C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Apsis: Do you have an uncomfortable experience with C7 Seats?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2015, 01:48 AM
kevincol
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 109 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by apsisusa

I found out the vertical section of seat was ok but the horizontal section was soooooooo uncomfortable especially the side bolster where the thigh sat over. I even felt pain and num so I had to lift up my leg to prevent my thigh laying over the bolster.

I didn't know I could adjust the bolster that is by my thigh. Mine doesn't adjust with the automatic controls, just the bolsters along my back. I will have to go out and try it. I'm 6'5" so my left leg doesn't go straight forward, it bends to the door, thus the reason it is riding on the bolster. My thigh didn't go numb, but it felt like I had my wallet in my back pocket.
Old 08-04-2015, 02:48 PM
plumalan
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 31 Posts

This past weekend we had memorial getaway ride with our new C7 Vert and it's about 1200 miles trip.

I found out the vertical section of seat was ok but the horizontal section was soooooooo uncomfortable especially the side bolster where the thigh sat over. I even felt pain and num so I had to lift up my leg to prevent my thigh laying over the bolster.

On my way home I tried to push the side bolster down and outward with my hand and then I felt much more comfortable. I felt the way the side bolster was designed it seemed the angle of cushion was too sharp and it created too much pressure on the thigh.

My wife had same experience although she is skinnier.

I am wondering if it's just me or some of you have similar experience with C7 Seats?

Some of you may have bigger butt than us and weigh heavier. Just wondering if you feel better since you may sit over the entire horizontal section?

Like to hear your experience.

If many of you have same or similar experience, then we may consider to do some mod for C7 Seats to improve the comfortness. (?)
I can't imagine anyone having a problem with the C7 seats. I have the competition seats and they are absolutely the most comfortable seat I have ever set in. With all of the adjustments you can make up and down, tilt forward and back and seat back and forward.
I could not love mine more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-04-2015, 09:05 PM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 439 Likes on 196 Posts

One size never fits all. There is no doubt in my mind some may not like the seats.
In my opinion they are the best seats Corvette ever used. I have had every generation. My first was a 1962.
Old 08-04-2015, 11:29 PM
Crossed Flags Fan
Melting Slicks

Received 493 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by djpatrick35
Interesting, I have not had any of the issues that you guys have referred to and I was kind of expecting them given the more heavily-bolstered seats. When I was shopping, I also looked at a BMW M4 and its seats stuck into the ol' derriere more than the C7. My old C4 ZR-1 and its Sport Seats were downright unbearable for my giant *** (6'6"-275), so maybe I'm just used to heavily-bolstered seats?

Anyway, more importantly, is that real carbon fiber or a wrap? Because if it's real, that may be considered for the mod list!

Hi - its carbon fiber wrap...
Old 08-05-2015, 08:49 AM
chefcg1
Melting Slicks

Received 560 Likes on 379 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by Crossed Flags Fan
Hi - its carbon fiber wrap...
Nice, I had not noticed that the first time I looked at the pic. I need to pic some of that up.
Old 04-15-2017, 08:59 PM
Ash Khodabakhsh
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Same

I have the same issue. I just got my car from being serviced and noticed it. I have to take it back.
Originally Posted by Crossed Flags Fan
Not the same complaint, but on the drivers side if you press down slightly off center of the seat bottom almost where it meets the seatback it feels like a metal rod. We brought it to the dealer today and the are contacting the engineers to find out why it feels that way. Two other C7s being prepped there had the same feel.
Old 05-25-2018, 01:34 PM
Hboyle
Cruising

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Seat

Originally Posted by Randy WS6
I have the Comp seats and they do the same thing , after driving for a while I start hurting on my left thigh and I have the M7 and it hurts really bad after cruising around pushing in on the clutch pedal, almost feels like a pulled muscle in my left leg. I was going to take it on my vacation to FL. but im going to leave it at home , I don't want to hurt all the way down there. Its a shame that I cant drive it on long distances

Where the red arrow is where it hurt my thigh, I have a 34" waist
Attachment 48138336
i have the same issue with my 2019 GS. I even added a seat pad but that is not great either.
Old 05-25-2018, 03:45 PM
MNku
Advanced

Received 58 Likes on 14 Posts

This past weekend we had memorial getaway ride with our new C7 Vert and it's about 1200 miles trip.

On my way home I tried to push the side bolster down and outward with my hand and then I felt much more comfortable. I felt the way the side bolster was designed it seemed the angle of cushion was too sharp and it created too much pressure on the thigh.

My wife had same experience although she is skinnier.

I am wondering if it's just me or some of you have similar experience with C7 Seats?

Some of you may have bigger butt than us and weigh heavier. Just wondering if you feel better since you may sit over the entire horizontal section?

Like to hear your experience.

If many of you have same or similar experience, then we may consider to do some mod for C7 Seats to improve the comfortness. (?)
This happened to me on a trip from MN to FL- so bad I thought I would have to sell the car. I read posts about this and I think this happens to some people and not others and is not related to fat / skinny but leg length.

I took the seat out, took the cover off, drilled the bolster and then I cut two squares of camping mat and put them on the horiz seat surface to lift me up a little and then put the cover over the mats. The problem went away completely. It wasn't that hard to get the seat out and do this and then back in. Definitely would be worth it to you!

Last edited by MNku; 05-25-2018 at 03:47 PM.
Old 05-25-2018, 04:55 PM
aj98
Melting Slicks

Received 168 Likes on 137 Posts

I have the mid-grade seats.
IMHO, much better feel/body grip than the C5 sport seats, especially during spirited driving.

The issue with longer trips may not be with your body type per se, but whats in your wallet.
Literally.

I've found on longer trips, I have to take my wallet out of the back pocket, otherwise, I sit crooked in the seat (wallet side elevated).
Over time, this generates lower back pain, etc.

Remove the wallet, levels out the hips, no issues.

Last edited by aj98; 05-25-2018 at 04:57 PM.
Old 05-25-2018, 05:01 PM
Avanti
Race Director

Received 5,217 Likes on 3,459 Posts

I have the "base" seats. During and after my 1600 mile trip home from Herbeck's I was very pleasantly surprised how well they fit me and how comfortable they proved to be. They are FAR better than any other non-Recaro stock seats I've ever owned--and, I'm no "spring chicken."
Old 05-27-2018, 09:33 AM
911Hunter
Burning Brakes

Received 140 Likes on 101 Posts

I'm 5"8 tall, no issues with my GT seats. I like them even for 4 hours travel.
Old 03-18-2020, 09:32 AM
lepritchard
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just found this post. Have tried all of other methods mentioned except this one, which I or my upholstery guy did not think of. Thanks will give it a try
Old 03-18-2020, 10:42 AM
z51vett
Le Mans Master

Received 277 Likes on 169 Posts

16 Z06 had upholstery shop build me a cushion that raised me up off sides of seat and extended out over side of seat I now sit higher above sides of seats no pain. Found out had a little arthritis in my left Thigh area.
z51vett

Quick Reply: Apsis: Do you have an uncomfortable experience with C7 Seats?