Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Attention Pfadt Customers [update]

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 07:30 PM
Twistedpixels
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had a set of ZO6 headers and x pipe on order since before xmas through my installer. Looks like we will have to go with another vendor now.
Old 02-25-2014, 07:38 PM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Olitho
Yes, this is a legit reason. I don't know exactly what there situation is, but what they are referencing is also known as "Sales Bankruptcy." Someone else used the term undercapitalized. In essence they don't have enough liquid assets to support the volume of business transacted and the place crumbles. Think of it as running too fast and going anaerobic and collapsing, driving the tires off of your car, etc.

Plenty of business, but not enough capital to continue to conduct business.

Tough break, because Pfadt made good products.

I had their adjustable shocks and the quality of them was excellent.
Old 02-25-2014, 08:03 PM
dbratten
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

I really hope you can make a comeback as Pfadt is one of the best companies I've ever delt with. Perhaps returning with only selected products like COs, sway bars, JOC package, and headers for the C7 (assuming those are profitable for you) would enable you to keep a quality niche going forward.

Thank you for all that you've done for our community. And, thank you for not sacrificing quality and customer service to entice an investor.

--Dan
Old 02-25-2014, 08:08 PM
PS41Family
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have all Phadt products on my car.

But I purchased a $450 discount certificate for $200 and now I guess I am SOL?
Old 02-25-2014, 08:22 PM
Z06Ronald
Melting Slicks

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Aaron, if you ever read this thread ...

On my Z06 I have your
  • carbon fiber driveshaft
  • front & rear tow hooks
  • engine mounts
  • transmission mounts
  • front & rear sway bars and pillow blocks

Every Pfadt product is top notch, every past delivery to the Netherlands was swift!
I have always recognized Pfadt's passion, engineering blood, and care for the customer. And I'm sure that I'm not the only one.

Your Facebook post makes me feel sad, very sad. You, your company, your employees, you all deserved better than this.
Like you, I sincerely hope that the closing will be temporary and in the end, appears to be a minor speed bump on new roads that lie ahead.

All the best in these difficult times,
Ronald
Old 02-25-2014, 08:27 PM
theVcar
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

They should have went to Shark Tank. Speak to Robert.
Old 02-25-2014, 08:32 PM
Z06Ronald
Melting Slicks

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Olitho
Yes, this is a legit reason. I don't know exactly what there situation is, but what they are referencing is also known as "Sales Bankruptcy." Someone else used the term undercapitalized. In essence they don't have enough liquid assets to support the volume of business transacted and the place crumbles. Think of it as running too fast and going anaerobic and collapsing, driving the tires off of your car, etc.
Spot on and a perfect analogy.
Old 02-25-2014, 08:46 PM
Mike Beck
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Scooter70
As a friend of mine just said to me "Just because you're busy doesn't mean that you're making money."-Matt
This is a very true statement and many wouldn't believe it to be true. I've seen it several times.
Old 02-25-2014, 08:46 PM
0Cajun @ Edgyvette
Former Vendor

Received 393 Likes on 286 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12'-'13-'14-'15

Wow, never saw this coming. Pfadt has always been top notch both in my time as a consumer and as a vendor. This is a sad day for BER and for me personally
Old 02-25-2014, 09:04 PM
CTD
Melting Slicks

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

Aaron I hope you can figure this out we had a few conversation's during the first coil over release. Good discussion & all the products of yours I've purchased since have been spot on

Now it is time to get back to basics, best of luck & I look forward to the return!
Old 02-25-2014, 09:28 PM
dsddcd
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Though I have had issues with their C5 header fitment as they used the C6 design and try to make it work on the C5. Anyway the quality of the parts I have received headers and suspension components are excellent. Truly it makes some of the other big names out there look like cheap Chinese garbage.

Hope to see them return.
Old 02-25-2014, 10:03 PM
WannaC5Z
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Margin w/o sales = failure
Sales w/o margin = failure
There is an important balance between the two. Finding that balance it the trick.
I hope you guys are able to find it because I was hoping to some day invest in your LT's and sway bars for my C5Z.
Old 02-25-2014, 10:39 PM
DDNZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 35 Likes on 14 Posts

Good luck to you all!!!

Thanks for your contribution to the corvette community.
Old 02-25-2014, 10:49 PM
Mardis Gras
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 37 Likes on 36 Posts

All the Best, and I hope you guys are able to return.
Old 02-25-2014, 11:34 PM
knightz06
Racer

damn it
Old 02-25-2014, 11:48 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks again to all of you for the kind words and support. We have been refunding customers all day today and that feels good. It will take a while to get to all the voice messages, emails, and PM's, and as always we appreciate your patience and understanding.
Old 02-26-2014, 12:27 AM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

Received 583 Likes on 313 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Pfadt Racing
Thanks again to all of you for the kind words and support. We have been refunding customers all day today and that feels good. It will take a while to get to all the voice messages, emails, and PM's, and as always we appreciate your patience and understanding.
Aaron, you are a friend and associate, with great integrity. The past 5 years have been a real challenge for all small businesses, and there's no need to say why.

Your products are all over the Halltech ULZ700, from the carbon fiber driveshaft, to Featherlights, anti sways front and rear, engine mounts and tranny mounts, which gave us the 5 lbs advantage over Katech's Supercar in the weight contest.

I also remember a couple files you sent our way which helped us develop the one piece Carbon Revolution CR-9 CFRP wheels for the ZR1 style brakes. We were vetting for them on our Z06, and without those drawings, we could not have pulled off the fitment, spacing ect.

You guys will figure this out and come back stronger. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Jim Hall

"World Class Performance for your Corvette"
Intake Design and Engineering since 1999
Halltech Systems, LLC
262-510-7600

For service email:
orders@halltechsystems.com

www.halltechsystems.com

Last edited by Halltech; 02-26-2014 at 08:23 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Attention Pfadt Customers [update]

Old 02-26-2014, 12:56 AM
Twistedpixels
Racer

Originally Posted by Pfadt Racing
So how do you guys intend on shipping product to people when you have closed your doors and sent everyone home? I happen to know someone that went by your shop today and saw that your building was locked up and no one was there in the middle of the day. You apparently made everything in house so where are you shipping from now? I would like to see some evidence from you guys with photographs of headers ready to go out sitting in your shop.
Old 02-26-2014, 06:53 AM
WKMCD
Race Director

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

I ran PFADT Featherlight Coilovers and the PFADT 3 piece track bars on my C5 and it handled pancake flat at speed. When I put the rear flares and 345's on the back the car under-steered badly. A call to Aaron solved the issue and required about 30 minutes of work to get the car back to handling perfectly. His simple advice was to stiffen the end with too much traction. Adjusted the sway bar and perfection! Going to the C7 I know will not be as quick as my C5 and won't handle as well as it did with the PFADT suspension.

Thanks Aaron! I sincerely hope you are able to get through this.

Kevin
Old 02-26-2014, 08:19 AM
DocHolliday
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by SVTBMG
So how do you guys intend on shipping product to people when you have closed your doors and sent everyone home? I happen to know someone that went by your shop today and saw that your building was locked up and no one was there in the middle of the day. You apparently made everything in house so where are you shipping from now? I would like to see some evidence from you guys with photographs of headers ready to go out sitting in your shop.
Dude...the man didn't just skip town in the middle of the night. He said he is making everyone whole, give him a chance to do so without demanding photo evidence. If he intended to be unethical he would have just fallen off the face of the earth and kept everyones money. Relax a little.

Quick Reply: Attention Pfadt Customers [update]