Buying C7 Corvette in SoCal

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2014, 11:54 AM
ATX-C7
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by iLLuSiON38
Thanks for the info man. I've sent an email to Tommy at MacMulkin if he has a preferred dealer in SoCal he has a good relationship with. Awaiting a response. He did mention to me courtesy delivery would be in the range of 300-500. Hell no I'm paying 1000 to rydell.

Btw, how long did the courtesy delivery take to get your car once it was all built and sent of to Cali? Tommy said it takes around 3 weeks from his experience.
Listen to Tommy--he knows what he's talking about.
Old 08-02-2014, 12:48 PM
Algiers
Pro

Btw, how long did the courtesy delivery take to get your car once it was all built and sent of to Cali? Tommy said it takes around 3 weeks from his experience.
Just keep in mind that there are lots of factors that could delay it further that your dealer would have no control over. They have to fill up the train in Toledo before it heads out here. I've read posts of it taking over 2 months but this seems uncommon. This thread has some interesting info.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...mira-loma.html

Again this has nothing to do with which dealer you ordered from and would be the extact same scenario if you bought local or did the courtesy delivery.
Old 08-02-2014, 01:04 PM
iLLuSiON38
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Algiers
Just keep in mind that there are lots of factors that could delay it further that your dealer would have no control over. They have to fill up the train in Toledo before it heads out here. I've read posts of it taking over 2 months but this seems uncommon. This thread has some interesting info.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...mira-loma.html

Again this has nothing to do with which dealer you ordered from and would be the extact same scenario if you bought local or did the courtesy delivery.
Thanks for the info. I'll trust Tommy's experience in dealing with doing courtesy to SoCal

I have a constraint to worry about first, ordered CFZ carbon fiber ground effects, and that's been on constraint.
Old 08-02-2014, 01:17 PM
Algiers
Pro

Thanks for the info. I'll trust Tommy's experience in dealing with doing courtesy to SoCal

I have a constraint to worry about first, ordered CFZ carbon fiber ground effects, and that's been on constraint.
Yeah he definitely knows what he's doing. I just wanted to bring it up so everyone is aware of the possible uncontrollable delays. I have TPW of 8/18 and I'm trying to plan accordingly. Keep holding out for the CFZ. It looks amazing.
Old 08-02-2014, 02:06 PM
ETHYL
Pro

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Thanks for the info man. I've sent an email to Tommy at MacMulkin if he has a preferred dealer in SoCal he has a good relationship with. Awaiting a response. He did mention to me courtesy delivery would be in the range of 300-500. Hell no I'm paying 1000 to rydell.

I was notified that my car was on its way to Ohio from Bowling Green on 4/25. I picked it up at the Courtesy dealer on May 23. The dealer my have had it a day or so for prep then called me to pick it up. So, expect around 3 weeks.
(Truck to Ohio rail yard, sits in rail yard until loaded on train, train to Mira Loma rail yard, waits for truck to transport it to dealer)
Old 08-02-2014, 05:54 PM
SN4R3
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ETHYL
I was notified that my car was on its way to Ohio from Bowling Green on 4/25. I picked it up at the Courtesy dealer on May 23. The dealer my have had it a day or so for prep then called me to pick it up. So, expect around 3 weeks.
(Truck to Ohio rail yard, sits in rail yard until loaded on train, train to Mira Loma rail yard, waits for truck to transport it to dealer)
This is a very good approximation. If the tracking is correct on my order, it should be around 3 weeks. Mine was built 7/17 and has an ETA to Mira Loma, CA of 8/9 since it is currently traveling by rail. 3 weeks seems to be the mark of the average delivery to Socal.

Quick Reply: Buying C7 Corvette in SoCal