Sponsored by:

Looking for good indoor car cover - suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2014, 07:18 PM
Webhair
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Looking for good indoor car cover - suggestions

Hello, Before anyone starts... I have tried all day searching the forums and internet for suggestions on a good in-door cover for my C7 with no real luck.

I would appreciate any guidance on what to look for and / or recommendations for a reasonably price, good quality in-door cover.

Things you like / dislike about which one you have are also appreciated.

Thank you!
Old 12-28-2014, 11:06 PM
MeanDean43
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Look at the Venders section on the right side of the page. I usually deal with Corvette Central. They have covers for Corvettes ranging from a $20 light weight plastic cover, to indoor and outdoor covers selling for several hundred dollars.
I bought one of their 'Stretch Satin' covers for $240 or $250. It's a good looking, lightly padded, dust cover.
Old 12-29-2014, 12:58 AM
CaptV1VR
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Webhair
Hello, Before anyone starts... I have tried all day searching the forums and internet for suggestions on a good in-door cover for my C7 with no real luck.

I would appreciate any guidance on what to look for and / or recommendations for a reasonably price, good quality in-door cover.

Things you like / dislike about which one you have are also appreciated.

Thank you!
Form fit by Covercraft makes a real nice one.
We are on our 2nd one with the C7
Call David at Southern Car Parts for best price
Good Luck!

Last edited by CaptV1VR; 12-29-2014 at 12:59 AM. Reason: Misspelled word
Old 12-29-2014, 12:16 PM
mracer14
Drifting

Received 249 Likes on 104 Posts

Default Car Covers

Take a look at California Car Covers. Used them on all my Corvettes. 'Dusttop"
Old 12-29-2014, 05:25 PM
OVERULD
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 296 Likes on 214 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16

I included the factory indoor cover in red, and the outdoor cover in black with my car which is currently on order through Mike Furman at Criswell.

I used the California Car Cover on my GTOs and they are great covers. I have not seen their offering for the Corvette. If I don't like the factory covers, I'll replace them with the California Car Covers. Pricing is similar. I spent just under $400 each for the GTO covers, plus shipping.

BJ
Old 12-29-2014, 05:30 PM
VINDIC8R
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ordered the GM indoor cover to give it a try. It is LPO code RWH I believe. I know it will fit. I have no experience with car covers.
Old 12-29-2014, 05:54 PM
RottenII
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

I got my indoor stretch fit cover from RPI Designs when it was on sale last summer. Fit is excellent.
Old 12-29-2014, 07:41 PM
c6miller
Drifting

Received 168 Likes on 118 Posts

I prefer not to have any tight fitting covers on my corvettes. I bought a couple of king sheets at walmart, washed them with fabric softener and covered the car with them.
Old 12-29-2014, 10:57 PM
CO Lightfoot
Safety Car

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

If all you want is a dust cover, get a non-scratchy generic cover at Walmart. Or use sheets as c6miller suggests.

But I'd want something better, like this: http://www.coverking.com/custom-car-...overbond4.html

Maybe you're thinking you'll never need it for outdoors? It's good insurance for overnight road trips -- hailstorms are no joke around here! Also makes a nice emergency blanket.

Anyway, even in your own private garage, don't be surprised if your covered car gets treated like a table or bench. So I'd want thick protection.

Tip: Fold the side mirrors on your covered car -- a good precaution, especially if space is tight. https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1588174330
Old 12-30-2014, 03:20 AM
Virtual Geezer
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 188 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by mracer14
Take a look at California Car Covers. Used them on all my Corvettes. 'Dustop"

I have the Dustop on my C6 GS convertible. It does not leave any lint on the fabric top. Fits and protects really well (my car is black).

If you do not have a vert, I would suggest California Car Cover's 'Plushweave.' Here's the description from their website: Made of 100% cotton fabric, the Plushweave Car Cover has an added pure cotton flannel lining for paint pampering protection. Its ultra dense construction does a superior job of cushioning against scratches and dings.

I used Plushweave covers on my C4 and C5 coupes. Excellent fit. Not recommended for a convertible -- you'll get lots of lint on your convertible top.
Old 12-30-2014, 06:30 AM
WKMCD
Race Director

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

I have a red Satin Stretch I got from Chip. Very soft and fits very well. It also looks snappy in the garage.

http://www.customcorvetteaccessories...oorcovers.html

Whatever cover you decide on - NEVER put the cover on a dirty car!

Get notified of new replies

To Looking for good indoor car cover - suggestions

Quick Reply: Looking for good indoor car cover - suggestions