I hate my new C7

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2014, 05:04 PM
millers1
Pro

Received 79 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Diver Down
Outstanding troubleshooting!

You know that's what this forum is for, to share solutions to real world issues. Let me add that one to my list

Things to do:

1) buy microscope to see orange peel paint [check]
2) buy heating pad for car seats [check]
3) b-u-y c-o-n-d-o-m.....

Honey......in preparation for my new Stingray I'm going to have to buy some condoms! I'll be right back!! Need anything while I'm out????
Oh my God--too funny!
Old 04-13-2014, 05:06 PM
Shadow9
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 2 Ag R8Cs
When they switched from C5 to C6s I lost all interest in the C6s and never even drove to a dealer to see one in person, then when I heard about the new C7 I just had to have one.

After falling in love with the C7 I started reading all these comments aout how bad the C7 is and all it's faults and soon realized that getting a C7 was a big mistake

There have been some complaints about poor side and rear visibility. I never noticed a problem because I am in the habit of turning my head to get a better view, maybe that is because when I started driving we did not have outside passenger side mirrors and had to turn our heads before moving to the right lane

I loved the Z51 3 LT until I discovered I was foolishly wasting my money and should have got a base 1LT because all that fancy stuff and leather dash board does not make it go faster

I thought I loved the beautiful black wheels that came with the Z51 until I discovered that they were ugly.

I loved the look of the front end until I discovered that the chrome bar in the grill made the car look like it was wearing a dental retainer.

I loved the look of the new rear end and was glad to see that after over 5 decades the dropped the 4 tail lights, until someone mentioned that they made the car look like a Camero

I really loved my vert until I realized that driving my C7 at over 140 MPH in a vert would kill me if I flipped it (I can count the number of times I drove over 140 MPH on one hand and have 5 fingers left over but I still hate the car because it will kill me)

I thought my car looked pretty good and I liked the fact I was able to drive over speed bumps and steep driveways without scraping bottom till I realized the height of my car made it ugly and I needed to make it low enough to scrape bottom when I went over speed bumps.

I thought I liked the fact that I was able to get almost 30 MPG on the ride home from NH until I discovered that the 8 cylinder to 4 cylinder change over was a PITA so I got in my car and turned off the radio and listened very closely and discovered that if In paid real close attention and really listened I could just barely notice the change over. That's when I realized that the technology that helped me get almost 30 MPG and probably saved me a few thousand dollars from the gas guzzler tax was a PITA and was ruining the C7.

I hate the seats because they don't get hot enough, even though I never used the heated seats and probably never will use the heated seats the fact that I can't burn my a$$ makes the seats crap.

One thing I have not been able to understand is if these cars are so bad why are people paying list or over list to get one, and why do people drive almost 1,000 miles to pick one up (I just drove from SC to NH and back to get mine)

If these cars as a crappy as some people say they are why was GM able to increase the price by $3,200 and still have people lining up to get one.

That just goes to show you that just when you fall in love with the C7 and think you found the perfect car all you need to do is read some of the threads that people have posted to find out what a big mistake I made by getting this POS car.

Now that I am finished I am going to have to figure out what to do about my tongue that is firmly stuck to my cheek.

Now that I have managed to get my tongue unstuck from my cheek I would like to mention That one thing that I was concerned with.

I never even sat in a C7 until I drove 900 miles to pay for it. I was not sure about getting in and out of this car. I have owned my 1996 CE ever since it was new and after my back and knees kept on getting worst I never drove the C4 very often because I had a hard time getting in and out. Once I was in the C4 it was OK but there were times I could not get in unless I put the top down and climbed in. I don't know what the C6 is like but the C7 is surprising easy to get in and out of

=================================

Feel free to add other faults that you were not aware of till you read this forum.

That was........AWESOME!!!!! Haha. Good job!!
Old 04-13-2014, 05:06 PM
millers1
Pro

Received 79 Likes on 66 Posts

Hey, don't forget, there's no CD player! All kidding aside, hubby and I love this car!
Old 04-13-2014, 05:11 PM
ChuckWalters
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Excellent read and well done....made me smile!
Old 04-13-2014, 05:22 PM
Guppies
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'14, '21

How about love the infotainment system until I discovered it was too complicated
Old 04-13-2014, 05:23 PM
2 Ag R8Cs
Race Director

Location: Retired Suffolk County Police Dept NY South Carolina
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by millers1
Hey, don't forget, there's no CD player! All kidding aside, hubby and I love this car!
Old 04-13-2014, 05:30 PM
scott53
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

All kidding aside I can't think of a single thing to complain about, I can guarantee you that you are going to love this car. Especially if you owned other generations this is the best ever.
Still chuckling. You are spot on with you original post and overall thoughts on the C7. It is the best ever. Thank you!
Old 04-13-2014, 05:50 PM
05_Z51
Instructor

When they switched from C5 to C6s I lost all interest in the C6s and never even drove to a dealer to see one in person, then when I heard about the new C7 I just had to have one.

