Sponsored by:

2015 build sheet

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 06:31 PM
aforand
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 build sheet

Can someone please direct me to the build sheet.

Thanks
Old 09-16-2014, 07:34 PM
red2012
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

You should have got it when you picked up your car along with the window sticker.
Old 09-16-2014, 07:52 PM
mjw930
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Build sheets are not shipped with the car. You can purchase a copy from the Museum. I don't think the dealers can access one and print it but maybe they can.
Old 09-16-2014, 09:13 PM
red2012
Safety Car

Originally Posted by mjw930
Build sheets are not shipped with the car. You can purchase a copy from the Museum. I don't think the dealers can access one and print it but maybe they can.
Wrong. When I bought my car at MacMulkin every car there had the build sheets in the car and they weren't reproductions. My build sheets and window sticker were laid out in the cargo area when I picked up my '13 GS. As a matter of fact my build sheets still had the piece of masking tape on the top of it from when it was attached to the front bumper going down the assembly line.
Old 09-16-2014, 10:41 PM
Asterism
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

hes not really wrong, there are several "build sheets". the ones delivered with the car are not the
"consolidated build sheet". those that are left in the interior are the chassis mainline
sheet and some ancillary sheets, not the consolidated sheet.
I believe the only source for the consolidated sheet is the reproductions
from the museum, in fact, that is the only sheet the museum provides.

Last edited by Asterism; 09-17-2014 at 12:48 AM.
Old 09-16-2014, 11:01 PM
Asterism
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

here are the build sheets. the 1st pic is the main "consolidated" build sheet and unless im wrong it is never shipped with the car, it is discarded on the line, and the only source for reproductions is the museum. (perhaps a deal with GM so the museum can sell them exclusively).
the other pics are the ones that are (usually) shipped with the car.
Attached Images     
Old 09-16-2014, 11:41 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,075 Likes on 6,173 Posts

Originally Posted by aforand
Can someone please direct me to the build sheet.

Thanks
You can order your Build Sheet from the NCM here: https://store.corvettemuseum.com/ser...buildsheet.asp

They offer it in a variety of media - Paper, Laser Etched Wood, Slate, Tempered Glass
Old 09-17-2014, 09:28 AM
red2012
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Asterism
here are the build sheets. the 1st pic is the main "consolidated" build sheet and unless im wrong it is never shipped with the car, it is discarded on the line, and the only source for reproductions is the museum. (perhaps a deal with GM so the museum can sell them exclusively).
the other pics are the ones that are (usually) shipped with the car.
From what I gather on this forum and from people I speak to the consolidated one nobody cares for and the true build sheet in everybody's eyes's is the one thats attached to the car ( with masking tape) as it goes down the line. If the consolidated one was worth anything to the car enthusiast it wouldn't be discarded on the line (GM would know this ) and could just as easily be included with the other build sheets.

Last edited by red2012; 09-17-2014 at 09:30 AM.
Old 09-17-2014, 09:34 AM
mjw930
Drifting

Not all cars still have all those other build sheets inside them when they reach the dealer. Mine only had the interior sheet (different from any of the sheets posted above). I know without a doubt that if there were more sheets in the car I would have them. I took museum delivery and they don't throw away anything. I even have the plastic the seats were wrapped in.

The only one that is readily reproducible is the consolidated sheet the museum offers and it's never included in the car because it's never actually printed on the line.
Old 09-17-2014, 10:05 AM
red2012
Safety Car

Not all cars still have all those other build sheets inside them when they reach the dealer. Mine only had the interior sheet (different from any of the sheets posted above). I know without a doubt that if there were more sheets in the car I would have them. I took museum delivery and they don't throw away anything. I even have the plastic the seats were wrapped in.

The only one that is readily reproducible is the consolidated sheet the museum offers and it's never included in the car because it's never actually printed on the line.
Fact is we could talk all day on this but as I have said before in any dealer I have looked at vettes at, they all had the build sheets in the back. Even the forum vendors when they post delivery pictures show them giving you the build sheets. I don't know what kind of people you deal with.
Old 09-17-2014, 08:45 PM
Vette Nut
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2 came with mine, i reminded the dealer i wanted them. Now they save all the ones that come with the Corvettes
Old 09-17-2014, 08:51 PM
mksz51
Safety Car

Received 156 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by red2012
Fact is we could talk all day on this but as I have said before in any dealer I have looked at vettes at, they all had the build sheets in the back. Even the forum vendors when they post delivery pictures show them giving you the build sheets. I don't know what kind of people you deal with.
THIS is correct. I picked mine up from the dealer with the shipping cover still intact. Dealer had never been in the back of the vehicle (I essentially did my own PDI). Both build sheets were in a large plastic bag in the back of the vehicle.

Old 09-17-2014, 09:26 PM
aforand
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys. You have been a lot of help.
Old 09-17-2014, 11:20 PM
mjw930
Drifting

Originally Posted by red2012
I dealt with the National Corvette Museum, there was one build sheet in the car when they got it in addition to a paper saying Museum Delivery and the batch number paper. They assured me NOTHING was thrown out. Are you insinuating they are liers?
Old 09-18-2014, 09:16 AM
mksz51
Safety Car

Received 156 Likes on 95 Posts

I dealt with the National Corvette Museum, there was one build sheet in the car when they got it in addition to a paper saying Museum Delivery and the batch number paper. They assured me NOTHING was thrown out. Are you insinuating they are liers?
Did you receive the printed instructions on how to install the air deflectors below the front bumper cover? If you have a Z51, did you receive the printed instructions on how to install the brake cooling deflectors? I bet not - and that printed material was also in the back of the vehicle. Sorry to break the news - but stuff got thrown out prior to you receiving the vehicle.
Old 09-18-2014, 10:23 AM
mjw930
Drifting

Originally Posted by mksz51
Did you receive the printed instructions on how to install the air deflectors below the front bumper cover? If you have a Z51, did you receive the printed instructions on how to install the brake cooling deflectors? I bet not - and that printed material was also in the back of the vehicle. Sorry to break the news - but stuff got thrown out prior to you receiving the vehicle.
My bad, I just assumed since I have the interior build sheet, "Museum Pickup" paper that follows the car through the line, green batch tag, all the interior plastic from the seats and small items installed at PDI and the cover along with the statement from the NCM that nothing is thrown away, you get everything that came in the car, that I had everything.....

I guess you can't trust anyone these days

Last edited by mjw930; 09-18-2014 at 10:53 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To 2015 build sheet

Quick Reply: 2015 build sheet