Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2017, 12:41 PM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 988 Likes on 609 Posts
2018 Corvette of Year Finalist
2017 C7 of Year Finalist

The color wraps are not designed for paint protection like the clear films are. Big difference in technologies on those.
Old 05-23-2017, 05:24 PM
Stp94
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

In pricing full auto wraps locally it was between $6 and 7k. Obviously, as with anything, it's all in the details. Can't fathom they would wrap a car properly, including jams, etc. for under $5k. When I had my car in the be Xpel'd they had a new Raptor in with the panels off. It was being wrapped Matte black and they approximated it was an $8k job (bacause the Matte costs more than standard colors I guess?). Either way, I'd love to see it done!
Old 05-23-2017, 10:03 PM
montoya
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 80 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Stp94
In pricing full auto wraps locally it was between $6 and 7k. Obviously, as with anything, it's all in the details. Can't fathom they would wrap a car properly, including jams, etc. for under $5k. When I had my car in the be Xpel'd they had a new Raptor in with the panels off. It was being wrapped Matte black and they approximated it was an $8k job (bacause the Matte costs more than standard colors I guess?). Either way, I'd love to see it done!
It is not for everyone but I am enjoying mine. Correct, you don't get protection from 3mil wrap, in fact you need to protect it with PPF as I have done, if you don't want to replace it early . As far as cost, less than $4,000 for a full color change on our C7's is a good price, including door jambs. Covering a car in PPF will cost more than $6000 since the material is so much harder to work with. Perhaps you are confusing the two?

I would suggest getting samples of the material from Fellers before you do. Buy the 1 foot square sample, this will give you an idea of the finish too. Gloss is glossy, but color depth and clarity will not match a fine paint job. It will however be hard to tell the difference from 5 feet away....maybe 2 feet!

Here's what mine looks like if you didn't see it in other threads, the original color is black.

Name:  IMG_4216.JPG
Views: 10830
Size:  1.92 MB

Name:  IMG_4215.JPG
Views: 4313
Size:  2.58 MB

Last edited by montoya; 05-23-2017 at 10:04 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by montoya:
Happygilmour (05-08-2021), WickedSpeed (11-09-2020)

Quick Reply: 3M Matte Metallic Blue C7 wrap?