After falling in love with the C7 I started reading all these comments aout how bad the C7 is and all it's faults and soon realized that getting a C7 was a big mistake

There have been some complaints about poor side and rear visibility. I never noticed a problem because I am in the habit of turning my head to get a better view, maybe that is because when I started driving we did not have outside passenger side mirrors and had to turn our heads before moving to the right lane

I loved the Z51 3 LT until I discovered I was foolishly wasting my money and should have got a base 1LT because all that fancy stuff and leather dash board does not make it go faster

I thought I loved the beautiful black wheels that came with the Z51 until I discovered that they were ugly.

I loved the look of the front end until I discovered that the chrome bar in the grill made the car look like it was wearing a dental retainer.

I loved the look of the new rear end and was glad to see that after over 5 decades the dropped the 4 tail lights, until someone mentioned that they made the car look like a Camero

I really loved my vert until I realized that driving my C7 at over 140 MPH in a vert would kill me if I flipped it (I can count the number of times I drove over 140 MPH on one hand and have 5 fingers left over but I still hate the car because it will kill me)

I thought my car looked pretty good and I liked the fact I was able to drive over speed bumps and steep driveways without scraping bottom till I realized the height of my car made it ugly and I needed to make it low enough to scrape bottom when I went over speed bumps.

I thought I liked the fact that I was able to get almost 30 MPG on the ride home from NH until I discovered that the 8 cylinder to 4 cylinder change over was a PITA so I got in my car and turned off the radio and listened very closely and discovered that if In paid real close attention and really listened I could just barely notice the change over. That's when I realized that the technology that helped me get almost 30 MPG and probably saved me a few thousand dollars from the gas guzzler tax was a PITA and was ruining the C7.

I hate the seats because they don't get hot enough, even though I never used the heated seats and probably never will use the heated seats the fact that I can't burn my a$$ makes the seats crap.

One thing I have not been able to understand is if these cars are so bad why are people paying list or over list to get one, and why do people drive almost 1,000 miles to pick one up (I just drove from SC to NH and back to get mine)

If these cars as a crappy as some people say they are why was GM able to increase the price by $3,200 and still have people lining up to get one.

That just goes to show you that just when you fall in love with the C7 and think you found the perfect car all you need to do is read some of the threads that people have posted to find out what a big mistake I made by getting this POS car.

Now that I am finished I am going to have to figure out what to do about my tongue that is firmly stuck to my cheek.

Now that I have managed to get my tongue unstuck from my cheek I would like to mention That one thing that I was concerned with.

I never even sat in a C7 until I drove 900 miles to pay for it. I was not sure about getting in and out of this car. I have owned my 1996 CE ever since it was new and after my back and knees kept on getting worst I never drove the C4 very often because I had a hard time getting in and out. Once I was in the C4 it was OK but there were times I could not get in unless I put the top down and climbed in. I don't know what the C6 is like but the C7 is surprising easy to get in and out of

=================================

Feel free to add other faults that you were not aware of till you read this forum.

You are just nostalgic and stubborn for your good ol 1996.

Get with it buddy. The C7 is cheap attention.

I almost pi$$3d myself when I seen one the other day. Is it a Ferrari ???, is it a Lotus ??... wait, its a C7 !
Old 04-13-2014, 05:53 PM
05_Z51
Instructor

Originally Posted by C6Warrior
I dislike the (look at me) styling and the fact the C7 Convertible has no rollover protection. Its looking more like a new 911 will be in my future car buying plans. It has what I like Conservative styling and rollover protection.
Getting older are you....
Old 04-13-2014, 05:57 PM
J18369
Racer

St. Jude Donor '09, '14

Many years ago I was told by my insurance agent that my company would drop me if I bought a Corvette. Back then it was hard for a young male driver to get insurance on a Vette. He also told me to get something more practical like a Cadillac. Needless to say but I was the one that dropped them. Some people will never understand why a person would want something so impractical but all I can say is the car is worth the wait. And the fact is it does not matter what you get, regardless of whether it is a Z51 or non Z51, 1LT 2LT or 3LT vert or coupe or vert it really does not matter you are getting the best Corvette ever, it is a car many people spend their lives dreaming of owning but never are able to get.

