C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone bypass the navigation to watch videos?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 09:49 AM
RowboatLS3
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Anyone bypass the navigation to watch videos?

I want to see if anyone has bypassed their navigation to watch music videos while driving. I want to be able to play videos on the screen. Has anyone done this yet? Thanks
Old 06-02-2014, 10:01 AM
shaan
Melting Slicks

Received 84 Likes on 17 Posts

I can play them while parked only, not driving, I don't think I would want it while driving This car has too much power to be distracted by a video
Old 06-02-2014, 10:16 AM
nsxpilot
Instructor

its frightening to see people doing all sorts of dumb-*** things while operating their vehicle.......bowl of cereal in your lap? no problem, brushing your teeth--- or the all too popular practice of putting make-up on? yeah, piece of cake!......reading a book on your lap, texting or posting that all important facebook update? relax, its all in fun!
Old 06-02-2014, 10:20 AM
John Micheal Henry
Drifting

Received 275 Likes on 195 Posts

I really can't believe it. You have a New C7 and want to watch music videos while driving down the road? No comment needed.
Old 06-02-2014, 10:20 AM
RowboatLS3
Instructor

It was just a question. If you dont have an answer then dont even bother posting. I know its all in fun but if its my choice to watch a video while driving then thats on me..Im not telling you to watch a video while YOURE driving. But thanks for your comment.

Its not that hard to multi task people. Its me taking the risk not yall. So relax
Old 06-02-2014, 10:26 AM
Crawler
Instructor

Have I seen it done? Yes.
Old 06-02-2014, 10:28 AM
jerryv
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RowboatLS3
It was just a question. If you dont have an answer then dont even bother posting. I know its all in fun but if its my choice to watch a video while driving then thats on me..Im not telling you to watch a video while YOURE driving. But thanks for your comment.

Its not that hard to multi task people. Its me taking the risk not yall. So relax
You're apparently a narcissistic, self-entitled a$$hole. When you're driving, you're sharing the road with other human beings .. mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers. Actual human beings. So if you do something stupid, you're endangering OTHER people. If you want to play Russian roulette with your own pathetic life, feel free. But you don't have the right to make OTHER people play your stupid games.
Old 06-02-2014, 10:30 AM
EVL-C8
Pro

Received 258 Likes on 94 Posts

Videos? ...... How do watch Videos on the screen?
Old 06-02-2014, 10:31 AM
RowboatLS3
Instructor

This right here proves why everyone calls corvette owners *******s because of the stupid things that people say. If you dont have an answer stay the hell out of the thread simple as that.
Old 06-02-2014, 10:33 AM
Motohead279
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

My first response to this thread was so that passengers can watch videos. But then you made it clear that you want to watch video and drive.

I'm glad I'm 1200 miles away from where you'll be driving. I just feel bad for the poor family you eventually end up killing.
The following users liked this post:
Fastmikefree (12-02-2015)
Old 06-02-2014, 10:38 AM
dbdave
Le Mans Master

Received 191 Likes on 138 Posts

Yup. Until you run into someone else. You are not the only one in this world.
Old 06-02-2014, 10:42 AM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Location: I live my life by 2 rules. 1) Never share everything you know. 2)
Received 2,402 Likes on 1,366 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

This right here proves why everyone calls corvette owners *******s because of the stupid things that people say.
Or perhaps because some Corvette owners (want to) do stupid THINGS?
Old 06-02-2014, 10:46 AM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,752 Likes on 4,181 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

Guys, why can't we have a civil conversation?

There's no need to get in each other's faces. Keep it civil, please.
Old 06-02-2014, 10:49 AM
EVL-C8
Pro

Received 258 Likes on 94 Posts

I just didn't know you could watch a video on the screen? Or can you?

I would never attempt to do that while driving but would be kinda cool to be able to do waiting in the parking lot?
Old 06-02-2014, 10:49 AM
nsxpilot
Instructor

Originally Posted by jerryv
You're apparently a narcissistic, self-entitled a$$hole. When you're driving, you're sharing the road with other human beings .. mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers. Actual human beings. So if you do something stupid, you're endangering OTHER people. If you want to play Russian roulette with your own pathetic life, feel free. But you don't have the right to make OTHER people play your stupid games.
Old 06-02-2014, 10:51 AM
RowboatLS3
Instructor

I tried doing that but people want to get off topic. It was meant for the passangers to watch videos. I didnt think it was that big of a deal where i needed to post that. Either way, if someone has done this please let me know. You guys are acting like yall are perfect drivers. Dont tell me youve never turned the radio up too loud to where itll distract your driving. Or taken a phone call so youre not paying attention to the road. No one ever does things like that in this perfect world we live in. I guess im the only "as$hole" driver out on the road.
Old 06-02-2014, 10:52 AM
Cruiter
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
On order: Torch Red Z51

I so like the way you responded . Now I won't have to and break rules with what I may have said. I'm just not as diplomatic as your response was Plus it seems someone spending this much money for a car would rather watch a video on a bigger screen at home.

Originally Posted by Motohead279
My first response to this thread was so that passengers can watch videos. But then you made it clear that you want to watch video and drive.

I'm glad I'm 1200 miles away from where you'll be driving. I just feel bad for the poor family you eventually end up killing.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone bypass the navigation to watch videos?

Old 06-02-2014, 10:52 AM
Crawler
Instructor

Will I disclose how its done? No.

Multiple reasons for this. Foremost, its a major safety issue and illegal in Texas.

The resources are out there to unlock the screen. You will have to do your own research just as I have. The answer is not currently on any of the Corvette Specific Forums that I view.

You are correct that you are your own persona and can make your own decisions. Unfortunately this has the potential to harm others relatively easily.

I wish you the best.
Old 06-02-2014, 11:07 AM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,752 Likes on 4,181 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

Originally Posted by jerryv

Rowboat, obviously watching a video while driving would not be in anyone's best interest. I would request that you rethink that.

Jerry, I understand your response, but note that name calling will NOT be tolerated on CorvetteForum.

Consider this a "Note to Self" and a friendly warning. I'm confident you won't do this going forward.
Old 06-02-2014, 11:43 AM
Monaco335
Instructor

I had a screen bypass on my 335i. tvandnav2go.com and navtv are two companies that make bypasses so you can hook up a video source. I would contact them.

I would check compatibility for this for the c7.
http://tvandnav2go.com/cadillac/64-c...nterface-.html

mp3car.com can also give you some resources but they're more about full blown car computers.

There are a lot of unproductive posts in this thread. It's not a secret... just help the guy out and let him make his own decisions. What's the point of Crawler's "I wont disclose" nonsense... just dont post at all then instead of making the OP feel bad.

Last edited by Monaco335; 06-02-2014 at 12:07 PM.

Quick Reply: Anyone bypass the navigation to watch videos?