Sponsored by:

C7 Corvette Order Tracking Frustration

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 04:57 PM
cg02175
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default C7 Corvette Order Tracking Frustration

Upon talking to the dealership, I was told my order for my corvette has been placed. I also went to the GM tracking system located directly on the chevrolet.com website and saw where my order has been sent to GM. The ordering informaton found directly on chevrolet. com is somewhat vague (i.e.no status number such as 1100, 2000 etc and not all options listed.), so I attempted to also track the order another way, which was through the gmconnections website.

Upon registering, I attempted to track my order through the gmconnections website; however, I had no success. I called chevrolet customer service and as usual they were no help, tranferred to the wrong department and had me on hold for way too long. At first they told me the 2014 corvette couldn't be tracked through the gmconnections website, and they later told me the order hasn't been submitted long enough to show up on the gmconnections website, so I don't really know what to believe.

Has one any else had any luck tracking their order through the gmconnections website? If so, how long did it take from the time your dealership submitted the order to GM until you were able to track your order via the gmconnections website. Is this the system that gives you the numbers (i.e. 1100, 2000, 3000), which tell you how your order is progressing?
Old 04-22-2014, 05:13 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Location: I live my life by 2 rules. 1) Never share everything you know. 2)
Received 2,402 Likes on 1,366 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

As has been discussed here a billion times, contact your dealer or the Chev Customer Service sticky thread at the top of this section for your status.

You'll need your order # and the state your dealer is in....
Old 04-22-2014, 05:24 PM
cg02175
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

If possible, my goal was to try to figure out out to track the order myself. I would prefer not to have to bother the forum moderator, salesman or someone else everytime I want check my order status. I can track the order through the tracking system directly off the chevrolet website, but the information given is somewhat vague, so I was hoping to figure out how to track my order through the gmconnections website.
Old 04-22-2014, 06:12 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Location: I live my life by 2 rules. 1) Never share everything you know. 2)
Received 2,402 Likes on 1,366 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

As you found, the Chevy tracking website leaves a bit to be desired.

There is nothing wrong with asking your dealer on a weekly basis for a status update. After all, they're making money off of you, right?
Old 04-22-2014, 07:15 PM
laborsmith
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

gmconnect has not been operative for about two and a half years.

The official Chevy tracking program is a true waste of bandwidth which is likely why Chevrolet continues to maintain its less than helpful service.

Laborsmith
Old 04-22-2014, 07:17 PM
fdxpilot
Safety Car

Received 66 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by cg02175
If possible, my goal was to try to figure out out to track the order myself. I would prefer not to have to bother the forum moderator, salesman or someone else everytime I want check my order status. I can track the order through the tracking system directly off the chevrolet website, but the information given is somewhat vague, so I was hoping to figure out how to track my order through the gmconnections website.
All those status numbers are part of the GM internal system, and not really intended for public consumption. The GM website tracking is all an average customer gets. Only through the diligence of members here and the GM customer service people who respond on the order tracking thread, do we know the meaning of all the codes and the changing status of individual orders.

Just my opinion, but you should be thankful we have this back door access into the ordering system. You could be stuck with just the 5 step GM tracking website and the less-than-informed folks that staff the associated chat-line.
Old 04-22-2014, 07:55 PM
CLAW TLCM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cg02175
Thanks for asking the question... I had the same one after searching and searching. I have read the answers and thanks to everyone for the knowledge. All good now
Old 04-22-2014, 07:56 PM
laborsmith
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Or one could always do what I used to do before gmconnects and than CCS or BeckyD, which was to call, then when it came into being email and always a weekly in person visit to the dealership to get an update.

I never thought I was abusing the dealership staff but I do like not having to appear to be so doing.

Laborsmith

Get notified of new replies

To C7 Corvette Order Tracking Frustration

Quick Reply: C7 Corvette Order Tracking Frustration