Do not pay attention to any nay sayers your are going to love your new car.
I was actually surprised when I went from an 07 Mustang GT at 21 years old to my 2009 C6 that my insurance dropped from $300 a month to $100 a month. My agent said it was because there wasn't any data on young Corvette drivers. I think I actually save more money by owning Corvette's these days.

People my age, even co-workers who do the same job always ask me how I do it. I just tell them to save every penny, pay off your house, buy your cars cash. It's easy. So many more folks could enjoy such a badass car if they didn't spend superfluous money partying every Friday.

Last edited by J18369; 04-13-2014 at 06:00 PM.
Old 04-13-2014, 06:18 PM
RussM05
Melting Slicks

Received 1,013 Likes on 365 Posts

Gold star!
Old 04-13-2014, 06:32 PM
2 Ag R8Cs
Race Director

Originally Posted by 05_Z51
You are just nostalgic and stubborn for your good ol 1996.

Get with it buddy. The C7 is cheap attention.

I almost pi$$3d myself when I seen one the other day. Is it a Ferrari ???, is it a Lotus ??... wait, its a C7 !
Maybe you do not get the fact it was a joke, I love my new C7, I happen to love every generation Corvette but there are some generations that I love less than other generations of Vettes

I have owned my 1996 since it was new in 96 and still own it and still love it, I still own the 1962 that I bought about 14 years ago but the fact that I love my two older Vettes does not mean that I do not believe my new C7 isn't the best Vette yet, and I bet in 2 or 3 years from now my next C7 will be even better.
Old 04-13-2014, 07:44 PM
flaagan
CF "Young" Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by 82z28nd
I'm 4/28 build week! Can't wait to get it to find something to bitch about.
Hey, same here, as far as last I was told by my salesman! And I hate the C7 so much, I'm making sure to stay away from it for almost another month after it's built, and those jokers are making me fly out to Kentucky to get it!
Old 04-13-2014, 07:53 PM
1Bridog
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

Default Too bad

It was kinda sad too, when I read the post about the guy who ran 11.7@119 or something like that ......"stock"

Sucks?

Originally Posted by flaagan
Hey, same here, as far as last I was told by my salesman! And I hate the C7 so much, I'm making sure to stay away from it for almost another month after it's built, and those jokers are making me fly out to Kentucky to get it!
Old 04-13-2014, 08:09 PM
Cruncher
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You are correct but I wasn't able to see the orange peel till I got home and got a magnifying glass. The O/P is real bad if you look at the car with a magnifying glass, a real disappointment.
Hmmmm, I must have excellent eyesight...maybe even supervision. The orange peel, for me, was pretty easy to see...maybe it was just the four vehicles that I saw...in the four magazines.
Old 04-13-2014, 08:22 PM
DanTheFireman
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jagamajajaran
at OP

C6Warrior, why are you here? Can't find a good Porsche forum or something? I'm honestly confused as to why you spend time here.
Maybe drop the Pors and replace with Dou.
Old 04-13-2014, 08:29 PM
AttyVette
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 117 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by HalfMoon
In for the trolls that won't read the whole thing.

Predicting that this thread is going to be a mess.

Get notified of new replies

To I hate my new C7

Old 04-13-2014, 08:36 PM
Racerdj
Melting Slicks

Received 284 Likes on 180 Posts

I love your ramblings!
Old 04-13-2014, 08:36 PM
2 Ag R8Cs
Race Director

Originally Posted by Cruncher
Hmmmm, I must have excellent eyesight...maybe even supervision. The orange peel, for me, was pretty easy to see...maybe it was just the four vehicles that I saw...in the four magazines.
My camera was either lost or stolen on my trip to pick up the car so I can't show any pictures. I will try to post pictures when I get a replacement camera but as far as I am concerned the paint is perfect. From all the complaints that I read I was worried about driving over 900 miles to buy a car with a bad paint job and when I asked the salesman he said it was OK, he also said the silver is one of the colors the has the least problems with paint. I honestly can not find a single problem with my car.
Old 04-13-2014, 08:39 PM
themonk
Team Owner

Location: Calgary, AB. There's a reason why white was the only color offered on every year Corvette. Proud Canadian German Jamaican!
Received 1,456 Likes on 799 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09, '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Camaro, not Camero.

Quick Reply: I hate my new C7