Sponsored by:

Museum delivery question

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 11:28 AM
trends2000
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Museum delivery question

hi ... does Museum delivery option void the destination charge that is added to orders to local dealer?
Old 02-02-2015, 11:31 AM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,067 Likes on 6,169 Posts

No, you pay for both the standard delivery and the NCM fee. The car is still delivered to the NCM. It is actually put on an auto transport and hauled "across the street". No different that buying at the Chevy Dealer in Bowling Green (or one in Oregon, or in South Florida or anywhere else in the U.S.).
Old 02-02-2015, 11:48 AM
trends2000
Racer

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
No, you pay for both the standard delivery and the NCM fee. The car is still delivered to the NCM. It is actually put on an auto transport and hauled "across the street". No different that buying at the Chevy Dealer in Bowling Green (or one in Oregon, or in South Florida or anywhere else in the U.S.).
thanks for incredibly quick answer. Makes my decision a lot easier ! I love the Museum but with Museum delivery AND airfare etc... my exhaust & door sills are paid instead! THANKS again .. I always get the answers that I need on the Forum
Old 02-02-2015, 11:58 AM
HighTeq
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

The Museum delivery is a once in a lifetime option (so great some have done it more than once).
Old 02-02-2015, 12:41 PM
carpe dm
Le Mans Master

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts

No, you pay the $900 to have them drive it across the street.
Old 02-02-2015, 02:18 PM
Frodo
Melting Slicks

Received 586 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by trends2000
hi ... does Museum delivery option void the destination charge that is added to orders to local dealer?
Yeah, you pay and pay again. I did it and would do it again in a minute. Its only money and it gets spread out over the life of the loan. Its worth it and then some. Did you know you get your name in lights above the door into the assembly plant? And in lights at the Museum? And if you have the PDR you get a video of your car, driven by your Museum representative with you in the passenger seat, driving out of the Museum into the light of day. They'll laminate your NCM delivery sign and you can buy your build sheet and have it laminated too. And the underside of your car will be signed by the NCM PDI guys who prepped you car. You get the white wrapper and build sheets that followed the car through the build, too. Lots of cool stuff to keep to add to your "shrine". Does anyone else have a shrine for your car?
Attached Images    
Old 02-02-2015, 02:26 PM
MikeC4C5C6...C7
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 199 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by Frodo
Yeah, you pay and pay again. I did it and would do it again in a minute. Its only money and it gets spread out over the life of the loan. Its worth it and then some. Did you know you get your name in lights above the door into the assembly plant? And in lights at the Museum? And if you have the PDR you get a video of your car, driven by your Museum representative with you in the passenger seat, driving out of the Museum into the light of day. They'll laminate your NCM delivery sign and you can buy your build sheet and have it laminated too. And the underside of your car will be signed by the NCM PDI guys who prepped you car. You get the white wrapper and build sheets that followed the car through the build, too. Lots of cool stuff to keep to add to your "shrine". Does anyone else have a shrine for your car?
Agree, agree, agree. One of the most interesting and fun days of my life. Do it if you can afford it! You won't regret it.
Old 02-02-2015, 02:39 PM
jim213
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did not do this on the last two cars I purchased, but I will not pass up the opportunity to do so on my C7.
Old 02-06-2015, 01:23 PM
trends2000
Racer

very glad to get your feedback and as a Vette lover, very glad that you enjoyed it. I can afford it but my businessman side kicks into play ! If GM didn't charge the whole shipping to go across the street , I might feel different . But for added cost of NCM delivery plus airfare ; hotel tc ... for my son and I , I'll have the car deivered to the local store and have my son drive it off the lot! The $2000 will pay for a heck of a dinner party or go towards another cruise !
Old 02-06-2015, 01:47 PM
fdxpilot
Safety Car

Received 66 Likes on 48 Posts

very glad to get your feedback and as a Vette lover, very glad that you enjoyed it. I can afford it but my businessman side kicks into play ! If GM didn't charge the whole shipping to go across the street , I might feel different . But for added cost of NCM delivery plus airfare ; hotel tc ... for my son and I , I'll have the car deivered to the local store and have my son drive it off the lot! The $2000 will pay for a heck of a dinner party or go towards another cruise !
Ya gotta do what ya gotta do. The wife and I are getting ready for our second Museum Delivery. To each, his own.
The following users liked this post:
Digitalhearing (04-01-2017)
Old 02-06-2015, 06:14 PM
magredrod
Pro

Received 44 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by fdxpilot
Ya gotta do what ya gotta do. The wife and I are getting ready for our second Museum Delivery. To each, his own.
Completely agree! Did my first Museum Delivery last March with wife and son! Memories of a lifetime if you're car enthusiast.

Getting ready for my second museum delivery later in '15.......a modernized '63 SWC!!!! LT1 cammed 550 HP LPE engine, modern chassis, italian leather seats & dash, alcantara upper interior, traction control, Z06 brakes, plus so much more. Can't wait til that baby is at the NCM for delivery. Sorry to get off subject a bit but the option to do delivery is great if you can swing it.
Old 02-06-2015, 08:35 PM
OVERULD
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 296 Likes on 214 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16

I'll be doing it in a few weeks and cannot wait!

BJ
Old 02-07-2015, 12:17 PM
Red08
Le Mans Master

Received 1,441 Likes on 780 Posts

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
You are correct. A dealer told me that the reason why has to do with union (Teamsters) contracts that every vehicle will be assigned a delivery charge, regardless of factory delivery of delivered across the country.
Old 06-28-2015, 09:57 PM
MeloC7
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

GMs contract with the carrier dictates that every delivery will cost the same, regardless of distance. This is so a car delivered to a local dealer or one in Seattle cost the same. It makes sense, and it's fair. Go for the Museum delivery and enjoy it.
Old 06-29-2015, 09:19 AM
kunk1963
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah the Double Cost by GM kinda Stinks!!! But I went through the Museum Delivery with a Friend that picked up their Z51 Stingray Coupe a couple weeks ago, I was Very Impressed and am looking forward to going through it again when I pick up my 2016 AW A8 Z06 Coupe as soon as the QA Hold is Lifted....
Old 06-29-2015, 09:23 AM
Chuck Mahnke
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 244 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Red08
You are correct. A dealer told me that the reason why has to do with union (Teamsters) contracts that every vehicle will be assigned a delivery charge, regardless of factory delivery of delivered across the country.
Anti-union BS. The federal government mandated fixed delivery charges years ago.
Old 06-29-2015, 03:37 PM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,921 Likes on 4,807 Posts

Smart decision.

Get notified of new replies

To Museum delivery question

Old 06-29-2015, 03:59 PM
orwollma
Burning Brakes

Received 508 Likes on 313 Posts

Thanks for all the pics and details on R8C. My wife and I are definitely doing our next Vette this way.
Old 06-29-2015, 04:16 PM
laborsmith
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

And the reason the government mandated a fixed charge is because the National Auto Dealers Association successfully lobbied for it and as far as I know the NADA is not a part of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters, Warehousemen and Helpers. But may be they and have a secret Local Number so no one can find out.

Laborsmith
Old 06-30-2015, 06:25 PM
grandpawmoses
Race Director

Received 95 Likes on 41 Posts

I spent my $900 on two hookers for the weekend.

Quick Reply: Museum delivery question