Sponsored by:

Museum and Plant tour

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 09:41 AM
Kyflyer
Burning Brakes

Received 81 Likes on 66 Posts
Default Museum and Plant tour

We drove the C7 to Bowling Green Monday 2/24/2014 to see the museum and tour the plant. We also attended the "Rock of Ages" performance at the PAC. We had a great time. We stayed at the Hilton and the rooms were nice, clean, spacious, and comfortable. Everyone at the museum was courteous, helpful, and made our trip all that we could hope for. The plant tour was great as well. We made the decision to order our next one and purchase the buyer's tour, the photo album, and Museum pickup. This could be a logistical problem for some, but we are only 150 miles or so from the plant and it is a nice drive. Special kudos to Lori Bieschke, manager of the museum pickup program and Chris Sweeney. They freely offered their time and expertise explaining everything Corvette to us. BTW, Lori has a beautiful, white C6 in the parking lot. Chris spent quite a bit of time with us explaining the infotainment system and we learned a lot of very valuable information about how it works. Chris learned a few new things as well! When you finally understand how everything works it truly is amazing. It is not intuitive and very complex, but through repetition we think we now have it down pat! I am going to attempt posting some pictures to this thread once I learn how to post them! This was a wonderful experience and I highly recommend a trip to the museum and the plant tour. Allow yourself a couple of days to take it all in. If you are traveling on I-65 watch for speed traps on the northbound side about 20 miles north of Bowling Green. We saw KY state troopers stationed with 5-6 cars hidden from view and a trooper on foot with a laser gun! This was at the 41-42 mile marker close to the interchange with the Cumberland Parkway. BTW, if you drive your Corvette to the plant there is a special Corvette only parking area right at the entrance to the tour start point! General parking areas are quite a distance to walk! It's nice to be special!

Last edited by Kyflyer; 02-26-2014 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Corrected grammar
Old 02-26-2014, 10:00 AM
Mardis Gras
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 37 Likes on 36 Posts

Don't know Lori, but Chris is a class act.

Congrats on your decision
Old 02-26-2014, 10:04 AM
ATX-C7
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Very cool. That would be a bummer to get a ticket first day of driving your Corvette--good to know the 'hot' spots for the local PD.
Old 02-26-2014, 10:10 AM
onthebottom
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

My buyers tour was canceled for the week of 3/10, going to go back this summer and take the tour, visit the museum.
Old 02-26-2014, 10:12 AM
WesC7
Burning Brakes

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Congrats on your car and experience!

We're leaving for BG in a couple hours. Unfortunately, we're not going there to pick up our vette. Just getting the Plant tour and taking in the museum again.

Plus, this will also offer me the chance to see most (if not all) of the colors and interiors side-by-side....for my '15 order.
Old 02-26-2014, 10:17 AM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,076 Likes on 6,173 Posts

Default Attaching Photos

When creating a post, use the "Go Advanced" button, then use the "Manage Attachments" button. That will open a new browser window (or tab). With that window, you can attach photos to your post (use the Browse button to bring up a file open window, select you file then click the Open button. Repeat this for multiple photos and then click the Upload button. When the uploads are complete, click the Close this Window link in the upper right corner. Then click the Preview Post button to see your post with the photos. When you are happy, click the Submit Reply button.

Note: Photos must be in jpg, bmp, or png format and must be 1.91 MB or 2.86 MB or smaller (depending on file format). You may need to resize your photos first.

You can also host your photos on a site like Photobucket and then use the "Insert Image" icon. Full instructions for this method can be found in the Help forum.
Old 02-26-2014, 10:19 AM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,076 Likes on 6,173 Posts

Originally Posted by WesC5

We're leaving for BG in a couple hours. Unfortunately, we're not going there to pick up our vette. Just getting the Plant tour and taking in the museum again.

Plus, this will also offer me the chance to see most (if not all) of the colors and interiors side-by-side....for my '15 order.
Except some of the '15 colors will be changing. Cyber Grey gets replaced by Tiger Shark Gray (quite different), Velocity Yellow is being replaced by a new yellow and possibly Lime Rock Green is going to be replaced by an Orange.
Old 02-26-2014, 10:29 AM
WesC7
Burning Brakes

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
Except some of the '15 colors will be changing. Cyber Grey gets replaced by Tiger Shark Gray (quite different), Velocity Yellow is being replaced by a new yellow and possibly Lime Rock Green is going to be replaced by an Orange.
Yeah, I know. I really like the Cyber Grey--hate to see GM drop that color....but I'm also a Crystal Red lover. Although I like the Limerock & yellow's....they're just too flashy for me. The Tiger Gray....from the pics I have seen, just doesn't do much for me either....right now.

Really interested to see (in person) what a CR looks like with just the black interior and then with the Kalahari.
Old 02-26-2014, 11:52 AM
Kyflyer
Burning Brakes

Default At the museum

Name:  IMG_1421-1.jpg
Views: 409
Size:  136.9 KB
Old 02-26-2014, 11:56 AM
Kyflyer
Burning Brakes

Default Corvette only parking at the plant

Name:  IMG_1436-1.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  248.4 KB
Old 02-26-2014, 11:59 AM
Kyflyer
Burning Brakes

Default Thanks

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
When creating a post, use the "Go Advanced" button, then use the "Manage Attachments" button. That will open a new browser window (or tab). With that window, you can attach photos to your post (use the Browse button to bring up a file open window, select you file then click the Open button. Repeat this for multiple photos and then click the Upload button. When the uploads are complete, click the Close this Window link in the upper right corner. Then click the Preview Post button to see your post with the photos. When you are happy, click the Submit Reply button.

Note: Photos must be in jpg, bmp, or png format and must be 1.91 MB or 2.86 MB or smaller (depending on file format). You may need to resize your photos first.

You can also host your photos on a site like Photobucket and then use the "Insert Image" icon. Full instructions for this method can be found in the Help forum.
I finally figured it out!
Old 02-26-2014, 01:54 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Yeah, I know. I really like the Cyber Grey--hate to see GM drop that color....but I'm also a Crystal Red lover. Although I like the Limerock & yellow's....they're just too flashy for me. The Tiger Gray....from the pics I have seen, just doesn't do much for me either....right now.

Really interested to see (in person) what a CR looks like with just the black interior and then with the Kalahari.
I have the Cyber Gray on my C6 Z06 and love the color. I also have a friend that has a C7 Z51 coupe that is Crystal Red Metallic. It is an awesome color on the C7 in my opinion as it tones down the black plastic vents.
Old 02-26-2014, 02:00 PM
Kyflyer
Burning Brakes

Default Skydome

This was really all we could see going on in the sky dome.Name:  IMG_1402-1.jpg
Views: 352
Size:  225.9 KB
Old 02-26-2014, 02:10 PM
14 Stingray
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you see a Cyber Grey Coupe Z51 with Carbon Flash painted mirrors and spoiler going down the line, tell her to hurry home, we are waiting.

Get notified of new replies

To Museum and Plant tour

Quick Reply: Museum and Plant tour