Sponsored by:

Bondurant vs. Spring Mountain

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 03:12 PM
Teamwenz
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bondurant vs. Spring Mountain

I am a new C7 Z51 2LT owner and have been looking at driving schools. Bondurant has a 3 day specific C7 driving school and the cost is $3519 the Spring Mountain 3 day school is $2150. I called Spring Mountain and they are not sure about offering any more 3 day schools but if they did it would be Sept or Oct. They are going to decide next week if there will be any more 3 day classes. Bondurant runs weekly. I want the best school to learn how to drive the car at the limit not just a lead / follow session. I have already taken a 2 day performance driving school at Autobahn CC in Joliet. Just looking for input of either school. Bondurant has always been the leading school in the USA and trained many of the top racers.
Old 03-16-2015, 04:17 PM
silky1
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

I can't comment on bondurant because I haven't been there. I just finished the two day class at Spring Mountain. They are first rate. If you aren't able to get a three day class there I would recommend doing the level one and level two back to back. I wish I would have done the third day, it was my one regret. You spend most of the first day on car control exercises. We only did one track session on day one and it wasn't very fast. Day two was all lead follow sessions. They do a pretty good job grouping the students by speed. Our speeds picked up as the day went on. I plan on going back for level two. It cost $3300 for the two days. So for $4300 you would get 4 full days.
Old 03-16-2015, 04:48 PM
11B250
Melting Slicks

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by silky1
I can't comment on bondurant because I haven't been there. I just finished the two day class at Spring Mountain. They are first rate. If you aren't able to get a three day class there I would recommend doing the level one and level two back to back. I wish I would have done the third day, it was my one regret. You spend most of the first day on car control exercises. We only did one track session on day one and it wasn't very fast. Day two was all lead follow sessions. They do a pretty good job grouping the students by speed. Our speeds picked up as the day went on. I plan on going back for level two. It cost $3300 for the two days. So for $4300 you would get 4 full days.
I plan on the 3 day, but might have to settle for 2. I know it will be a regret, but that is $$$ for me

that being said, I see people always giving out great reviews of spring mountain. I haven't seen a single person say anything about the bondurant. also them being booked months ahead says something too. I will wait for the class and that's all I'm going to say
Old 03-16-2015, 05:28 PM
5thGear
Drifting

Received 199 Likes on 124 Posts

I wonder why they are no longer offering 3 day events at Spring Mountain! I am signed up for 3 day class for April 13th. I did sign up last November when I ordered my C7.
Old 03-16-2015, 05:32 PM
silky1
Racer

Originally Posted by 11B250
I plan on the 3 day, but might have to settle for 2. I know it will be a regret, but that is $$$ for me

that being said, I see people always giving out great reviews of spring mountain. I haven't seen a single person say anything about the bondurant. also them being booked months ahead says something too. I will wait for the class and that's all I'm going to say
It is a lot of money. By the time you get yourself to vegas and drop the 1k for the class you will be several thousand in. We made a week long vacation out of it. But when the instructor comes over the radio and says this is the final lap of our two day school you will have the same thought I did......I should have got day 3! The minute my wife and I pulled out of the Spring Mountain gate I began pestering her for level 2.
Old 03-16-2015, 05:34 PM
silky1
Racer

Originally Posted by AliZ51
I wonder why they are no longer offering 3 day events at Spring Mountain! I am signed up for 3 day class for April 13th. I did sign up last November when I ordered my C7.

The short answer we where given at the end of our school is they are just to busy. On day two of our school they had three level one classes going at once.
Old 03-16-2015, 06:29 PM
VatorMan
Team Owner

Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude's Donor '06-'10-'11, '15

I've done the Bondurant 3 day course and Spring Mountain Level II. I am headed back to Spring Mountain tomorrow. That should tell you which I think is the better school.
Old 03-16-2015, 07:30 PM
Teamwenz
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Vatorman thanks that is the kind of feedback I am looking for. A direct comparison. Thanks so much.

Last edited by Teamwenz; 03-16-2015 at 07:35 PM.
Old 03-16-2015, 08:48 PM
Sallye M
22 Hypersonic Grey HTC
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 142 Likes on 77 Posts
Default Bondurant vs Spring Mountain

I can't compare Bondurant as I haven't done it but I did the 3-day Level 1 school at Spring Mountain in January.
It was a blast to do the 3rd day open laps. Made all the exercises we did the first two days come together. Well worth the extra $$$.
I look forward to booking the Level 2 class in the near future at Spring Mountain.
Old 03-16-2015, 08:52 PM
slickstick
Burning Brakes

Received 208 Likes on 115 Posts

I paid full price for the Ron Fellows class myself and it was freaking awesome. Made me want to buy a C7 (beware all non-C7 owners). New C7 owners got a huge discount also when I was there, anybody know if they are still doing that? I might be buying that C7 soon, and would definitely take the level 2 class, particularly if that discount was offered.
Old 03-16-2015, 09:34 PM
nmerhaut
Melting Slicks

Received 75 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Teamwenz
I am a new C7 Z51 2LT owner and have been looking at driving schools. Bondurant has a 3 day specific C7 driving school and the cost is $3519 the Spring Mountain 3 day school is $2150. I called Spring Mountain and they are not sure about offering any more 3 day schools but if they did it would be Sept or Oct. They are going to decide next week if there will be any more 3 day classes. Bondurant runs weekly. I want the best school to learn how to drive the car at the limit not just a lead / follow session. I have already taken a 2 day performance driving school at Autobahn CC in Joliet. Just looking for input of either school. Bondurant has always been the leading school in the USA and trained many of the top racers.
Are you positive the SM 3 day school is only $2150? I paid for the 3 day 3 years ago and got a deal of $3000 which was $600 off the original price.

