Sponsored by:

Los Angeles Dealer Service Reccomendations

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2015, 10:11 PM
C7Bill
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Los Angeles Dealer Service Reccomendations

I live in Long Beach, Calif and would appreciate comments on a dealer for service. Right now just oil change. Prefer a service department that is Corvette savvy.
Old 04-08-2015, 01:30 AM
mnap
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, I asked the same thing and folks recommended Rydell in Norhtridge and a few others.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-in-socal.html
Old 04-08-2015, 04:46 AM
hdwideglide
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Win Chevrolet in Carson/Long Beach. Ask for Al in the service department, he is great and really takes good care of your Vette. He is a Corvette person and is the only person that works on and services my Vette. I've been using Al for 8 years.
Old 04-08-2015, 10:03 AM
C7Bill
Intermediate

Default Service

Originally Posted by hdwideglide
Win Chevrolet in Carson/Long Beach. Ask for Al in the service department, he is great and really takes good care of your Vette. He is a Corvette person and is the only person that works on and services my Vette. I've been using Al for 8 years.
Thanks, is Win the old Cormier dealership? I remember the Corvettes hanging from cranes. They are close.
Old 04-08-2015, 04:47 PM
Calif Vetteman
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by C7Bill
Thanks, is Win the old Cormier dealership? I remember the Corvettes hanging from cranes. They are close.
Yes it is. Cormier got into some financial trouble and closed it's doors.

I don't know anything about Win's service department, if they are close give them a try.

If it doesn't work out Rydell in Northridge has the best Vette tech in So Ca.
Donny York. Rydell was 25th in sales for 2014, of the top 50 dealers in Corvette Sales. We have members in our club that live in the Beach communities that come up to the Valley to have their Vettes serviced.

You do have to make an appointment
Good Luck
Old 04-08-2015, 06:32 PM
Keith N
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by hdwideglide
Al at Win Chevrolet has worked on my C6 Coupe, C6 Z06 and now my C7. He recently did my 500 mile oil change and wheel alignment. I specifically asked the service writer to only have Al work on my car.
Old 04-08-2015, 10:39 PM
C7Bill
Intermediate

Default Service

Originally Posted by Calif Vetteman
Yes it is. Cormier got into some financial trouble and closed it's doors.

I don't know anything about Win's service department, if they are close give them a try.

If it doesn't work out Rydell in Northridge has the best Vette tech in So Ca.
Donny York. Rydell was 25th in sales for 2014, of the top 50 dealers in Corvette Sales. We have members in our club that live in the Beach communities that come up to the Valley to have their Vettes serviced.

You do have to make an appointment
Good Luck
Thanks, I don't mind driving a few miles for good service. What is your club affiliation?
Old 04-10-2015, 12:46 PM
B747VET
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 861 Likes on 404 Posts

Another vote for Al at WIN Chevrolet. He has helped me with two issues on my C5 Vert. One in particular was a very tricky fluid leak in the rear. Two other Chevy dealers misdiagnosed the problem.

Al put it up in the air and then together we used flashlights and traced the fluid flows and finally found the pinhole leak in a brake line. $200 repair with Al compared to the $1800 component replacement that the other dealer incorrectly diagnosed and strongly pressured me to immediately perform for serious safety reasons.

Al also owned his own C5 and quite obviously really knows Corvettes and is a completly trustworthy straight shooter.

Also, Cormier never "closed its doors." There was a smooth transition between Cormier and WIN ownership. The doors never closed for a single day.

Last edited by B747VET; 04-10-2015 at 12:50 PM.
Old 04-10-2015, 12:57 PM
Calif Vetteman
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by C7Bill
Thanks, I don't mind driving a few miles for good service. What is your club affiliation?
Vintage Corvettes of Southern California. Club was established in 1971.

We used to be on of the largest clubs around, but over the years new clubs have popped up, and people move, and then there is that large Corvette Club in the sky .

Check out our web site. www.vintagecorvettessocal.com (VCSC)

Our Club meets the first Saturday of every month at the Junk Yard Cafe in Simi Valley.

Last edited by Calif Vetteman; 04-10-2015 at 01:00 PM.
Old 04-10-2015, 02:20 PM
VET4GAR
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Try Selman Chevrolet in Orange - I was impressed. Oil change - Did what they said, when they said and called me a week later to check in on me....
Old 04-10-2015, 10:13 PM
hdwideglide
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by B747VET
Another vote for Al at WIN Chevrolet.
Also, Cormier never "closed its doors." There was a smooth transition between Cormier and WIN ownership. The doors never closed for a single day.
That is absolutely correct.

Get notified of new replies

To Los Angeles Dealer Service Reccomendations

Quick Reply: Los Angeles Dealer Service Reccomendations