it would seem that I must be at either 1000 or 1100? And therefore should have an order number already.

Code Description
1000 Order On Hold at Dealership
1100 Order Placed at Dealership
2000 Order Accepted by Chevrolet
2050 Order Changed
2500 Order Preferenced (or "Picked Up" or "Imaged")
3000 Order Accepted by Production Control
3100 Order Available to be Sequenced
3300 Order Scheduled for Production
3400 Order Broadcast (Internal Plant Order Produced)
3800 Vehicle Produced
4000 Vehicle Available to Ship
4B00 Bayed
4150 Vehicle Invoiced
4200 Vehicle Shipped
4300 Intermediate Delivery
4800 Rail Ramp Unload
5000 Vehicle at Dealer

Can someone with more experience explain? This will be my 6th Corvette, my second new one, but I have never ordered a car.

Thank you in advance,
George
Old 02-08-2014, 11:46 PM
teejake
Lifetime Supporting Gold
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 107 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by gcooper
This might sound like a dumb question but when did you receive your order number?
I placed an order for my new C7 on Thursday and was told to check back early next week for status. But when I look at the status codes posted below it would seem that I must be at either 1000 or 1100? And therefore should have an order number already.

Code Description
1000 Order On Hold at Dealership
1100 Order Placed at Dealership
2000 Order Accepted by Chevrolet
2050 Order Changed
2500 Order Preferenced (or "Picked Up" or "Imaged")
3000 Order Accepted by Production Control
3100 Order Available to be Sequenced
3300 Order Scheduled for Production
3400 Order Broadcast (Internal Plant Order Produced)
3800 Vehicle Produced
4000 Vehicle Available to Ship
4B00 Bayed
4150 Vehicle Invoiced
4200 Vehicle Shipped
4300 Intermediate Delivery
4800 Rail Ramp Unload
5000 Vehicle at Dealer

Can someone with more experience explain? This will be my 6th Corvette, my second new one, but I have never ordered a car.

Thank you in advance,
George
I received my order number from my dealer the same day I out down my deposit and was immediately at 1100.
Old 02-08-2014, 11:51 PM
Glen e
Race Director

Received 905 Likes on 472 Posts
Tech Contributor

Just remember, until you have code 2000, you are not getting a car built. Read this closely, dealers can confuse you:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...r-holders.html
Old 02-08-2014, 11:54 PM
Aflyer
Pro

teejake,
Thank you for the quick reply, I will give them a call first thing Monday.
George
Old 02-09-2014, 12:07 AM
fdxpilot
Safety Car

Received 66 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by gcooper
teejake,
Thank you for the quick reply, I will give them a call first thing Monday.
George
Yeah, status 1100 basically means your dealer has managed to type your order on the computer and press enter.

Now, the dealership has to get an available allocation that includes any constrained items on your order. Unless there is a waiting list, or you have constrained items, the next corvette allocation should be yours, and your order should move to 2000. If your dealer only has a few allocations for the remainder of the year, it could be weeks until this happens. If he has lots of allocations, it could happen on the next consensus. If you are ordering constrained items like the Z51 package, or the CF dash, it might never happen unless your dealer has a large amount of allocations.
Old 02-09-2014, 11:42 AM
markk1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fdxpilot
Yeah, status 1100 basically means your dealer has managed to type your order on the computer and press enter.

Now, the dealership has to get an available allocation that includes any constrained items on your order. Unless there is a waiting list, or you have constrained items, the next corvette allocation should be yours, and your order should move to 2000. If your dealer only has a few allocations for the remainder of the year, it could be weeks until this happens. If he has lots of allocations, it could happen on the next consensus. If you are ordering constrained items like the Z51 package, or the CF dash, it might never happen unless your dealer has a large amount of allocations.
...based on personal experience of waiting a long time before changing dealers...
Old 02-09-2014, 12:00 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,066 Likes on 6,168 Posts

Some dealers only enter an order into GM OrderWORKBENCH when they have an allocation that matches your order (constraint wise) and you are their next customer in line. Others enter the order immediately. It makes no difference on how soon you will get your car. What does make all the difference in the world is how many allocations your dealer gets and where you are on their waiting list. They should be willing to share those numbers with you.
Old 02-09-2014, 07:31 PM
markk1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
...They should be willing to share those numbers with you.
If not, I wouldn't just walk away, I would run...
Old 02-09-2014, 08:14 PM
ATX-C7
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Allocations are entered on Thursday. If yours gets in, it will be 2000 come the following Tues, and hopefully 3000 soon after.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:29 PM
onthebottom
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ATX-C7
Allocations are entered on Thursday. If yours gets in, it will be 2000 come the following Tues, and hopefully 3000 soon after.
And I think I've read this cycle happens every 2 weeks
Old 02-09-2014, 10:26 PM
vettetwo
Pro

Received 150 Likes on 92 Posts

You will get an order number as soon as your dealer enters the order in Workbench which will be the day or day after you sign the deal. That will place you at 1100 and you will remain there until your dealer gets allocation. If you ordered a constrained option such as Z51 or Carbon Fiber, a dealer who has fewer than 50 total allocations for the model year may never get you beyond 1100...that is where I am and I talked with the Sales Manager at my dealer yesterday. As soon as the roads are clear of salt, I will start shopping around for inventory selections. I will be fussy about options, but I am beginning to feel flexible about color. Whatever you do, if you have a trade, hang onto your vehicle until the new Stingray arrives.
Old 02-09-2014, 10:36 PM
Aflyer
Pro

Thank you all for the input, the Z51 option is my only constrained item as far as I can tell reading the postings here.

I am told the dealer has allocations, and I am told the order was entered on Thursday and that I should have an update early next week.

All of that seems to fit with all of the allocation and consensus information that I have been reading here for a few months. Allocations on Thursday Consensus the following Tuesday.

Hopefully I will get some happy news by end of day Tuesday.

Does the consensus happen for all dealers every week, or every other week as onthebottom has mentioned above
Old 02-09-2014, 10:41 PM
Aflyer
Pro

Originally Posted by vettetwo
You will get an order number as soon as your dealer enters the order in Workbench which will be the day or day after you sign the deal. That will place you at 1100 and you will remain there until your dealer gets allocation. If you ordered a constrained option such as Z51 or Carbon Fiber, a dealer who has fewer than 50 total allocations for the model year may never get you beyond 1100...that is where I am and I talked with the Sales Manager at my dealer yesterday. As soon as the roads are clear of salt, I will start shopping around for inventory selections. I will be fussy about options, but I am beginning to feel flexible about color. Whatever you do, if you have a trade, hang onto your vehicle until the new Stingray arrives.
I actually plan to to do exactly the same thing. If this order doesn't progress quickly, I can can it and go back to shopping inventory. And if the order does move, I will change my avatar and start shopping for car care products to make it shiny!

Get notified of new replies

To Order Number

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Order Number