Reliable Transport to be avoided at all costs

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 04:27 PM
dwward
Jukebox Graduate
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Reliable Transport to be avoided at all costs

I regret the day I contracted with Reliable to transport my new Z06 from Kerbeck to St Louis. I contracted with them on February 18 and PAID at that time. As of today the car has not only not been picked up, but they can't tell me when they will pick it up. "Work with us, please" is a common refrain. Phone calls not returned, etc. I was told last week it would be picked up this week for sure. Now I'm told to call back Friday and they hope they can pick it up one day next week.

It's clear they have more business then they can handle and have no real interest in dealing with a one-off customer like me. They did take my money however and have had that for 6 weeks. Performance? They just can't seem to find time for that.

I'm so mad I can't see straight. I want my car! I'm completely overwhelmed at work or I'd be on a plane now to get it. I'm really angry about this.
Old 04-01-2015, 04:32 PM
drs
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 278 Likes on 184 Posts

That would be totally frustrating. I have a buddy that had a similar issue with another transporter. Apparently it's pretty standard practice with some of these companies to be really vague with exact delivery dates. Hopefully you'll get some action soon.
Old 04-01-2015, 04:39 PM
OVERULD
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 296 Likes on 214 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16

Are you referring to Reliable Carriers (with the orange trucks)? If so, it may be a while. They have three huge auctions in April: Mecum in Kansas City and Houston plus Barrett Jackson in West Palm Beach. Most of their trucks are dedicated to those type big events - almost all of which happen in the first quarter. If you can cancel and get your money back you may be better off.

Hope you can get it worked out - I am sure it is frustrating.

BJ
Old 04-01-2015, 04:53 PM
Calif Vetteman
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I thought Kebeck arranged for private carrier delivery for their customers.

'Hankman', a forum member posted that Kerbeck had his C7 delivered in 6 days to So.Cal. for $1600.00 from their location.
Old 04-01-2015, 04:55 PM
dwward
Jukebox Graduate
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Calif Vetteman

'Hankman', a forum member posted that Kerbeck had his C7 delivered in 6 days to So.Cal. for $1600.00 from their location.
I haven't enjoyed that level of service.
Old 04-01-2015, 04:58 PM
jrainlay
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Intercity Lines is a more "reliable" option!
Old 04-01-2015, 05:01 PM
///ADMAN
Melting Slicks

Received 471 Likes on 307 Posts

If you paid by Credit Card, then just cancel the order and reverse the charges. Then, hit up Intercity here on the CF. Or, Mike at Criswell ships all of his cars through Plycar.
Old 04-01-2015, 05:07 PM
dwward
Jukebox Graduate
Support Corvetteforum!

Reliable Carriers
Old 04-01-2015, 05:29 PM
F4 Phantom
Melting Slicks

Received 490 Likes on 292 Posts

I picked out my car off Kerbeck's available incoming cars list. It was on a truck going in the wrong direction from Kentucky to New Jersey. I wired Kerbeck a deposit on 2/3/14. It was delivered to Kerbeck, picked up by Montway, driven cross country (through a blizzard on the East Coast), and delivered to my house in LA on 2/13/14. If I were you I would forget about Reliable, contract with Montway, tell your salesman at Kerbeck what's happening, and authorize him to release your car only to Montway. The most important thing for you now is to get your car on a transporter and on its way to your destination. Then try to get your money backl from reliable by whatever means necessary.
Old 04-01-2015, 05:29 PM
Dave@Ciocca
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 1,656 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by Calif Vetteman

No, we don't arrange it ourselves because we want the driver who comes to get the car to be working for you, not us. He'll act as your agent to inspect the car and he'll look that car over much more closely if you're paying him than if it was us and he was worried about us not giving us more business.

Having said that, the most frequent trucks we see here are Thomas Sunday, Horseless Carriage, Passport and Exotic (up and down the East Coast).

I actually just got a call from Thomas Sunday that said they had some empty spots on a car heading west and asked if we had anyone having trouble getting a car going west. It may be worth giving them a call.

Dave
Old 04-01-2015, 05:32 PM
HighTeq
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Buy me a plane ticket and I'll pick it up for you.

