C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just made $100 for putting down a deposit on a C7..*Florida members should read this*

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 08:07 AM
mfear
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Right, glen. I don't go around leaving deposits to make $100 lol. Point is the dealer could have avoided this by doing one of two things:

1) follow the law, which they are surely aware of; or
2) return my money when I asked for it.

These laws are in place because dealers take advantage of people. I'm no dummy and hopefully my letter will remind them that they need to play by the rules so that other people don't get taken. I can't imagine how many deposits they've kept from other, less-savvy customers.
Old 06-12-2014, 08:17 AM
creeves84
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mfear
And everyone ignores that the dealer hasn't returned my money. They were able to take it from me within 10 minutes of me walking in the door, but they can return it in a reasonable amount of time? Another dealer I had a deposit with returned my money the very next day when I told them I found a car elsewhere, no issues. I could have sent them a letter, too, but I didn't because they understand how to conduct business.

Let me know how lonely it is up on your soapbox, fellas.
No you are missing the point- its not the money or deposit that is part of "my soapbox" but your drive to brag about this on a forum. Many times a follow up conversation with a dealer can get to the resolution if they are a reputable dealer. If they are not you can take a different route. It appears you jumped right to a different route.
Old 06-12-2014, 08:18 AM
mfear
Pro

Thanks for being an expert on all of the details of the transaction.
Old 06-12-2014, 08:25 AM
FOOTR 1
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And everyone ignores that the dealer hasn't returned my money. They were able to take it from me within 10 minutes of me walking in the door, but they can return it in a reasonable amount of time? Another dealer I had a deposit with returned my money the very next day when I told them I found a car elsewhere, no issues. I could have sent them a letter, too, but I didn't because they understand how to conduct business.

Let me know how lonely it is up on your soapbox, fellas.
Let me guess.....you live in Ft. Lauderdale but you came from New York or North Jersey?
Old 06-12-2014, 08:26 AM
creeves84
Advanced

Thanks for being an expert on all of the details of the transaction.
Not an expert, never claimed to be on this-just looking at what you posted. I was there before and it worked out without going to a forum and telling everyone that I made a $100.

I live in a different state but had a like situation. I asked for the deposit and didn't receive it as quick as I thought I should. I had a conversation with the business manager and it was ready for me to pick up that afternoon. There are bad dealers but it is really not the money that made me comment.

Look at the title of your post- then you wonder why people are commenting on lawyers and this post.
Old 06-12-2014, 08:27 AM
Big Dan 427
Safety Car

Talk about having nothing better to do.
Old 06-12-2014, 08:31 AM
mfear
Pro

Originally Posted by FOOTR 1
Let me guess.....you live in Ft. Lauderdale but you came from New York or North Jersey?
Canada.
Old 06-12-2014, 08:33 AM
Mfserge
Safety Car

Received 37 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildmanht

What a D-Bag you are mfear.....
In the short time I've been here I've noticed that every discussion has to include at least one person who feels the need to sling insults at another person. Quite a few threads recently have resulted in the mods reminding everyone of the forum rules. Your comment is out of line regardless of how you feel about his actions or his profession. We could all practice a little more discretion before blurting the first stupid thought that jumps in our minds.

Laws are in place for a reason, mostly to protect us, and they need to be followed. In the OP's case, the dealer didn't follow the rules, he found a car elsewhere, and is legally entitled to his money back. Dealer should refund the money, it's not like they went through excruciating work entering his order. How about the hundreds of stories where dealers promised C7's to customers knowing they didn't have allocation, where were all you dealer defenders then? Everyone loves to pile on attorneys until they need one.

Y'all need to calm down and learn how to engage in civil discussions because in the short time I've been here ya'll make the C7 community look like a bunch of __________ (not so great people).
Old 06-12-2014, 08:38 AM
Cruiter
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
On order: Torch Red Z51

1st, he gave him a debit card. In today's world of bank fraud, what financially savvy person would give a debit card for a transaction like that? If you're ready to place the order, a credit card would do then if there's an issue you have can get recourse through the bank.
Old 06-12-2014, 08:48 AM
Al Blue4.6l
Racer

Originally Posted by Mfserge
Everyone loves to pile on attorneys until they need one.
actually this kind of started with my post. and I am an attorney.

but yes, I continue to find the original post and attitude distasteful.
Old 06-12-2014, 08:49 AM
mfear
Pro

Originally Posted by Mfserge
In the short time I've been here I've noticed that every discussion has to include at least one person who feels the need to sling insults at another person. Quite a few threads recently have resulted in the mods reminding everyone of the forum rules. Your comment is out of line regardless of how you feel about his actions or his profession. We could all practice a little more discretion before blurting the first stupid thought that jumps in our minds.

Laws are in place for a reason, mostly to protect us, and they need to be followed. In the OP's case, the dealer didn't follow the rules, he found a car elsewhere, and is legally entitled to his money back. Dealer should refund the money, it's not like they went through excruciating work entering his order. How about the hundreds of stories where dealers promised C7's to customers knowing they didn't have allocation, where were all you dealer defenders then? Everyone loves to pile on attorneys until they need one.