Just checked SM's website. It's $2150 for just third day added on so it looks like $3150 total.

Oppps. The rest of you guys are right. I misread the info on the SM website--I thought that would have been pricey for an extra day. Darn, first mistake I've made in.............................

Last edited by nmerhaut; 03-17-2015 at 04:00 PM.
Old 03-16-2015, 09:40 PM
Roadrogue
Burning Brakes

Received 93 Likes on 74 Posts

I don't know if they are the only game in town, but those prices are outrageous. I've done motorcycle track days, track schools and racing and the cost is a fraction of that. What possible justification do they have to be raping you that way? The cost of the track and ambulance service is the same. I'll be looking for alternatives for my C7 track experience.
Old 03-16-2015, 09:52 PM
11B250
Melting Slicks

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by nmerhaut
Are you positive the SM 3 day school is only $2150? I paid for the 3 day 3 years ago and got a deal of $3000 which was $600 off the original price.

Just checked SM's website. It's $2150 for just third day added on so it looks like $3150 total.
ehhh, I'm pretty sure it's 2150 for the 3 days. It's not 2150 for day 3. The Z06 is more money. I know that...
Old 03-16-2015, 10:35 PM
Sallye M
22 Hypersonic Grey HTC
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 142 Likes on 77 Posts
Default Bondurant vs. Spring Mountain

As a C7 original owner I paid $2,150 total. It was 1,000 for the 2-day class and an additional $1,150 for the third day. So $2,150 total for 3-days of classes.

It also includes 1 night lodging and 2 meals per day.

Last edited by Sallye M; 03-17-2015 at 06:28 AM.
Old 03-17-2015, 12:07 AM
mjcourt
Pro

Received 118 Likes on 73 Posts

I've done Bondurant's ZR1 school and Spring Mountains level 1 and 2 classes. Both schools have great programs and instructors. The one thing I like better about SM is that their track has plenty of safe run-off if you do make a mistake and go off track. The Bondurant track has several spots with walls, tire piles and fencing. You have to be more careful there.
Old 03-17-2015, 12:14 AM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,028 Likes on 486 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by VatorMan
I've done the Bondurant 3 day course and Spring Mountain Level II. I am headed back to Spring Mountain tomorrow. That should tell you which I think is the better school.

Bondurant 4-day a few years ago and SM Level 2 earlier this year. I will go back to SM for Level 3 later this year.
S.
Old 03-17-2015, 08:57 AM
gmccreary
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 11B250
ehhh, I'm pretty sure it's 2150 for the 3 days. It's not 2150 for day 3. The Z06 is more money. I know that...
I recently signed up for the 3 day (1-3 Dec). Total cost is $2150 for new C7 owners. The price includes one night's lodging.

Get notified of new replies

To Bondurant vs. Spring Mountain

Old 03-17-2015, 10:28 AM
romaja
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I did the Bondurant 4 day in the fall of 2013. I did SM level 2 last spring. This April I will go back to SM for the level 3. I love the track at SM and the instructors!
Old 03-17-2015, 03:41 PM
proeagles
Melting Slicks

Received 2,156 Likes on 897 Posts

Originally Posted by Roadrogue
I don't know if they are the only game in town, but those prices are outrageous. I've done motorcycle track days, track schools and racing and the cost is a fraction of that. What possible justification do they have to be raping you that way? The cost of the track and ambulance service is the same. I'll be looking for alternatives for my C7 track experience.
There is a huge difference between a track day and a school conducted by actual professional drivers. I've been instructing (non-professionally) for BMWCCA for years, club raced for 7 years, and I actually learned alot from my 3 day school at Spring Mountain. Those guys really know what they are doing. When you can keep up with them in their Camaro with your C7 then maybe you might have it figured out. My only complaint with the school was they didn't put an instuctor in the car until day 3 and that is when my learning curve went through the roof.
Old 03-17-2015, 04:57 PM
silky1
Racer

Originally Posted by Roadrogue
You also don't have to use your own car. I asked roughly how many days they get out of tires and brakes. They said 4-5 days on a set of tires and 5-6 on a set of brakes. So once you add up all these factors it's a hell of a deal. Like another poster said, good luck keeping up with them. They are driving, instructing out of their mirrors, and talking on the radio all while waxing you in a SS Camaro. Spend the money it's worth.

Last edited by silky1; 03-17-2015 at 05:14 PM.

Quick Reply: Bondurant vs. Spring Mountain