Sponsored by:

C7 console lid

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2015, 02:41 PM
1SG_Ret
Melting Slicks

Received 478 Likes on 283 Posts
Default C7 console lid

Is there a GM Part number for a new C7 console lid? Or not?

Did some "Googling" and only came up with aftermarket stuff. Would like to get a Gray lid for my 1LT. $250 is as cheap as I've found through a re-seller of genuine GM parts. $370 from Vette Candy
Old 02-10-2015, 02:57 PM
Randy WS6
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Here ya go

http://www.gmpartsnow.com/auto-parts...r-console-scat
Old 02-10-2015, 03:49 PM
Beezvette
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SG_Ret
Is there a GM Part number for a new C7 console lid? Or not?

Did some "Googling" and only came up with aftermarket stuff. Would like to get a Gray lid for my 1LT. $250 is as cheap as I've found through a re-seller of genuine GM parts. $370 from Vette Candy
you could take it apart and have a leather shop cover it for you, probably for less than $100. I had a big indent in mine,removed it and ironed it out. But in doing so figured out all you need is a few torx screw drivers to disassemble it.
Old 02-10-2015, 06:15 PM
1SG_Ret
Melting Slicks

Thanks to both of you. Re-cover may be a better way to go. Have to start checking for a leather shop w/ matching gray.

Of course, an extra lid is also nice to go back to stock (but pricey).....

decisions decisions.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:02 AM
Red C8 of Jax
Safety Car

Received 1,109 Likes on 749 Posts

Did the same thing, added the ash grey center arm rest, matches my grey seats, ordered it from Chevy dealer, asked him for his best price, list was 208.28, his price was 145.99 plus tax. GM part number 23182036. Attaches with three screws. My type of project. I am now looking for the grey door armrests. I am going to my Chevy body shop today and see what they say.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:30 AM
1SG_Ret
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Red-C6 of Jax
Did the same thing, added the ash grey center arm rest, matches my grey seats, ordered it from Chevy dealer, asked him for his best price, list was 208.28, his price was 145.99 plus tax. GM part number 23182036. Attaches with three screws. My type of project. I am now looking for the grey door armrests. I am going to my Chevy body shop today and see what they say.
Have a really stupid question.

What's the difference between 23182029 and 23182036?
http://www.gmpartsnow.com/chevrolet/...e=armrest-door

and

Both are listed on the above link as arm rest door (but then show a console lid only) in the pix.

One is sold without the premium trim. ($156.50) vs. $297.63 w/ the premium trim. Pix of both look the same. Best I can figure is the premium trim is the piece that fits the side of the console and runs up to the dash on the drivers side.

Originally just saw the $297 price and thought that was way out line price-wise for a lid, but if the actual gray lid is only $156, I'll go that route.

However, after seeing the trim piece, wondering how hard it would be to replace it and finish the look.
Old 02-11-2015, 10:08 AM
Red C8 of Jax
Safety Car

Have a really stupid question.

What's the difference between 23182029 and 23182036?

and

Both are listed on the above link as arm rest door (but then show a console lid only) in the pix.

One is sold without the premium trim. ($156.50) vs. $297.63 w/ the premium trim. Pix of both look the same. Best I can figure is the premium trim is the piece that fits the side of the console and runs up to the dash on the drivers side.

Originally just saw the $297 price and thought that was way out line price-wise for a lid, but if the actual gray lid is only $156, I'll go that route.

However, after seeing the trim piece, wondering how hard it would be to replace it and finish the look.
Not sure what the difference is but you are probably right about the trim piece. I only purchased the center arm rest. The trim piece looks out of place because the other side of the console is black. Never liked the look, but that just me.
Old 02-11-2015, 11:44 AM
1SG_Ret
Melting Slicks

Just ordered the lid only. Price delivered is only $1.81 more than if my Chevy dealer gave me your discount of $145.99 + tax. No guarantee they would either. This one gets delivered to my door.

Great place to deal with. Just got an email from them asking if the part I ordered was correct (since my interior is black-I supplied my VIN), the part number would be different if I was ordering a black lid. Nice to see they actually look at orders to make sure you don't screw up.

Told them yes wanted a gray lid. WOOT!

Thanks for the help buddy. Very much appreciated.
Old 02-11-2015, 07:52 PM
Red C8 of Jax
Safety Car

Just ordered the lid only. Price delivered is only $1.81 more than if my Chevy dealer gave me your discount of $145.99 + tax. No guarantee they would either. This one gets delivered to my door.

