Sponsored by:

Order question

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2014, 05:15 PM
TKay
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Order question

I plan on ordering a 15 very soon. My wife posed a question. What if I change my mind because I find a better deal on a like car at another dealer. Or what if I change my mind on color etc. Will the dealer refund my deposit or is it lost if I do not take possession.
Old 05-28-2014, 05:17 PM
Glen e
Race Director

Received 1,125 Likes on 568 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by TKay
I plan on ordering a 15 very soon. My wife posed a question. What if I change my mind because I find a better deal on a like car at another dealer. Or what if I change my mind on color etc. Will the dealer refund my deposit or is it lost if I do not take possession.
Depends on dealer, most will refund unless you order some goofy combo...
Old 05-28-2014, 05:21 PM
mikebq
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Order ?

Originally Posted by TKay
I work at a chevy dealer. If your contract says non-refundable deposit. Then you will have a problem if not your fine. Even if it does get a lawyer, and you will get it back. When the 14 vettes were starting to come out we were taking $5k non refundable deposits, but if you made a big enough mess , and started getting loud, we would give the money back immediately. Most dealerships will understand, but maybe not for a color change..
Old 05-28-2014, 05:23 PM
mikebq
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Default deposit

Originally Posted by Glen e
Depends on dealer, most will refund unless you order some goofy combo...
Old 05-29-2014, 07:19 AM
C7Joy
Race Director

Received 176 Likes on 157 Posts

I think the best advice is to take your time and understand all the options. Use the tools on the GM site to render your car with its colors and options in place so you can get a good idea of what it will look like. You can also scan the forum and probably find something very close to what you think your are interested in buying in actual pictures. I found these things helpful and made my selections over a period of a couple of weeks.
Old 05-29-2014, 08:43 AM
Sailfun
Racer

Received 92 Likes on 51 Posts

If you make a non refundable deposit don't expect to get it back. There is really no point in a deposit if it will always be returned.
Old 05-29-2014, 08:50 AM
Glen e
Race Director

Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by Sailfun
If you make a non refundable deposit don't expect to get it back. There is really no point in a deposit if it will always be returned.

Never seen a deposit you can't get back. Dealers will return anything these days with a push. They don't want the static on social media.....
Old 05-29-2014, 11:04 AM
mikebq
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Default deposit

Originally Posted by Glen e
Never seen a deposit you can't get back. Dealers will return anything these days with a push. They don't want the static on social media.....
Old 05-29-2014, 12:03 PM
bjhayes
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Several dealers I have been talking to recently all say they will refund the deposit up to the point the order is accepted by GM.
Old 05-29-2014, 12:05 PM
youcancallmeray
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sailfun
Should you get your deposit back if the dealer is unable to get your car? I ordered my C7 over 4 months ago and still at 1100 with very little chance of getting a 2014.
Old 05-29-2014, 12:19 PM
Glen e
Race Director

Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by bjhayes
Several dealers I have been talking to recently all say they will refund the deposit up to the point the order is accepted by GM.
again, on a vette you can get it back practically at any point if you push it...they are not out anything if you back out in this market condition...that being said, take the order process seriously, if they think you're just jacking them around, they'll hold it for longer than if you have a legit reason oyu need it back...

this comes from my experience running a couple hi line dealerships in my past...
Old 05-29-2014, 01:06 PM
Corgidog1
Le Mans Master

Received 2,526 Likes on 1,483 Posts

Originally Posted by youcancallmeray
Should you get your deposit back if the dealer is unable to get your car? I ordered my C7 over 4 months ago and still at 1100 with very little chance of getting a 2014.
Of course you can get your deposit back. You put a deposit down to get a 2014 car, and if the dealer cannot get you a car, you received no value for your deposit and therefore are entiled to get your money back.

Get notified of new replies

To Order question

Quick Reply: Order question