C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Had car for 1 week, already accident !!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2014, 06:21 PM
texvette2
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Little pointed nose sports cars should not follow too close. Here it
was just a Honda car. But it could have been my nice big 4x4 with
the good ole hitch on back. You know sometimes I might just
have to hit those brakes real quick like. That hitch and a vette
nose is not good
Old 11-17-2014, 06:38 PM
Crossed Flags Fan
Melting Slicks

Received 493 Likes on 276 Posts

Mom thanks you for not reporting her...
Old 11-17-2014, 06:59 PM
csf
Melting Slicks

Received 213 Likes on 131 Posts

Report her now. My very athletic best friend was hit by an 86 year old woman while totally stopped at an intersection . . . . on his Harley. She got mixed up whether she should have gone straight or turned right, so ended up right in the middle and hit him.

Sent him into shock, gave him a helicopter ride, broke his left arm and crushed his left foot and ankle. After months of operations, infections, pain and suffering he lost his leg below the knee. He's ok medically now, but still goes to therapy and on depression meds.

Report her. The next time there may be a kid in the car she hits, or a bicyclist like posted earlier.

( . . . and by the way, my friend was hit by a white Corolla)

Last edited by csf; 11-17-2014 at 07:05 PM.
Old 11-17-2014, 07:25 PM
A Solid Rock
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Attached Images  
Old 11-17-2014, 07:28 PM
C7HOORAY
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 94 Likes on 50 Posts

What were you thinking!? Turn her in! Anyone who can hit another car and not know it should not be driving. She might run off the road and kill herself! On second thought, don't turn her in.
Old 11-18-2014, 09:03 AM
mksz51
Safety Car

Received 156 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by SharkGrayStingray
hit and run with no injuries is not a criminal offense, at least not in NY. You don't have to call the cops for minor damage, but i certainly would call my ins co and report it to them. They will run the plate and get her ins co and make them pay for it...
Based on what evidence? The opportunity is gone at this point - all you have is the picture of a back end of a car. Prove now that car hit you? Sorry - insurance companies don't roll over that easy.
Old 11-18-2014, 10:18 AM
gixxerbill
Race Director

Received 61 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
When you got out of your car and came at her screaming, you gave her reason to fear for her safety.
You can't blame him. If someone hit my new vette after waiting forever to get it...I would be pissed too old lady or not.
Old 11-18-2014, 10:20 AM
gpotski
Race Director

Received 181 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by dbdave
That's hit and run in your view but how are you going to prove it now?
How do you know she wouldn't say you ran into her?
Was there a traffic camera at the intersection? Witnesses?

As others have said, you should have reported it because she is a danger to others.
If you had the PDR running, you would have video proof, right?

One more reason to run the PDR while daily driving.
Old 11-18-2014, 10:34 AM
Mike Mercury
Team Owner

Received 173 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Kracka
I'd report her for a hit & run without giving it a 2nd thought.
Old 11-18-2014, 10:40 AM
eboggs_jkvl
Moderator/Tech Contributor

Location: Jacksonville Florida BWO Dayton, Cincinnati, Bloomsbury NJ, Cincinnati
Received 3,832 Likes on 2,072 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by CRABBYJ

dbdave:
"Just my observation here.
The pic shows a tractor trailer crossing her path in the intersection. The light is red for her. The lady was in the intersection when the truck was approaching. She backed up to avoid the truck and probably didn't realize she even hit the car. Then a guy was blowing his horn and got out of his car yelling.

A lot going on here and she panicked.

Not defending her but accidents do happen when people make poor decisions. I'm with getting in touch with your insurance company or the local police and show them the pic at least. Looks like she may have backed into something else, too. She may be not qualified to drive anymore."

p
Looks to me that she is behind the white line and is still in reverse backing up it appears. And that truck looks to be making a left turn in front of her and that is why she is backing up thinking he would hit her. Can't tell but I don't see the side mirrors on either side and her inside rear view mirror is miss adjusted along with probably no rear view camera. Hard to tell if the C7 pulled up to close to her as well. She didn't see the OPs C7 and took off. Was the light still red when she did? We're you both in the left hand turn lane?

Isn't that white line the crosswalk line? The thicker, "you should stop your car here" line would be about where the front of the Corvette is sitting. She was out in the crosswalk area and backed up toward the "stop" line and hit the vette.

