C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quick detail products (Emphasis on "QUICK")

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2014, 09:20 AM
1SG_Ret
Melting Slicks

Received 478 Likes on 283 Posts
Default Quick detail products (Emphasis on "QUICK")

I did a search for detailing and quick detail products and saw a couple of threads. Some info was provided but want to get this mailed down a bit better and also get a consensus of best products to use.

First off, I'm not a big car detailer. I want to keep the car looking new and shinny. Hand wash when the car gets dirty, but mostly keep the dust off it (it will be covered in the garage), and find a couple of good spray on/wipe off detailing products to make the paint surface slick with a nice reflective shine.

Mequires always seems to make a good product.

Gold Class Premium Quik Detailer
Ultimate Quik Detailer
Quik Detailer

as well as Mother's.

Show Time
Reflections Spray Wax

Just curious what the majority of the membership uses when the want to do a quick touch up to their cars.

Also interested in hearing about tire dressing. Most of the products I've used in the past are sticky, oily and pick up dirt over time. They also sling badly and are pretty awful (it's been a long time since I've tried any new product).

Any recommendations for a product that can be wiped on rather than sprayed (over spray is a PITA)? Dries so it's not oily to the touch. Something that lasts for more that a week or two before dulling?

Zaino Z-16 looked pretty good as did PoorBoys Bold and Bright. Nanoskin speedy shine?
Old 10-18-2014, 09:36 AM
vettetwo
Pro

Received 150 Likes on 92 Posts

I like Meguiar Ultimate Quik Detailer applied with a micro-fiber towel.

If the car is dusty, I use a California Car Cleaner to lightly whisk the dust away. If the Quik Detailer is used with a coat of dust, your micro-fiber towel will get dirty quickly.

I also use the Quik Detailer on my SRX as a follow to a trip through the touchless car wash. It very effectively removes all water spotting.
Old 10-18-2014, 09:37 AM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,928 Likes on 4,810 Posts

I will agree with you on Mequairs products, they make a good line of autocare products. You can not really go wrong with using their full line-up for maintaining the exterior and interior of your Vette including their tire dressing.
One item I would suggest is a California Duster, I have used one for over 6 years and for removing that light coat of dust it is fantastic.
Old 10-18-2014, 10:08 AM
Glen e
Race Director

Received 933 Likes on 488 Posts
Tech Contributor

Quik detailer by anyone is crap (too thin) and if used, only should be used after a wash. QD is only good for removing fingerprints off a show car. Its gone the day after you use it.

If you like quik, then meguires ULTIMATE QUIK WAX is what you want. Buy 10 good $4 microfiber towels, more important that the shine products you buy.

But there is nothing quicker than A wax-as-you-dry product… Meguires makes one and Duragloss makes one. I did a "wash and wax" with one of these products yesterday, and the entire "wash and wax" was about seven minutes in a parking

Agree with dusters if you are using them for dust, never clean with them, replace every 6 months, i own two....

Last edited by Glen e; 10-18-2014 at 10:36 AM.
Old 10-18-2014, 01:49 PM
vettetwo
Pro

Received 150 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by Glen e
But there is nothing quicker than A wax-as-you-dry product… Meguires makes one and Duragloss makes one. I did a "wash and wax" with one of these products yesterday, and the entire "wash and wax" was about seven minutes in a parking
Turtle Wax and Eagle One make wax-as-you-dry products which are readily available at Walmart. I have used both and the results are very pleasing (and quick).

Get notified of new replies

To Quick detail products (Emphasis on "QUICK")

Quick Reply: Quick detail products (Emphasis on "QUICK")