Sponsored by:

Dealer has my car listed on his website for sale

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 12:24 PM
USAF
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by bob guzzy
It brings people into the showroom looking for your car because it is one they would like to own.

When corvette mike bought my 10 GS, in 2011, it was still parked in my garage he had it advertised with 5 miles on it when the car had 1500 on it.

The idea is to get people in the store.

And that is "bait and switch"

USAF
Old 09-01-2014, 02:57 PM
jeffgad
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Happened to me, too. The car hadn't even arrived yet. It's just a quirk of the GM-dealer hand-off.
Old 09-01-2014, 07:46 PM
p4snow
Burning Brakes

Received 453 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffgad
Happened to me, too. The car hadn't even arrived yet. It's just a quirk of the GM-dealer hand-off.
Same here and mine was museum delivery!!!
Old 09-02-2014, 01:49 AM
Saving41
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had this happen to me for a 2010 Camaro SS. I paid a $1k deposit and ordered it a year in advance. Followed the build through GM event codes to the delivery of the car to the dealership. Once the car was prepped, I made arrangements to pick up the car. I was met by the finance manager who told me that the price for the car would increase by $3,500 over our agreed price. Funny thing was when I was driving to the dealership, I saw the car being driven by another customer ( and they were doing burnouts on a side street). I had hoped that it was a twin of the car I was going to pick up. Found out the guy test driving the car offered the salesman more money for the car and ended up buying it. Long story short is that it was explained to me that the car is the property of the dealership until all the paperwork/money transaction has been completed and signed. Never bought that car, and once the owner of the dealership found out, he made the deal for another car to make up for the bad experience.

Last edited by Saving41; 09-02-2014 at 01:53 AM. Reason: Grammer
Old 09-02-2014, 10:06 AM
wgood
Drifting

Received 73 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Stan0324
Is this common practice to list all cars even the ones that are specially ordered and sold on dealer Web Sites ?

Like the title says, my order (has my VIN) is listed for sale.

Sent him an email but will probably not hear back until Tuesday.

What does everyone think about this ?
My was the same in March so what I did was contact the internet manager ( who was the person I was communicating with anyway ( I was an out of state buyer ) That's nothing I'm still getting service emails when I live in the Seattle area and bought the car in Kansas City Kansas area !!!! Wayne
Old 09-02-2014, 01:09 PM
stingraymyway
Race Director

Location: Out of Site...Out of Mind. Corvette: anything else is just transportation.
Received 134 Likes on 103 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20

Just a thought, but, maybe the dealer doesn't trust the OP to go through with the deal?!?!?!?
Old 09-02-2014, 02:58 PM
Stan0324
Drifting

Received 179 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by stingraymyway
Just a thought, but, maybe the dealer doesn't trust the OP to go through with the deal?!?!?!?
Just a thought, he has my deposit in his account.
Old 09-03-2014, 01:49 AM
RedZ
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Stan0324
Just a thought, he has my deposit in his account.
I pretty sure this has nothing to do with a particular dealer. Once the car is built it goes in the GM database as an "available" car until the car has been paid for by a customer. If you use the GM website to do a vehicle search even sold orders (not paid for yet) will show up and seem available, and since the Dealer website gets its data from GM it will show as availabe there also. Dealer does not control this.

There is no issue, other than if your searching for a vehicle, the websites are virtually useless (especially when looking for a z51 coupe back in april ).

Quick Reply: Dealer has my car listed on his website for sale