Elmer

Last edited by eboggs_jkvl; 11-18-2014 at 10:44 AM.
Old 11-18-2014, 04:02 PM
CRABBYJ
Safety Car

Received 1,293 Likes on 722 Posts
Unmodified C8 of the Year 2021 Finalist
2018 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by eboggs_jkvl
Isn't that white line the crosswalk line? The thicker, "you should stop your car here" line would be about where the front of the Corvette is sitting. She was out in the crosswalk area and backed up toward the "stop" line and hit the vette.

Elmer
Elmer, you made me look. Just did a Goggle Map search and found the actual intersection at:

16725 NW 27th Ave, Carol City, FL 33056

From the 'Dropped Pin' view there is no white lined cross walk there, just one wide white line. So your analysis is not accurate. That still doesn't mean she is not at fault. And that truck was making a left turn from a two lane one way street. Probably the left lane?

And from the yellow line showing on her left, they are both in the far left turn lane with three other lanes straight.

Last edited by CRABBYJ; 11-18-2014 at 04:18 PM.
Old 11-18-2014, 04:22 PM
eboggs_jkvl

Location: Jacksonville Florida BWO Dayton, Cincinnati, Bloomsbury NJ, Cincinnati

Elmer, you made me look. Just did a Goggle Map search and found the actual intersection at:

16725 NW 27th Ave, Carol City, FL 33056

From the 'Dropped Pin' view there is no white lined cross walk there, just one wide white line. So your analysis is not accurate. That still doesn't mean she is not at fault. And that truck was making a left turn from a two lane one way street. Probably the left lane?

And from the yellow line showing on her left, they are both in the far left turn lane with three other lanes straight.

You'd make a good detective. I agree with your comments. She still screwed the pooch by backing into the guy behind her. When I get that bad, someone take away my keys and license.

Elmer
Old 11-18-2014, 04:39 PM
CRABBYJ
Safety Car

Received 1,293 Likes on 722 Posts
Unmodified C8 of the Year 2021 Finalist
2018 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by eboggs_jkvl
You'd make a good detective. I agree with your comments. She still screwed the pooch by backing into the guy behind her. When I get that bad, someone take away my keys and license.

Elmer

Thanks for the compliment but being retired some days leaves me looking for something constructive to do. Too cold to drive the C7 with OEM tires here as it only got up to 22 deg F today. Oh, I did buy a new snow shovel today too.

Now doesn't that make you feel good living in FL?
Old 11-18-2014, 05:10 PM
eboggs_jkvl

Thanks for the compliment but being retired some days leaves me looking for something constructive to do. Too cold to drive the C7 with OEM tires here as it only got up to 22 deg F today. Oh, I did buy a new snow shovel today too.

Now doesn't that make you feel good living in FL?

Elmer
Old 11-18-2014, 11:30 PM
pegleg2
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kinda Funny but Still a Little Sad

A little unrelated to the original post but I have to relate this story about my dad in relation to some of the posts about getting some drivers off the road. He was 81 years old…. still seemed to be driving OK but did notice him starting to slip a little. He was diagnosed with lung cancer (terminal) and started taking some medications but put up a fight to make occasional errands when we suggesting that he not drive. As he was exiting Walmart one day and waiting for the lady in front of him to get out on the somewhat busy 4 lane road he decided to do something we’ve all wanted to do sometime in our lives. He decided the traffic was clear enough and the lady missed many opportunities to merge so he goosed the old Grand Marquis and pushed her out into the intersection!!!
That was they day we hid his car and keys….luckily no one was injured.
Old 11-19-2014, 08:19 AM
A Solid Rock
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pegleg2
A little unrelated to the original post but I have to relate this story about my dad in relation to some of the posts about getting some drivers off the road. He was 81 years old…. still seemed to be driving OK but did notice him starting to slip a little. He was diagnosed with lung cancer (terminal) and started taking some medications but put up a fight to make occasional errands when we suggesting that he not drive. As he was exiting Walmart one day and waiting for the lady in front of him to get out on the somewhat busy 4 lane road he decided to do something we’ve all wanted to do sometime in our lives. He decided the traffic was clear enough and the lady missed many opportunities to merge so he goosed the old Grand Marquis and pushed her out into the intersection!!!
That was they day we hid his car and keys….luckily no one was injured.

Wow! I am going to the dealership today to make me 10 extra keys and hide them in strategic locations. I am also going to install a GPS tracking device so that I can find my car!

No one is going to know how I did it.

Quick Reply: Had car for 1 week, already accident !!!