Y'all need to calm down and learn how to engage in civil discussions because in the short time I've been here ya'll make the C7 community look like a bunch of __________ (not so great people).

It's the internet, everyone's a tough guy. If I took ANYTHING on this, or any other forum, seriously -- i'd have to jump out of a window

Thanks for trying to provide a little bit of maturity, though.
Old 06-12-2014, 08:50 AM
mfear
Pro

Originally Posted by Cruiter
1st, he gave him a debit card. In today's world of bank fraud, what financially savvy person would give a debit card for a transaction like that? If you're ready to place the order, a credit card would do then if there's an issue you have can get recourse through the bank.
I'M TERRIBLE I DON'T USE CREDIT CARDS. EVERYONE ON THE FORUM SHOULD GIVE ME A HARD TIME ABOUT IT!!

Oh, and welcome to the 21st century:

Chase Debit Card Zero-Liability Protection: You don't pay for any unauthorized debit card transactions when you notify us promptly.
Guaranteed Reimbursement: Unauthorized purchases and withdrawals are back in your account by the end of the next business day. You don't have to wait while we investigate.
Old 06-12-2014, 08:57 AM
Motohead279
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

What's the difference between a dead dog in the road and a dead lawyer in the road?
There are skid marks before the dog.

Ok, lighten up people, it's a joke!
Old 06-12-2014, 08:57 AM
mfear
Pro

Originally Posted by Motohead279
What's the difference between a dead dog in the road and a dead lawyer in the road?
There are skid marks before the dog.

Ok, lighten up people, it's a joke!
What do you call 10 lawyers chained to the bottom of the ocean?

A good start.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:01 AM
Big Dan 427
Safety Car

Why did God invent lawyers?
So car sales people could have someone to look down on!
Old 06-12-2014, 09:04 AM
creeves84
Advanced

I'M TERRIBLE I DON'T USE CREDIT CARDS. EVERYONE ON THE FORUM SHOULD GIVE ME A HARD TIME ABOUT IT!!

Oh, and welcome to the 21st century:

Chase Debit Card Zero-Liability Protection: You don't pay for any unauthorized debit card transactions when you notify us promptly.
Guaranteed Reimbursement: Unauthorized purchases and withdrawals are back in your account by the end of the next business day. You don't have to wait while we investigate.
So now you are saying this is "unauthorized". Sorry but no one was found guilty of breaking the law have they- the dealer was proven guilty? Yes there is a law that says they are didn't follow the process of the receipt and notification. So you think Chase would "refund" just on your word. You signed the receipt didn't you- if so you could also be in trouble if you claim it was unauthorized couldn't you but you signed that receipt. This is a dispute on refund timing, I'm not a lawyer but I would doubt this falls into unauthorized.

Last edited by creeves84; 06-12-2014 at 09:08 AM.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:06 AM
creeves84
Advanced

What do you call 10 lawyers chained to the bottom of the ocean?

A good start.
You do have a good sense of humor! Lawyers do get a bad rap- not saying you are a bad lawyer at all. The tone of the posts are just really strong, in my mind.

Get notified of new replies

To Just made $100 for putting down a deposit on a C7..*Florida members should read this*

Old 06-12-2014, 09:06 AM
mfear
Pro

Originally Posted by creeves84
So now you are saying this is "unauthorized". Sorry but no one was found guilty of breaking the law have they- the dealer was proven guilty? Yes there is a law that says they are didn't follow the process of the receipt and notification. So you think Chase would "refund" just on your word. You signed the receipt didn't you- if so you could also be in trouble if you claim it was unauthorized couldn't you but you signed that receipt. This is a dispute on refund timing, I'm not a lawyer but I would doubt this falls into unauthorized.
Do you not read, or are you just trying to instigate?

My post was in response, as you might see based on the QUOTES I provided, to Cruiter's comment, which I will AGAIN provide for you, so that you may now attempt to follow along with the conversation:

Originally Posted by Cruiter

Last edited by mfear; 06-12-2014 at 09:09 AM.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:08 AM
mfear
Pro

Originally Posted by creeves84
You do have a good sense of humor! Layers do get a bad rap- not saying you are a bad layer at all. The tone of the posts are just really strong, in my mind.

In my opinion, on forums, people tend to take whatever tone they want -- then they make a post about it, then it becomes a 'bully/group' mentality and everyone else joins in.

There's no "tone" on the internet, so people will just interpret it however they want. I'm okay with that, since I don't really care what anyone on the forum has to say about anything.. don't take that offensively -- I just mean that I don't know any of you people, so youre attitudes, remarks or opinions on the things I do, say or feel is really not important to me. I'm sure you feel the same about me and others.

I try to be respectful, at least.. which is more than I can say for quite a few people in this thread. They attacked me as if they're the ones who are going to have to pay the penalty.. it's quite a confusing reaction.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:08 AM
Big Dan 427
Safety Car

OP are you paying yourself by the hour?

Quick Reply: Just made $100 for putting down a deposit on a C7..*Florida members should read this*