C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone know where the VDC in Bowling Green is?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 02:40 PM
USMCVETC7
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Anyone know where the VDC in Bowling Green is?

I got the following reply from Customer Service Chat this morning. It is a manual trany so its not being held for the new A8. Anyone know anything??
Lakeshia [9:22 AM]: Thanks for holding Mike. As of 8/25/14 I see that the vehicle was shipped from the plant in Bowling Green, KY to the Vehicle Distribution Center (VDC) which is also in Bowling Green, KY. The vehicle shows to be bayed at the VDC, going through quality inspection and cleaning.
Old 08-26-2014, 03:51 PM
john m
Drifting

Received 250 Likes on 66 Posts
St. Jude Donor '04-'06

Originally Posted by USMCVETC7
I got the following reply from Customer Service Chat this morning. It is a manual trany so its not being held for the new A8. Anyone know anything??
Lakeshia [9:22 AM]: Thanks for holding Mike. As of 8/25/14 I see that the vehicle was shipped from the plant in Bowling Green, KY to the Vehicle Distribution Center (VDC) which is also in Bowling Green, KY. The vehicle shows to be bayed at the VDC, going through quality inspection and cleaning.
I would guess VDC is the technical term for the shipping area behind the plant....
Old 08-26-2014, 04:43 PM
USMCVETC7
Racer

But it states that the vehicle was shipped from the plant in Bowling Green, KY to the Vehicle Distribution Center (VDC) which is also in Bowling Green, KY. So I would think that it is not the back lot behind the Plant.
Old 08-26-2014, 04:46 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,075 Likes on 6,173 Posts

I wouldn't place too much reliance on what the chat line said.
Old 08-26-2014, 04:49 PM
laborsmith
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

But it states that the vehicle was shipped from the plant in Bowling Green, KY to the Vehicle Distribution Center (VDC) which is also in Bowling Green, KY. So I would think that it is not the back lot behind the Plant.
Why? I ask because the status codes do have meanings attributed to them but seem to have multiple meanings to the persons to whom they are directed. It seems to me the contest of the status code carries as much meaning as the code itself to the people for whom it is intended and those people are not the consumers, either the dealers or the buyers,

That said, there may be something in the code you recognize that I do not.

Laborsmith
Old 08-26-2014, 04:58 PM
aquavettes
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by laborsmith
Why? I ask because the status codes do have meanings attributed to them but seem to have multiple meanings to the persons to whom they are directed. It seems to me the contest of the status code carries as much meaning as the code itself to the people for whom it is intended and those people are not the consumers, either the dealers or the buyers,

That said, there may be something in the code you recognize that I do not.

Laborsmith
If you are going refute every reply maybe you should wait till GM releases the info!
Old 08-26-2014, 05:26 PM
USMCVETC7
Racer

So I take it that no one is aware of a secondary Vehicle Distribution Center in Bowling Green, other than the plant itself??
Old 08-26-2014, 05:31 PM
z51vett
Le Mans Master

Received 277 Likes on 169 Posts

Museum del. is the only one I know about do they truck to Texas or rail car.
z51vett
Doug
Old 08-26-2014, 05:36 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,075 Likes on 6,173 Posts

Originally Posted by z51vett
Museum del. is the only one I know about do they truck to Texas or rail car.
z51vett
Doug
Texas goes by truck.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:38 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
Texas goes by truck.
Knowing GM, if it's going to Dallas, it's trucked, but if it's going to Fort Worth, it's by rail.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:55 PM
USMCVETC7
Racer

The dealer I purchased from in San Antonio gets their vehicles by truck. According to my dealer my C7 is not on the way to them. I have been told by Chevrolet Customer Service order tracking thread, by phone Customer Service, and by Customer Service Chat that my car was transported by truck from the Plant at Bowling Green to the Vehicle Distribution Center in Bowling Green for "quality inspection and cleaning". Just trying to determine if anyone knows of a secondary VDC in BG. I guess not??
Old 08-26-2014, 06:45 PM
BRCC
Melting Slicks

Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by JoesC5
Knowing GM, if it's going to Dallas, it's trucked, but if it's going to Fort Worth, it's by rail.
I think all Texas is trucked after all Dallas/FtWorth are next to each other and I live 27 West of Ft Worth and all Corvettes sent to my dealer were trucked also all going South to Houston & Austin were trucked. I do not know of anyone in Texas whos Corvette was by rail.
Old 08-26-2014, 06:54 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by DCBE
I think all Texas is trucked after all Dallas/FtWorth are next to each other and I live 27 West of Ft Worth and all Corvettes sent to my dealer were trucked also all going South to Houston & Austin were trucked. I do not know of anyone in Texas whos Corvette was by rail.
It was a joke. Notice that I said "Knowing GM.....". Like they have a computer program that determines it's a dollar cheaper to send by rail to Ft Worth but a dollar cheaper to send by truck to Dallas, so that's what they do, regardless of it not making sense to the average person on the street.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:42 PM
Crossed Flags Fan
Melting Slicks

Received 493 Likes on 276 Posts

Default Drones

GM announced they are partnering with Amazon. They will be delivered by drones.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:08 PM
Asterism
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

I just got off a concall with Mary Barra, she said they've changed from Amazon's
drones to Google's driverless cars and they will deliver themselves right to your driveway.

Last edited by Asterism; 08-27-2014 at 12:29 AM.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:57 PM
MikeC4C5C6...C7
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 199 Likes on 116 Posts

So I take it that no one is aware of a secondary Vehicle Distribution Center in Bowling Green, other than the plant itself??
Never heard on this Forum of a separate facility in BG nor did I see one or hear one mentioned in BG when I did NCM delivery past October. Good luck!

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone know where the VDC in Bowling Green is?

Quick Reply: Anyone know where the VDC in Bowling Green is?