Great place to deal with. Just got an email from them asking if the part I ordered was correct (since my interior is black-I supplied my VIN), the part number would be different if I was ordering a black lid. Nice to see they actually look at orders to make sure you don't screw up.

Told them yes wanted a gray lid. WOOT!

Thanks for the help buddy. Very much appreciated.
You will like the grey center armrest. Goes great with the grey seats and carpet. I went by the Chevy body shop today and was informed that the door armrests are molded into the door panel and you have to order the door panel to get the grey armrests. Just for one side it is $600.00. Too much for me. On to a new project.
Old 02-12-2015, 10:19 AM
1SG_Ret
Melting Slicks

You will like the grey center armrest. Goes great with the grey seats and carpet. I went by the Chevy body shop today and was informed that the door armrests are molded into the door panel and you have to order the door panel to get the grey armrests. Just for one side it is $600.00. Too much for me. On to a new project.
$600 is way too pricey for my blood too.

After the console lid, not sure there is anything else I really want to do with my car now except drive it.

(Lloyd's logo cargo and floor mats, clear sill protectors are done). Maybe a home-link visor, maybe not. dunno.
Old 02-12-2015, 07:38 PM
Red C8 of Jax
Safety Car

$600 is way too pricey for my blood too.

After the console lid, not sure there is anything else I really want to do with my car now except drive it.

(Lloyd's logo cargo and floor mats, clear sill protectors are done). Maybe a home-link visor, maybe not. dunno.
I did the home-link visor, another simple project. Just remove your sun visor and plug in the home-link sun visor. Five minutes. You can do a search on the forum under home-link visor for step by step directions. Well worth it. What color are your seats, I just figured they were grey?

Last edited by Red C8 of Jax; 02-12-2015 at 07:42 PM.
Old 02-12-2015, 08:22 PM
1SG_Ret
Melting Slicks

I did the home-link visor, another simple project. Just remove your sun visor and plug in the home-link sun visor. Five minutes. You can do a search on the forum under home-link visor for step by step directions. Well worth it. What color are your seats, I just figured they were grey?
SGM 1LT with gray interior. Bought a second small garage opener for the Genie opener, it stows in the cup holder w/o a problem (very tiny). When they advertise "mini" they aren't kidding.

Not sure if the visor is worth it since some guys are having the programing problems. Really only use it when I leave and come home.

http://aaawave.com/p-16467-genie-g3t...FQQkgQodLZIACg
Old 02-13-2015, 07:39 AM
Red C8 of Jax
Safety Car

SGM 1LT with gray interior. Bought a second small garage opener for the Genie opener, it stows in the cup holder w/o a problem (very tiny). When they advertise "mini" they aren't kidding.

Not sure if the visor is worth it since some guys are having the programing problems. Really only use it when I leave and come home.

http://aaawave.com/p-16467-genie-g3t...FQQkgQodLZIACg
What color are your Lloyds mats, I purchased the black (two logo) floor mats. I am planning to purchase the Lloyds cargo mat but cannot decide which color to order. They offer black and grey.
Old 02-13-2015, 08:29 AM
1SG_Ret
Melting Slicks

What color are your Lloyds mats, I purchased the black (two logo) floor mats. I am planning to purchase the Lloyds cargo mat but cannot decide which color to order. They offer black and grey.
I went with gray all around. I actually wished GM had carried the gray carpet into the cargo area (like my older Corvettes), but the gray Lloyds cargo mat was a suitable alternative. Black with a logo would look good too IMO.
Attached Images    
The following users liked this post:
Iconic (11-24-2015)
Old 02-13-2015, 10:09 AM
Red C8 of Jax
Safety Car

I went with gray all around. I actually wished GM had carried the gray carpet into the cargo area (like my older Corvettes), but the gray Lloyds cargo mat was a suitable alternative. Black with a logo would look good too IMO.
They look great, looks like the grey is a close match to the seats and carpet. How does the grey cargo mat fit?
Old 02-13-2015, 11:20 AM
1SG_Ret
Melting Slicks

They look great, looks like the grey is a close match to the seats and carpet. How does the grey cargo mat fit?
Like it came from the factory. Perfecto!
Old 02-13-2015, 05:07 PM
Red C8 of Jax
Safety Car

Like it came from the factory. Perfecto!
Thanks for your photos and comments. Looks like CCA, a forum vendor, has a good price for the Lloyds cargo mat. Free Shipping.
Old 02-18-2015, 08:52 AM
1SG_Ret
Melting Slicks

Console lid installed.
Attached Images  
Old 04-19-2015, 07:51 PM
MHFontaine
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 155 Likes on 53 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05