I know the feeling of wanting it, I looked at mine over the weekend at the museum before I could actually pick it up on the following Monday.
Old 04-01-2015, 05:33 PM
rmorin1249
Le Mans Master

Received 1,738 Likes on 1,174 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16,'18

This is crazy! Almost 6 weeks waiting for a truck to show up? Goes to show what I know as I thought Reliable was one of the more "reliable" carriers. Man, I feel your pain. I sure hope you can cancel and get your car on a truck headed west real soon.

Last edited by rmorin1249; 04-01-2015 at 06:34 PM.
Old 04-01-2015, 06:06 PM
LIE2ME
Le Mans Master

Received 4,579 Likes on 1,646 Posts

In April of 2014, I contracted with Reliable to pick up my new Corvette from a dealer in Ohio and transport it to my home in South Carolina. Cost was $800.00 which I thought was pretty reasonable. After hearing nothing for two weeks, I called the Reliable service number and was transferred to the foremen closest to the pick-up site. Turns out they had the route backwards, thought they were picking it up in South Carolina and transporting to Ohio! Once we straightened that out, it turned out they had a truck in the general area of the selling dealer that following Monday. At 10:00am Monday, I get a call from the driver. She was in the process of picking the car up from the dealer, discovered a stress crack on the driver's door and refused to pick up the car until I was told. That was one sharp gal, as most would have never noticed that small crack. Well, I got a letter of responsibility from the dealer and the car was promptly loaded. It arrived a day later in otherwise perfect condition and the dealer paid for the very minor repair. The driver and her partner were both first rate. Very professional. So, after all that I was a satisfied customer and would probably use them again, but mine is just one story. I wish you the best of luck and hope you get your car soon...
Old 04-01-2015, 06:41 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Originally Posted by ///ADMAN
If you paid by Credit Card, then just cancel the order and reverse the charges. Then, hit up Intercity here on the CF. Or, Mike at Criswell ships all of his cars through Plycar.
If this were my car with your experience, I'd do what the person above suggested. It's easy to reverse a credit card charge. Good luck. The company may be sensitive to the social media and yelp based on what is written there by clients/customers.
Old 04-01-2015, 08:38 PM
U8 DU5T
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by AORoads
If this were my car with your experience, I'd do what the person above suggested. It's easy to reverse a credit card charge. Good luck. The company may be sensitive to the social media and yelp based on what is written there by clients/customers.
I'm going to venture to guess the OP didn't pay with a credit card.

I sold my OEM wheels on another Corvette forum. The buyer sent me a cashier's check. Not paying by credit card now a days is just crazy. But it seems common among the Corvette owner demographics. Credit cards provide the most consumer protection. As you stated, doing a reversal is easy peazy. I've done too many to count.
Old 04-01-2015, 09:05 PM
beachcomber
Drifting

Received 49 Likes on 45 Posts

I'll pay for my own plane ticket to drive it to you!
Old 04-01-2015, 09:10 PM
anders1118
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ///ADMAN
Agreed, i had a Porsche shipped through Plycar a few years back, everything went great!

Get notified of new replies

To Reliable Transport to be avoided at all costs

Old 04-01-2015, 10:36 PM
RobWilson
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 218 Likes on 145 Posts

A good friend of mine had the same experience with Reliable a few months ago. He ended up having to go with another transport service.

Originally Posted by dwward
I regret the day I contracted with Reliable to transport my new Z06 from Kerbeck to St Louis. I contracted with them on February 18 and PAID at that time. As of today the car has not only not been picked up, but they can't tell me when they will pick it up. "Work with us, please" is a common refrain. Phone calls not returned, etc. I was told last week it would be picked up this week for sure. Now I'm told to call back Friday and they hope they can pick it up one day next week.

It's clear they have more business then they can handle and have no real interest in dealing with a one-off customer like me. They did take my money however and have had that for 6 weeks. Performance? They just can't seem to find time for that.

I'm so mad I can't see straight. I want my car! I'm completely overwhelmed at work or I'd be on a plane now to get it. I'm really angry about this.
Old 04-02-2015, 12:15 AM
hankman
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by dwward
I haven't enjoyed that level of service.
It is true, Montway picked it up the day it was ready. it arrived at my house in calif 6 days later....maybe i got lucky, $1600.
Old 04-02-2015, 12:56 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,309 Likes on 13,980 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

I can understand your anger. No reason that your car hasn't been picked up and delivered to you after that long of a time. Hope you can cancel and then find a more customer oriented transporter.

Quick Reply: Reliable Transport to be avoided at all costs